Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2953
    It seems like this is a pretty small fix for how long this update has been on hold. Granite I would feel comfortable making this change manually myself. But you would think Palm making this change (one small little ending with the umask) that every carrier would not need to retest EVERYTHING and take 3 more weeks to release the update. I hope they get things rolling.... (SPRINT!)
    about 2:00am in today i got the update for 1.4.5 and installed it!!!
    I live in Canada,Ontario!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It has safeguards to ensure it will only do things on webOS 1.4.5 and not any later version (like 1.4.5.1 etc).

What happens when Sprint releases a .1 again like they do every time?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    What happens when Sprint releases a .1 again like they do every time?
    This version of the EFF will refuse to run on it. Unless someone has a crystal ball and can tell me whether this fix is needed on a 1.4.5.1 or not?

If the fix is needed for future versions, the EFF is simply updated to allow itself to be executed on those versions too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This is what Palm has posted this morning....

Forums webOS • View topic - Alert: 1.4.5 Bug with Writing to /media/internal

Hard to tell if they are going to push the update out and let people suffer (that don't know how to fix) or wait on the update, though they state of pushing the update out to the other carriers. (besides US)
    Update for the US update, there is no update
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    This is what Palm has posted this morning....

Forums webOS • View topic - Alert: 1.4.5 Bug with Writing to /media/internal

Hard to tell if they are going to push the update out and let people suffer (that don't know how to fix) or wait on the update, though they state of pushing the update out to the other carriers. (besides US)

Rod Whitby of WebOS Internals fame has a fix for this HERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Rod Whitby of WebOS Internals fame has a fix for this HERE.
    yes, they just need to get the update out for the US Carriers and what about all those people that don't use or know about pre|central. Probably going to be a bit longer...
    Hey Rod, it sounds like their suggested fix of changing save directory for PDK apps has the potential of breaking alot of the Save/Restore scripts. That could turn into a real mess.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Palm confirmed on Thursday that the rollout of webOS 1.4.5 has stalled after discovering a programming error that caused some PDK applications to crash. After releasing webOS 1.4.5 to O2 Germany and SFR in France, customers began reporting that their PDK-based applications, mostly games, were crashing.

Palm halted the rollout of webOS 1.4.5, investigated the problem, and discovered that webOS 1.4.5 did not update a key system file, “/etc/fstab.” As a result, the “/media/internal drive” is viewed as read-only by PDK applications, a situation which causes the apps to throw an error when they require a storage location that is read and write-enabled, not read-only. Despite the presence of this error, Palm has decided not to delay the update any longer and is going to roll out webOS 1.4.5 in its current state.

Palm confirmed that it is working on a fix but it will not be available until the next version of webOS is released. Application developers whose apps are affected by this bug are encouraged to re-write their apps to store game data in another location. Wow.
    There's already a fix for it.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    There's already a fix for it.
    Where?

* Also, I just realize this should probably have been posted in the WebOS forum
    I'm stuck on checking for update...could 1.4.5 be live right now and servers getting hit? I been stuck on this for like 45 mins now
    Not on sprint yet
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Where?

* Also, I just realize this should probably have been posted in the WebOS forum
    Look back 5 posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Of course there is still the old standby of stopping your phone from updating and waiting until the update is proven to be good.

From someone else's post (Thanks)

Here is a quick and dirty way to block webOS updates:

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

Then, either reboot or execute:

killall UpdateDaemon

No more executing the update program.
    Re-Enable Updates

If you disablled your update you might want to re-enable it at some point.

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Rod, it sounds like their suggested fix of changing save directory for PDK apps has the potential of breaking alot of the Save/Restore scripts. That could turn into a real mess.
    Actually, it won't affect Save/Restore in any way at all. Some scripts may need an extra file added to the list, but I'm thinking of a way to work that out automatically anyway ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Any news on the US carriers yet?

Its is getting sad! I unthemed and dekerneled my phone for the second time now and feel like putting F105 back on again cuz 500 blows :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Any news on the US carriers yet?

Its is getting sad! I unthemed and dekerneled my phone for the second time now and feel like putting F105 back on again cuz 500 blows :S
    If you installed F105 from the WebOS Internals kernel testing feed with Preware, then you do not need to remove it.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    If you installed F105 from the WebOS Internals kernel testing feed with Preware, then you do not need to remove it.

-- Rod
    ! I asked this questions before but didnt get and answer! (or failed to read it)

Thank you!

Thats great news haha, i got a TCM error like two hours ago and was sad.