Page 57 of 148 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2953
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    oh thats right, arent all the patches now okay to update with?
    All patches except the ones listed in "Remove these patches before updating to 1.4.5" (or something similar) which can be found in the patches sub-forum.
    I've got the 1.4.5 update (on O2 in the UK), but the only significant difference to me is that I can no longer user the UberKernel, so I really wouldn't worry!
    Ya the update isn't really that spectacular. I have a Bell Palm Pre and trust me the update did nothing. Other than give you a bug so you couldn't run PDK apps without a patch.
    I tell you what. Im quite disapointed in the lack of new pdk applications showing up in the catalog now that the contest has started. Not to mention the lack of the US update to 1.4.5. If palm was worried about a recertification, I can only imagine just how long it would have taken to get a new version out there.

I really hope theres a legit reason for the lack of new pdk applications and no 1.4.5. Fairly disapointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    Ya the update isn't really that spectacular. I have a Bell Palm Pre and trust me the update did nothing. Other than give you a bug so you couldn't run PDK apps without a patch.
    Sometimes it's about what the update does that you have no visibility into, such as back end work.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I tell you what. Im quite disapointed in the lack of new pdk applications showing up in the catalog now that the contest has started.
    How do you know that there aren't new pdk apps? If they're 1.4.5 only they won't show up in your app catalog.
    You should be able to see all the apps regardless or your webOS version if you use preware.
    i tell you what, palm and hp better release the new update with the flash player. if they dont i might just beam my pre into the floor!
    Quote Originally Posted by dk6640 View Post
    i tell you what, palm and hp better release the new update with the flash player. if they dont i might just beam my pre into the floor!
    If you beam it through the floor you can then install a fireman pole and slide down to the bottom floor. This is all hypothetical of course and I am assuming you have a two story establishment and are on said second or higher floor.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    I tell you what. Im quite disapointed in the lack of new pdk applications showing up in the catalog now that the contest has started. Not to mention the lack of the US update to 1.4.5. If palm was worried about a recertification, I can only imagine just how long it would have taken to get a new version out there.

I really hope theres a legit reason for the lack of new pdk applications and no 1.4.5. Fairly disapointing.
    They wont realease PDK apps until 1.4.5 is released. Silly if they did.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    They're probably holding off on releasing in the US because Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T are probably adding vendor-specific updates that take an additional few more days to test- such as Sprint TV, VZ Navigator, etc.
    You can just beam it into my house instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If you beam it through the floor you can then install a fireman pole and slide down to the bottom floor. This is all hypothetical of course and I am assuming you have a two story establishment and are on said second or higher floor.
    lawl actually im on the first floor, no basement. I'll beam it to the molten core in the center of the earth!
    If you could beam it in the sense that I am thinking in my head then you may very well have the greatest understanding of quantum physics, in which case we all already have 1.4.5 installed anyway, until we observe our updates and realize we are still at 1.4.1.x

in any case if you do stumble upon the resolution for all of the issues we have in quantum string theory please let me know I have some seriously cool uses for it... but I guess you would already know this :-)
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    If you could beam it in the sense that I am thinking in my head then you may very well have the greatest understanding of quantum physics, in which case we all already have 1.4.5 installed anyway, until we observe our updates and realize we are still at 1.4.1.x

in any case if you do stumble upon the resolution for all of the issues we have in quantum string theory please let me know I have some seriously cool uses for it... but I guess you would already know this :-)
    WebOS 2.0 will have beaming tech. Use goog map and pick your destination. The Beam Me Up app will encompass you an a positronic taceon bubble encased in an element 115 anti-matter worm-hole to the google map destination. Uh huh. Seen the beta. Monkeys turned into bananas and a whole bunch of wierd bugs.

Where ever you go... there you are.

I should be a scifi writer. (not)
  17. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

You just pulled a Schrödinger's reference about a software update on a phone. Hah, there's a first.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts

I also find this a bit concerning. I wasn't expecting a FLOOD of apps like most people seem to have been, but it seems like very little is going on in the App Catalog at all. Since upgrading to 1.4.5 (I'm in the UK), I've been shocked how few apps have been showing up.

I too hope there's more than meets the eye here...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    oh thats right, arent all the patches now okay to update with?
    No, not all of the patches are up to date with 1.4.5. I've been told by one Homebrew Developer that when he gets the OTA UPDATE He will update his patches to work with 1.4.5.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)

oh yes i knw everything, im just wondering if i could, you know, sell it to u? I know more about quantum physics than anyone. So i just need to teleport back in time and tell my great great great uncle einstein about my findings, then ill get back to you on the price