Page 41 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Please don't take the thread in that direction. The OP posted solid info they had at that time and we encourage PC members to feel free to post. Not all tips will pan out, but if people are afraid to post, no one will learn anything ahead of time. The OP had info and shared it with the community. We can't blame him/her for the release not coming, but instead we can thank that member for taking the chance and sharing what they had at the time.
    I would also like to add, that the info posted seams to be legit from multiple sources as far as PLANNED release date. But more importantly, there was the release notes included, which line up with the one release that has been made, and include some carrier specific details as well. So there is no reason as of yet to think anything was "false" as well as it gave info to the folks that may not have caught info about the O2 Germany release.... before the apparent delay issue was realized before further implementation.

Also to Palm and their carrier network for not just pushing the update partially broken so that some folks wouldn't complain about the delay. Obviously, there would have been more complaints and more potential loss for rolling out a worldwide update that was known to cause an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I just have a feeling its not coming at all this weekend. HardBeatz gave subtle hints in his post that there are things going on that they ran into and my guess (as this seems to be Palm's track record) is we won't even have it by the 15th when the PDK is supposed to launch for the 2nd time and that will again be delayed until August 1. Yes I'm being pessamistic but I'm tired of waiting and getting my hopes up by stupid rumors that never come through. Honestly, ridiculous how long its taken them to release this minor release of basically nothing after the longest waiting period yet. Certainly hope HP is able to give them enough resources to become much more aggressive in these updates. Anyway, I'd be blown away if we get it this weekend, my guess is next weekend is even pushing it.. prove me wrong, Palm!
    I don't do hints. I either have something I can say and I say it or I have stuff I can't and I don't..there's not much of a grey area.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I don't do hints. I either have something I can say and I say it or I have stuff I can't and I don't..there's not much of a grey area.
    <Doing my best Dumb n Dumber impression>....
    So you're saying there is a chance for this weekend then!
    How about we change the title of this thread to:

"Official webOS 1.4.5 Constipation Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Sometimes firmware updates are a complete community event that just sweeps us off our feet in a webos frenzy. That was 1.4.0.
    You just keep bringing that up cuz you got to sweep us off our feet, we all know it.
  6. Evansgw
    I'm back to F105... No point staying slooow.
    i think we might see 2.0 before 1.4.5.1 the rate their going..
    man I can't believe it didn't come. I reloaded all my stuff. I thought that would do it for sure. Oh and Dude, really it's just a frikin phone update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnguyen2734 View Post
    Well, you DID give the community false information
    Sounds like he posted the info he had. How is it his fault if sprint changed it?
  10. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    what did you give the community?

ETA:
    i'm somewhat excited for this update, not so much because of anything it brings, but because since i've last used Preware/Homebrew there are a LOT of new and exciting features, and I don't want to install all of this stuff and then immediately have it stop working/have to remove it, because 1.4.5.1 comes out.

i really can't wait to customize the heck out of this device, i have a feeling it'll be at least 2-3 more months until the major camera/mic API update launches, so it will be a good run with using the homebrew features without having any issues with prospective updates on the horizon immediately.
    Last edited by GFS; 07/10/2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: decided to say more than something snarky.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFS View Post
    i'm somewhat excited for this update, not so much because of anything it brings, but because since i've last used Preware/Homebrew there are a LOT of new and exciting features, and I don't want to install all of this stuff and then immediately have it stop working/have to remove it, because 1.4.5.1 comes out.
    What causes you to think you will have to do that?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Oh noes!

Gimme a ****ing break.

(And no, mods, that's how your vBvBvB $config$ $censors$ -- $I$'$m$ $not$ $trying$ $to$ $go$ $around$ $it$.)
  13. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What causes you to think you will have to do that?

-- Rod
    isn't the current process that when an update is released, the homebrew patches, et al are disabled until they are updated to match?

wouldn't this cause them to stop working? or am i missing something?

if i'm off-base, let me know. i'll get started right now. haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFS View Post
    isn't the current process that when an update is released, the homebrew patches, et al are disabled until they are updated to match?

wouldn't this cause them to stop working? or am i missing something?

if i'm off-base, let me know. i'll get started right now. haha.
    You might like to read up on AUPT.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    You might like to read up on AUPT.

-- Rod
    Actually, I have a question about that. I think this happened when the last update came out, back in February/March. After I updated, I noticed I had all my patches, but they weren't listed in Preware, and when I looked in WOSQI, they weren't listed there either. But, the patches were still applied. For instance, I still could turn on the flashlight from the drop down box, but I could not remove that patch if I chose to without installing it first so it would be on the list.

I will say that I was not aware of the save list feature in Preware at the time, so that may have prevented it. I also will say that I forgot to turn on developer mode while all this was going on, so that may have been why WOSQI was not able to see this.

As I was on vacation, I decided to to the WOS Doctor thing and start anew. This at least gave me time to look through and reinstall all my patches during the drive back.

Is this what should happen, or was my case something unique? Or am I just not remembering what happened since it was so long ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Actually, I have a question about that. I think this happened when the last update came out, back in February/March. After I updated, I noticed I had all my patches, but they weren't listed in Preware, and when I looked in WOSQI, they weren't listed there either. But, the patches were still applied. For instance, I still could turn on the flashlight from the drop down box, but I could not remove that patch if I chose to without installing it first so it would be on the list.

I will say that I was not aware of the save list feature in Preware at the time, so that may have prevented it. I also will say that I forgot to turn on developer mode while all this was going on, so that may have been why WOSQI was not able to see this.

As I was on vacation, I decided to to the WOS Doctor thing and start anew. This at least gave me time to look through and reinstall all my patches during the drive back.

Is this what should happen, or was my case something unique? Or am I just not remembering what happened since it was so long ago?
    Sounds like you needed to use the ERU.

-- Rod
    Sounds like you needed to use the ERU.

-- Rod
    And that would have found which patches I had installed and put them back in the "installed" list?

I'm going to add Preware back on my Pre and see how it goes with this update. I have having this bad taste in my mouth for the update/patch process just because I didn't investigate further (I was on vacation, last day, didn't have much time), so I'll give it another chance.

If it works, great! If it doesn't work, great even still, because I'll have an excuse to play around with my phone. This whole Preware/patches/tweaks is so exciting. If I ever go to iPhone, this is one thing I will miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by exi View Post
    Oh noes!

Gimme a ****ing break.

(And no, mods, that's how your vBvBvB $config$ $censors$ -- $I$'$m$ $not$ $trying$ $to$ $go$ $around$ $it$.)
    You could, of course, edit your own post instead of deciding to go ahead and use inappropriate language and then pre-complain about the mods before they've done anything. I mean, it's one option available to you.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Not really looking forward to much in this update except for improved battery life. Mine already lasts all day, but any improvement is welcome!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I don't know about you guys but the fact that apps like this will be coming out once 1.4.5.1 drops is pretty exciting...