Page 45 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595145 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I want my waffle making Pre II nao!
    1.5.1?
    This place should be an ongoing solid and consistent level of excitement.
    all the time - with no ups and downs.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by exi View Post
    Then don't visit it.
    u know what i mean bro... the excitement is dying here.. jajajajjaja
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    No update to 1.5.1 (supposed to be on July 7th )
    No news of new hardware
    No excitement on this site
    If you are waiting for 1.5.1... you are going to have a looooong wait.

As for the other stuff... anticipation makes the news all that much sweeter. Ok.. it doesn't, but stuff's coming... hold on.
    No news of new hardware
    I encourage you to go an read the keynote speech from yesterday morning. I found that to be pretty exciting, for the first time HP has even had a chance to publicly talk about Palm at an event....
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Yes

Wonder what he means?

Deep breaths people
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I encourage you to go an read the keynote speech from yesterday morning. I found that to be pretty exciting, for the first time HP has even had a chance to publicly talk about Palm at an event....
    And it was boring and no news!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    No news of new hardware
    I'm with you. Palm is in jeopardy of falling too far behind. Every other major platform (save for Blackberry) is releasing new and exciting equipment and news. Nothing like that from palm. Hell, even Samsung is jumping into the "big kids pool".
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennif88 View Post
    there's a 1ghz overclock kernel out in alpha form... thats about it for excitement lol
    Heck, there's a 1.2Ghz pre-alpha kernel out there. I've been using the 1Ghz for a while and it's good. 1.2Ghz should get really interesting. 50% faster than the 800Mhz that I though was an improvement.

Lot's of stuff to get excited about.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    And it was boring and no news!
    If you thought that speech was no news, you might as well stay off the forums for a while, you are going to be REAL disappointed by the upcoming update to webos.

Eh think what you will, but when a large portion of the community were convinced HP would be killing off Palm/WebOS and just wanted the patent portfolio I would say a key note speech featuring WebOS and supporting the homebrew community is news. This is the only major company (even after the HP takeover) that is supporting openness and home brew.

Add to that official mention that they are working on the path of having a WebOS slate (where this had all been rumor and inflection previously).

Maybe you don't call that news, but 10 days after a merger, I would say a lot of what was in the speech can surely be called news. With most major company mergers you would be lucky to see the kind of openness about the future within a month from the merger (especially one that closed a whole month prior to the expected close date).
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Soooo how many of you are still sitting there with your themes and kernels off? Lol. I couldnt take it anymore and got my Thunderchief and theme back on
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Soooo how many of you are still sitting there with your themes and kernels off? Lol. I couldnt take it anymore and got my Thunderchief and theme back on
    You can leave any kernel installed from Preware on, but I would not advise leaving a theme on.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Kernel is on, don't have a theme, just a custom wallpaper.
    Uhmmm I wait until I see the update is actually available before I remove my theme.
    I've never used a theme... but I uninstalled the system menu initial framework and today menu patches... Never realized just how much I would miss having my next two day's agenda that handy... Don't plan to reinstall it before the update because knowing me I'll forget to uninstall again and screw things up.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can leave any kernel installed from Preware on, but I would not advise leaving a theme on.

-- Rod
    Including kernels from the preware testing feeds?
    And I know about the theme hehe, I messed up pre by updating with a theme on before Lol.

And after a day of no update i put the kernel back on and then yesterday a theme too because one week is long enough without a cool theme on your phone haha.

What sucks more than the long wait for the update is that the PDK apps that its supposed to bring are going to take that much longer to get here

Ahhh well, I am still very happy with my phone haha
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I don't believe the drivers are the issue any longer. The Pre has been able to run 3D games for a while, and the Pixi will be able to after this update. But running Mojo apps written in Javascript, HTML, and CSS with GPU acceleration will require some different technologies, such as webGL or something like that. It's not that the drivers don't exist, it's getting the primary UI elements (which are running in something like a browser) to be accelerated. Personally, I don't think it will make as big a difference as some say it will, but I've been wrong before.
    You can write 3D apps on today's Pre (1.4.2), but you will either the performance will be crap, or you will need to write your own HW abstraction layer (driver) to access the acceleration functions. in the old days (DOS and early windows) game writers were doing it on PCs..
    However, as of today, the OS is not using any acceleration features.
    Months ago I saw a demo of a Pre that was running test drivers, and that thing was so responsive it was almost perfect..
  19. OrR
    Nope, I'm pretty sure you got all the drivers and libraries on 1.4.2 as you can see with the games by EA, Glu etc. already in the catalog (and even the homebrew Quake port before there were official 3D games). However, Palm won't allow you to submit an app with those abilities to the official catalog for a webOS version before 1.4.5 because of security issues. Those have finally been taken care of in 1.4.5. All the 3D accelleration stuff has been in there for a long time before that.
    I assume Palm will make another announcement tomorrow or Thursday delaying the Hot Apps competition again.