Page 46 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I assume Palm will make another announcement tomorrow or Thursday delaying the Hot Apps competition again.
    OR they could actually release the update tomorrow.
    Would make sense since the competition starts the 15th.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    I really doubt they will. Sprint is probably still reviewing the bugfix if they even have it yet, LOL.
    apparently, the bug in the update was know since just before it was released in Germany, which prompted the contest being pushed back. I wouldn't be surprised if the 15th was chosen because it gave ample time for the fix and sprint review.
  4. OrR
    Actually from what I've seen, the bug only became known because of the release of the update in Germany: Forums webOS • View topic - 1.4.5 Jail Settings and OTA Updates
    The Hot Apps obviously was first delayed because they couldn't get the original update out in time, not because of this bug. See the blog post on the 1st, well before the bug was known: An update on the PDK Hot Apps promotion | Palm Developer Center Blog
    From the above link, Chuq posted:
    okay, seriously. Work's being done, but nothing I can say quite yet. but I expect to see resolutions soon.
    That was posted on the 12th, so yeah I expect another delay.
    Any month now! Can't wait!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    As a Pixi owner I am very excited for this update. I want my 3D games!
    If the promotion starts tommorrow, we should expect the update today? Honestly thoe, I doubt we'll see it. Im only posting this becuase I was suprised by the lack of talking about it.

All things considered, I bet were all tired of "staying tuned" and waiting for nothing.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can leave any kernel installed from Preware on, but I would not advise leaving a theme on.

-- Rod
    If I have a theme with only wallpaper, boot logo, and lock screen, would I still need to remove the theme?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    If the promotion starts tommorrow, we should expect the update today? Honestly thoe, I doubt we'll see it. Im only posting this becuase I was suprised by the lack of talking about it.
    Would make total sense, and is quite definitely the way Palm intended to do it. But then that FSTAB error cropped up and instead of properly jailing PDK apps, webOS now can't run some of them at all.

So I guess now the PDK Hot Apps competition will just give early access partners a headstart and other devs will have to wait until 1.4.5.1 is pushed out.
    yeah, i checked a month ago just because i was curious when a new update might come. i was pleasantly surprised to find it was coming in a few days. then it didn't, but was going to in a few more days. then it didn't... and didn't...

it's amazing, it's just a silly little patch update that hardly has anything i care about, but i am always excited about updates, in case they help performance at all... well, i'm going to try really really hard never to be excited for an update in the future now, because no matter when it is suppose to arrive, i now know any anticipation is wasted emotional energy and likely to simply result in frustration...

i guess the frustration for me is the lack of transparency. sure, people say they know it's because of some bug that was in the update that broke programs or something, but why does practically everything have to be rumers and heresay? can't HP/Palm come out and official just say what's going on and if they've released it yet to carriers for tested (the assumption is they have, because the competition hasn't been delayed, but this is still just speculation.) we (as in pretty much anyone on these forums) are the hardcore device lovers and i believe we have proportionally more impact on the reputation and reviews of devices, so why not give even a little effort to at least inform us of what's going on? it seems dumb to alienate the community (sure maybe not all, but certainly many of us) by not communicating.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Just got an email from Palm's Developer center. It says that carriers are starting the update rollout today. Here's the exact text, interpret as you will.

PDK Breaks Out of Beta
    webOS 1.4.5 is here and with it, the availability of both the SDK and PDK in a single installation package. If you've been waiting to develop or port an OpenGL/SDL game, now's the time to become a webOS developer. If you have a webOS app or are in production with a new one, be sure you download this update. Questions? Contact a PDK team member at pdk@palm.com.
    Learn more ›

PDK Hot Apps Promotion Extended!
    We've expanded the length of our PDK Hot Apps promotion to accommodate the timing of our carrier partners' upgrade to webOS 1.4.5. Carriers are just beginning their rollout of this update, which users need to access PDK apps. The good news: You have more time to get your apps into the catalog and climb the leaderboard, giving you a better shot at your share of $1 million and HP products. Check on the web site for the new extended dates.
    Nice!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Whether this update does much in any direction, it's always good to have concrete evidence that WebOS is a vibrant and evolving platform. THat we get one in the midst of merger turmoil is even more encouraging.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I got the email too
    Me three on the Dev email... still nothing, though. Dammit VZW!
    Don't worry, I'm still not seeing it on Sprint yet either.
    yea I just got that email but update app says otherwise and I'm on sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Just got an email from Palm's Developer center. It says that carriers are starting the update rollout today. Here's the exact text, interpret as you will.

PDK Breaks Out of Beta
    webOS 1.4.5 is here and with it, the availability of both the SDK and PDK in a single installation package. If you've been waiting to develop or port an OpenGL/SDL game, now's the time to become a webOS developer. If you have a webOS app or are in production with a new one, be sure you download this update. Questions? Contact a PDK team member at pdk@palm.com.
    Learn more

PDK Hot Apps Promotion Extended!
    We've expanded the length of our PDK Hot Apps promotion to accommodate the timing of our carrier partners' upgrade to webOS 1.4.5. Carriers are just beginning their rollout of this update, which users need to access PDK apps. The good news: You have more time to get your apps into the catalog and climb the leaderboard, giving you a better shot at your share of $1 million and HP products. Check on the web site for the new extended dates.
    Got that e-mail too, swyped it away cuz I am busy and just saw the first part of the subject talking about the merger and figured it was no big news I could read it later....