Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2953
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I can't decide which I admire more, rwhitby's (and colleagues!) patience in his flawless programming, or his patience with some of us here in the forum.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    lis of things i want in next update:
    1: FLASH
    2: HTML5 in the web browser (already announced)
    3: native video light
    4: a new kernel developed by palm that raises the clock speed (preferably 800 mhz+)
    5: an app that makes my phone turn into a rocket
    6: native photo editing
    7: more speed
    8: did i mention more speed?
    9: fix some gay bugs throughout the OS

and that should satisfy me
    OH NO WAIT
    native option to change the alert ringtone,
    i dislike the homebrew patch to do this because when i'm on a phone call it goes off and its like <deleted by Mod> and it just so happens that i was talking to my boss on the phone once.......

that should satisfy me (:

oh about this update,
    i believe its coming out tonight,
    my sources are good....
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/16/2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    Quote Originally Posted by M@tterhorn View Post
    lis of things i want in next update:
    1: FLASH
    2: HTML5 in the web browser (already announced)
    3: native video light
    4: a new kernel developed by palm that raises the clock speed (preferably 800 mhz+)
    5: an app that makes my phone turn into a rocket
    6: native photo editing
    7: more speed
    8: did i mention more speed?
    9: fix some gay bugs throughout the OS

and that should satisfy me
    OH NO WAIT
    native option to change the alert ringtone,
    i dislike the homebrew patch to do this because when i'm on a phone call it goes off and its like <deleted by Mod> and it just so happens that i was talking to my boss on the phone once.......

that should satisfy me (:

oh about this update,
    i believe its coming out tonight,
    my sources are good....
    umm...interesting...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/16/2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    umm...interesting...
    don't hold me to that release date,
    i just like getting peoples hopes up.
    One thing I found interesting with 1.4.5 is that I no longer get TMC errors when booting games, exiting them, and booting new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    One thing I found interesting with 1.4.5 is that I no longer get TMC errors when booting games, exiting them, and booting new ones.
    Even after several days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    pre or pre plus
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

You know what? I'm going to go ahead ad say I really DON'T want to see the plague that is Flash come to webOS... and if it does... there better damn well be a way to disable it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    You know what? I'm going to go ahead ad say I really DON'T want to see the plague that is Flash come to webOS... and if it does... there better damn well be a way to disable it.
    no worries dude,its been said a 1000 times it will be a app in catolog,so you don't have to get it.
    If Palm doesn't provide that option you can be sure that a homebrew patch will.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If Palm doesn't provide that option you can be sure that a homebrew patch will.

-- Rod
    It greatly pleases me to hear that.
    i disagree, i would love to see flash come to webOS. All the rich content it provides can really come in handy. Granted there should be an option to turn it off for those who don't like it, but like all other mobile platforms with flash installed there is typically a setting to turn it off, just like you can turn javascript off, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is completely and utterly incorrect, and completely misses the extreme efforts that WebOS Internals takes to make sure that anything we release is 100% compatible with Palm's current firmware and known future plans.

The EFF implements a correction which makes an OTA-updated Pre have the same /etc/fstab contents as a Pre which has had 1.4.5 installed using the webOS Doctor. *Exactly the same*. And it was only released after Palm confirmed that they would handle both cases (OTA'd devices and Doctor'd devices) in the next update, so we could be sure that EFF would have zero impact on Palm's future plans.

-- Rod
    Rod

My complete apologies first and I will say I didn't mean it to sound maybe the way it came out and I am sure I could still be very wrong.

I actually realized after I posted that I probably hadn't properly explained my thoughts on why Palm may not implement said fix (or why they may be looking for some other fix). I had to leave the house and just got back on the pc now.

I personally completely trust the WebOS Internals team.

What I was trying to infer, is that maybe Palm is trying to correct their own error (on either the OTA and/or Dr side). And this could be the basis of a lack of public response to the issue (other than telling devs to change their programing).

Once again sorry Rod and team, it wasn't meant to come off like it did. I had a couple drinks prior to that post and maybe didn't articulate correctly.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Why would anyone not want flash? I mean you dont like it dont go any websites that use flash haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Why would anyone not want flash? I mean you dont like it dont go any websites that use flash haha
    Or, if Flash comes out in the App Catalog, don't install it!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    What about websites that currently load really quickly and nicely that, when Flash is installed, will take forever and then lag horribly once loaded because of tons of Flash banner ads? Think outside the box: aside from video content and games, Flash is extremely annoying and downright unfavorable.

As a developer and a proponent of Javascript and HTML5, I believe Flash needs to disappear. Completely. It's not actually going to happen, but the closer the better. Flash is a cheap work-around for those too lazy to do something with the native web languages.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    What about websites that currently load really quickly and nicely that, when Flash is installed, will take forever and then lag horribly once loaded because of tons of Flash banner ads? Think outside the box: aside from video content and games, Flash is extremely annoying and downright unfavorable.

As a developer and a proponent of Javascript and HTML5, I believe Flash needs to disappear. Completely. It's not actually going to happen, but the closer the better. Flash is a cheap work-around for those too lazy to do something with the native web languages.
    You are correct except for the adblock that we have (although it is just a patch and not official). Yes I hate those ads too. However with the option of turning flash off none of that would be a problem. Now think of all the little games/flash based website that will be open to us.

Let me put it this way, Why would you not want the option??
    Wow, just happened to wake up and expected the update to be out now.
    I wish I had 4 hands, so I could give Palm 4 THUMBS DOWN!! ***!?!? DELIVER USA 1.4.5 before we grow gray hair!!!!!!!!!!!