Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Well they brought Palm because they wasn't doing it right!
    Palm was/is updating webos at an astounding pace. The only thing they didn't do right was market their product effectively and widely.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Heh-
    For a second i thought you said you smell more "pork chops", lol.
    that's funny cuz I'm working in queens outside right next to a halal stand.. Only they don't believe in pork
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Actually they are under NDA. When they agreed to the terms of the developer account they agreed to a NDA. Also when you download the SDK you agree to a NDA.
    lol, oh well not like anything was really stated...
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Well you should of refreshed again. But I wonder will the sdk be release after the update or before.
    I did and nothing was there... so I must have been a few seconds slow... oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    Only they don't believe in pork
    Pork is real whether they believe in it or not.
    Just call me Berd.
    Now there's going to be threads of people waiting for the update and yes I got the email to.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    that's funny cuz I'm working in queens outside right next to a halal stand.. Only they don't believe in pork
    Hey i used to live there!
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    These are annoying. They update about every other month and release bug fixes every other month.

I'll be more happy when we get to 2.0. After that, the advances in mobile software will become more challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    These are annoying. They update about every other month and release bug fixes every other month.
    Some people consider it an honor to be a beta tester.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post

I'll be more happy when we get to 2.0. After that, the advances in mobile software will become more challenging.
    +1 but I don't want to know what it would be like with a 1.0.1 still. Updates is good but give us major updates every 3 or 4 months
    Verzion users will get the update by the fall lol.
    Sucks to be on Veerizon LOL we might never see the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksumanth View Post
    This is an email from Palm Developers Relation

webOS™ Update Coming Soon - Prepare to Test Your Apps

The next version of webOS is coming soon.

You will receive an email alert in early May announcing the availability of an SDK release candidate. Please be prepared to begin testing your apps right away.

Because the scope of the changes in this update is limited, we won't be going through a full SDK beta cycle:
    You will have approximately one week to report show-stopper bugs in webOS before it is released to carriers.
    Once the build has been released to carriers, you will have another 2-3 weeks to address app-level bugs before the update lands on consumer devices.
    It is especially important to test PDK apps against this release candidate. Developers of non-PDK apps should also test their apps to catch any unanticipated issues.
    I am a dev and didn't get that. I assume you are on the early access PDK, and if you are, keep in note that email correspondence is covered as confidential material if it is kept within the early access program.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I got the email as well.
    I got the email and I'm not even a developer. Only downloaded the SDK to take a look around.
    If they fix the image rendering, I will be close to 100% happy.
    WebOs Is freaking amazing just when the dust is starting to clear from the past update a new one is already around the corner.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    1.5 in june........july maybe dead or get 1.5.1 depending on what happen with 1.5...... then jump straight to 2.0 in august or September maybe pre 2 right before the fall quarter in college officially picks up
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yay! I can't wait to see what they throw in this one. I hope one of the devs 'spills the beans'. That's what Wikileaks is there for right?
    Hopefully flash! Yea, I'm gonna say it and everyone's gonna tell me no, but.. To my knowledge I don't think they've sent an e-mail to announce an update before have they? Must be something important!