Page 43 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    We have an established tradition of last minute delays on webOS updates. If this relatively minor release is delayed this much, just wait for the delays on the 2.0.

Impatiently waiting.
    Personally, I'd rather wait and get a clean update that doesn't require a follow-up update in a week to fix some new bug than get a buggy update on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Personally, I'd rather wait and get a clean update that doesn't require a follow-up update in a week to fix some new bug than get a buggy update on time.
    Like the people on O2 Germany that can't use the PDK stuff they had, unless they Dr or SSH in and fix the read/write property of a directory.
    waiting is unkool !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This is just getting ridiculous! PDK Hot Apps starts the 15th. It's the 12th. Obviously another typical Palm delay about to be announced on that Hot Apps yet again. No way we get the update between now and 15th.
    Waiting....still waiting.....I hate waiting....
    it is a little disconcerting that they have gone so far as to post the change log, and let loose that it has been in arrier testing for some time. Then the hp buyout and all is quiet.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Not to mention the fact that it's actually out in other countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Not to mention the fact that it's actually out in other countries.
    It's actually been released to one carrier in one country (a carrier that is in more than just that one european country). When it was released on O2 Germany it was found that there is a flaw in the OTA update that takes read/write ability away from some apps. This is why it has not been released yet, this is documented all over these forums and I know I posted the link in this thread.

Also you can look 5 posts up from your post where I mention the O2 Germany issue. If you search for the link I posted to the Palm developer forums, you can see where Palm has recognized the issue and at last posting (less than a week ago) was working on a fix for the OTA issue. Even if this is fixed, the new version has to be pushed to carriers (and possibly tested by them again) before carriers will push it.

Personally I am thinking they have at least got it to carriers or we would have already heard of another delay in hot apps. (not saying they won't delay anyways) Just that if the fixed version wasn't to carriers by now, one would think it would be impossible to attempt to roll it out to carriers then to users by the 15th.
    I'm guessing we'll see it on U.S. carriers sometime in August maybe?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I'm *HOPING* that we get hot apps on aug 1 and the update sometime before august. Mainly because the longer this is an issue the longer we wait for 1.5.

I can say I am happy that as things move forward, HP's money and R&D will be behind software and hardware development. We all know money speeds stuff up in the tech world. With that speech this morning R&D and various other references to development were plentiful.
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    Wow. Been waching this forum... guess 7-7-10 was actually 8-7-10?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Breathing exercises and cafeful comtemplation are the only things that will make this update come.
    It's funny how people keep there "thank you" up on a poster that was completely wrong on the date, but can't thank someone who makes there life easier in the patch section.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    It's funny how people keep there "thank you" up on a poster that was completely wrong on the date, but can't thank someone who makes there life easier in the patch section.
    I suspect the "thanks" was for passing information along. He can't make it true, he can only tell what he's heard. I'm greatful whether it pans out or not.
    What makes you think the original poster was wrong?

Based on the postings about the /etc/fstab bug in the public Palm developer forum, one could make a guess as to why the release has been delayed.

This is software. When releasing software, serious bugs sometimes happen, and plans change as a result. I personally would consider the /etc/fstab bug serious enough to delay a release. I don't know whether Palm has made that decision or not, but it's an obvious reason for a delay.

Or would you prefer Palm to release a webOS update that breaks your 3D games?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Are you only in the Palm game to receive a ton of clicks to your Thank You button? I promise you...a high "thank you" count really isn't worth anything in the real world.
    From what I read, 1.4.5 is a small "dot" release, that will probably fix a few bugs. This release, in Microsoft terminology, is like a "Window update" nightly download. It fixes a couple of bugs, maybe closes security holes, but will not change the way the phone works..
    Sorry, but I don't get this "anticipation" thing..
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    From what I read, 1.4.5 is a small "dot" release, that will probably fix a few bugs. This release, in Microsoft terminology, is like a "Window update" nightly download. It fixes a couple of bugs, maybe closes security holes, but will not change the way the phone works..
    Fixes ability to download podcast (important for many of us that use Dr Podder A LOT).

Also from one guy on O2 he has said his memory management has been vastly improved when it comes to PDK apps/games.
    I'm anticipating it for two reasons: I'm on a pixi and any number of bug fixes is a good thing in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    What you have read is only reporting on the visible aspects of 1.4.5 ...

This release is the most important since 1.3.5 from an internal point of view.

-- Rod