Page 47 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast
    Please NOTE: that the article in the Palm's Developer center email that is titled "PDK Breaks Out of Beta" is from July 1 this is an old post from their blog and was from before Germany rolled out the update and they located the PDK Jailed bug.

:-( more waiting...

"I'm on a horse"
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    that's sad. Well, regardless, they waited until today to mail it to us, and the competition does start tomorrow, so I'm hoping for sometime tonight.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Searching the developers forum found this:

"At the moment, our SDK targets webOS 1.4.5. The pre-release PDK added some libraries to 1.4.1 devices, but that release has been removed. Alas, you're in a bit of a limbo time -- until we start 1.4.5 deployment on your wireless operator, we can't distribute a webOSDoctor that will update your device to 1.4.5. Hopefully this will all be resolved in the very near future."

That reply was posted today, so we need to wait to the very near future hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by tequilapr View Post
    Searching the developers forum found this:

"At the moment, our SDK targets webOS 1.4.5. The pre-release PDK added some libraries to 1.4.1 devices, but that release has been removed. Alas, you're in a bit of a limbo time -- until we start 1.4.5 deployment on your wireless operator, we can't distribute a webOSDoctor that will update your device to 1.4.5. Hopefully this will all be resolved in the very near future."

That reply was posted today, so we need to wait to the very near future hehehe

What was the question? As I read that post things are as they have been.

There has been a WebOSDoctor out for 1.4.5 O2 Germany (because the release has been out already). I am hoping the release comes soon as well, just saying that post really brings no new hope (I would say it brings some doubt) that we will see the release soon. When he is saying "hopefully" this will be resolved. That language sounds like they aren't even ready to release yet. I am not saying that is the case, just the language in that post is more negative than positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    If I have a theme with only wallpaper, boot logo, and lock screen, would I still need to remove the theme?
    It's a theme, so remove it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i just heard the last palm cast and they talked about the new webos has anyone received it??
    Nobody in the U.S.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    What was the question? As I read that post things are as they have been.
    Basically, the file permissions given to folders that the PDK apps need does not authorize writing from a jailed user. this formerly was no big deal because teh PDK apps ran as root or a user with high privileges anyway. Interestingly, the webos doctor update does not have this problem, only the over the air update.

I wonder why that correction would take forrevvar to fix?
    Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Basically, the file permissions given to folders that the PDK apps need does not authorize writing from a jailed user. this formerly was no big deal because teh PDK apps ran as root or a user with high privileges anyway. Interestingly, the webos doctor update does not have this problem, only the over the air update.

Really!
    It has to do with the way the OTA update was making the changes.... can't give you specifics, but yeah if they are still working on resolving this more than a week after it was brought to their attention, we aren't getting the update today. Unless of course they have resolved it, but just aren't saying it's been resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by markae6 View Post
    i just heard the last palm cast and they talked about the new webos has anyone received it??
    All the important places in the world have it already

-- Rod
    webOS 1.4.5 is starting to feel like adobe flash for webOS.. are they both myths? will they ever come into fruition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post

Really!
    The posting on the developer forums about that bug was less than 10 days ago.

If you think that a new release can be developed, tested, packaged, QA'd by both Palm and Carriers, and released, in much less than 10 days, then you have a wildly inaccurate view of software development and OTA update deployment.

-- Rod
    Haha, HardBeatZ just all but confirmed its delayed.. we won't be seeing anything tonight. try again in 2 more weeks
    i'm downloading 1.4.5 in the UK right now.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The posting on the developer forums about that bug was less than 10 days ago.

If you think that a new release can be developed, tested, packaged, QA'd by both Palm and Carriers, and released, in much less than 10 days, then you have a wildly inaccurate view of software development and OTA update deployment.

-- Rod
    OK then, Rod, give us an educated guess.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electronic_chicken View Post
    i'm downloading 1.4.5 in the UK right now.
    What carrier?
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    I'm downloading 1.4.5 on Bell Mobility now.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    I'm downloading 1.4.5 on Bell Mobility now.
    Well it seems like the bug that they did have got fixed? Assuming the guy in UK and the guy on Bell arent yanking our chains... hopefully. Lets hope tonight's gonna be a good night!
    donwloading with Movistar (spain)
    []