Page 51 of 148 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2953
    What's with everyone taking their stuff off before they know the update is here? I always wait til I can see it on the update app, then I exit the update app, remove what needs to be removed, then update. Repeat on the wife's phone (or at the same time depending on the update circumstances).
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    What's with everyone taking their stuff off before they know the update is here? I always wait til I can see it on the update app, then I exit the update app, remove what needs to be removed, then update. Repeat on the wife's phone (or at the same time depending on the update circumstances).
    Your a smarter man than I. Lol. I honestly expected it to drop for Sprint yesterday or this morning since it seemed like carriers were finally releasing it. But I didnt know I only had to take away my theme, I wasnt sure if the AUPT applied to the testing feeds as well BUT it does so thats awesome!
    Considering the PDK contest started today, I expected to see a flood of apps. Kinda disconcerning.
    Considering USA still has 1.4.1, I doubt they've approved any to the app catalog yet. This is honestly unbelievable to me that we still don't have it here. They gave it to the rest of the world yesterday but still can't give it to us. Clearly they are not waiting on carrier permissions because they said the reason they are releasing with the bug entact is to avoid carrier certification again, so as far as I'm concerned, they are just plain being SLOW now!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! WAKE UP PALM!
    Agree, what is the friggin' holdup NOW!?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Considering USA still has 1.4.1, I doubt they've approved any to the app catalog yet.
    I'm assuming that the PDK game that I bought this morning on 1.4.5 counts for that author for the Hot PDK Apps contest. Palm has not announced any delay, and the contest has started, and there are people able to buy existing approved PDK apps on 1.4.5 in many parts of the world ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    But not the country with the most phone sales.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    But not the country with the most phone sales.
    yea! That's pretty lame haha... Lets hope the wait is almost over!!
    Hopefully. I wonder how many new PDK 1.4.5 apps have been added so far, seems like no one has said exactly, but Rod just said he bought one.
    Same here!!!! Except i was just using the uberkernel. My phone is so slow now.
    Hopefully. I wonder how many new PDK 1.4.5 apps have been added so far, seems like no one has said exactly, but Rod just said he bought one.
    I have yet to see any apps get added yet that require 1.4.5. Regardless of if its available in the us yet determines a influx of apps.

Remember palm gave developers the chance to request there app be out earlier then the contest. Well now we have the contest, and no new apps that stick out.

I see a disapointment coming. Perhaps tommorrow's app update will bring somthing.

And wernt current pdk apps such as EA (First Party) developers void in the contest anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    And wernt current pdk apps such as EA (First Party) developers void in the contest anyways?
    I bought Cronk, which was developed with the PDK and complies with the rules as I read them.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I must say I am a little upset that Sprint has not released the update yet. I thought for sure they would have it out before the PDK hot apps started.

So much for Sprint being quick and easy on firmware updates/certifications...
    Last edited by Butters3605; 07/16/2010 at 11:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I bought Cronk, which was developed with the PDK and complies with the rules as I read them.

-- Rod
    Very well, but obviously the pdk has been out awhile. 1 Developer has released some 3rd party applications. I would expect on the allowence of pdk apps in the catalog that we would see a nice update of apps on day 1 of the contest. I would think a developer trying to compete in the contest would want his app out there day 1, to maximize there chances of winning.

So therefore, with cronk being out there on day 1 of the contest, it will have a leg up on the rest.

I can only hope the lack of US 1.4.5 update is the reason for no newer apps released. Perhaps no multi-lang support? If so thoe, not fair to developers trying to compete in a contest that has already started.
    Wasn't Cronk already in the Catalog weeks ago?
    Wasn't Cronk already in the Catalog weeks ago?
    Yes it was, palm sent a memo out asking for developers that had pdk applications refined and perfected. Applications that palm would consider releaseing if it was beyond beta quality. That was one of the developers.

Edit; I just checked, the PDK Leaderboard isn't even ready on the start of the contest. What is up with that?

Edit; Just read this... from the contest details page. That rules out Cronk, considering it was released before the period.

All apps developed with Palm’s webOS PDK and made available through Palm app distribution mechanisms during the program period may be considered for the awards.
    Thanks, that is what I was thinking too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Edit; Just read this... from the contest details page. That rules out Cronk, considering it was released before the period.
    I read that as any app that is available during that period is eligible. For it to be read otherwise would make it different from the rules of the SDK Hot Apps contest (the winner of which was available well before the start of the contest).

Compare http://developer.palm.com/index.php?...rticle&id=1892 with http://developer.palm.com/index.php?...rticle&id=2087 and you'll see the eligibility conditions are the same as far as that is concerned.

The app I purchased today is eligible. Hot PDK Apps has started.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/16/2010 at 12:35 AM.
    BTW, Palm Hot Apps has also been updated to indicate that the contest has started.

-- Rod
    Just love how the early adopters are the ones taking the shaft from Palm rather than being rewarded.. clearly its not coming tonight. Fail.