Page 44 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast
    hi all, can you tell me if anybody has after updating to 1.4.5 version problem with showing the preferences in phone menu? It shows me a blank white page, I am not able to switch between 2G and 3G network (for e.g.) or change settings of data apns etc. Can you please help me how to solve it? does exist some patch for it?

many thanx for any help.

cebek69
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    would they delay PDK hot apps again? If not then why wouldnt it be out by thursday?
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    I suspect they're racing right now to do just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What you have read is only reporting on the visible aspects of 1.4.5 ...

This release is the most important since 1.3.5 from an internal point of view.

-- Rod
    How is that? What new functions or features and what internal improvements will we get with 1.4.5?
    The list on the O2 website is minimal, some bug fixes, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    How is that? What new functions or features and what internal improvements will we get with 1.4.5?
    The list on the O2 website is minimal, some bug fixes, that's all.
    it will allow PDK apps and games!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    it will allow PDK apps and games!
    I have friends who worked for Palm, and according to them (this is a few months old) the Pre current OS does not use any hardware acceleration that's available in the chipsets used in the phone. Its like running an ATI graphics board in Windows safe mode.
    Originally 1.4.5 was said to implement the proper drivers to take advantage of all hardware acceleration. I thought someone would have touted this if it were to be the case, because it makes a noticeable difference in the way to phone feels (much snappier).
    But I have a feeling that those improvements have slipped to the next release, or maybe given up altogether in favor of a new HPish hardware platform..
    I have friends who worked for Palm, and according to them (this is a few months old) the Pre current OS does not use any hardware acceleration that's available in the chipsets used in the phone. Its like running an ATI graphics board in Windows safe mode.
    Originally 1.4.5 was said to implement the proper drivers to take advantage of all hardware acceleration. I thought someone would have touted this if it were to be the case, because it makes a noticeable difference in the way to phone feels (much snappier).
    But I have a feeling that those improvements have slipped to the next release, or maybe given up altogether in favor of a new HPish hardware platform..
    you are talking about gpu accelerated graphics which will probably come with webOS 2.0. I'm talking PDK apps and games.
    you are talking about gpu accelerated graphics which will probably come with webOS 2.0. I'm talking PDK apps and games.
    The Pre Plus, like the iPhone and other smart phones has a GPU built in to it. What I am saying is that Palm never got around to implement the proper drivers in the OS to take advantage of those chips. and is still using the generic OS driver to drive graphics. That is why we do not have flash, and 3D games. Without the accelerated graphics, flash and games will run on the Pre as if it has an 8086..
    The Pre Plus, like the iPhone and other smart phones has a GPU built in to it. What I am saying is that Palm never got around to implement the proper drivers in the OS to take advantage of those chips. and is still using the generic OS driver to drive graphics. That is why we do not have flash, and 3D games. Without the accelerated graphics, flash and games will run on the Pre as if it has an 8086..
    I see what you are saying but we do have 3D games and they are rendered by the GPU. Now with the PDK being released to all developers, not just a select few like gameloft and glu, more games will be released into the app catalog. GPU accelerated UI will be introduced hopefully later this year. Someone correct me if im wrong.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I see what you are saying but we do have 3D games and they are rendered by the GPU. Now with the PDK being released to all developers, not just a select few like gameloft and glu, more games will be released into the app catalog. GPU accelerated UI will be introduced hopefully later this year. Someone correct me if im wrong.
    I sincerely hope that you're not wrong.

I think the biggest obstacle for this from what I've seen so far is writing drivers for each device, since the Pre and Pixi use different GPUs. More work >.<

And then imagine when they have to release new devices.
    Surprised we haven't heard another delay on PDK Hot Apps program yet. Wonder if they are going to try and pull off a miracle and release by midnight of the 15th..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Surprised we haven't heard another delay on PDK Hot Apps program yet. Wonder if they are going to try and pull off a miracle and release by midnight of the 15th..
    I'm with you on that..... and the way the carrier network works, I would be shocked to see this happen. Another delay today or tomorrow maybe?
    Does this update even exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Does this update even exist?
    Yes
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    what is this "update" of which you speak?

;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    I sincerely hope that you're not wrong.

I think the biggest obstacle for this from what I've seen so far is writing drivers for each device, since the Pre and Pixi use different GPUs. More work >.<

And then imagine when they have to release new devices.
    I don't believe the drivers are the issue any longer. The Pre has been able to run 3D games for a while, and the Pixi will be able to after this update. But running Mojo apps written in Javascript, HTML, and CSS with GPU acceleration will require some different technologies, such as webGL or something like that. It's not that the drivers don't exist, it's getting the primary UI elements (which are running in something like a browser) to be accelerated. Personally, I don't think it will make as big a difference as some say it will, but I've been wrong before.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    No update to 1.5.1 (supposed to be on July 7th )
    No news of new hardware
    No excitement on this site
    there's a 1ghz overclock kernel out in alpha form... thats about it for excitement lol
  19. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    No news of new hardware
    Then don't visit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    No news of new hardware
    The calm before the storm my friend.... The calm before the storm...