Page 40 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
    Since the thread was moved does that mean it's coming today/tonight? Or am I just overoptimistic yet again?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Since the thread was moved does that mean it's coming today/tonight? Or am I just overoptimistic yet again?
    I would bet money that we will have it tonight. Or 7/9/11 at 11pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    1.4.5 is only a minor update.
    Maybe so, but I'm counting on it to fix the podcast downloading problems which have vexed me for so long.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I just have a feeling its not coming at all this weekend. HardBeatz gave subtle hints in his post that there are things going on that they ran into and my guess (as this seems to be Palm's track record) is we won't even have it by the 15th when the PDK is supposed to launch for the 2nd time and that will again be delayed until August 1. Yes I'm being pessamistic but I'm tired of waiting and getting my hopes up by stupid rumors that never come through. Honestly, ridiculous how long its taken them to release this minor release of basically nothing after the longest waiting period yet. Certainly hope HP is able to give them enough resources to become much more aggressive in these updates. Anyway, I'd be blown away if we get it this weekend, my guess is next weekend is even pushing it.. prove me wrong, Palm!
    I doubt we'll see any of these things soon but I'd like to see:

Contact birthdays automatically placed on the calendar.
    Assign special numbers that can be called while the phone is locked.
    Asign numbers to automatically be ignored.
    And how about e-mail distribution groups? I've tried different tricks and haven't goten it to work yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Maybe so, but I'm counting on it to fix the podcast downloading problems which have vexed me for so long.

You and me both, I am annoyed by streaming something I know I don't have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Ok, I hate to hijack this thread about an update that was supposed to happen yesterday, but....

Does anyone know of an app you can use to wipe your phone? While this is quite amusing she was able to post to your Facebook, and if someone were to steal my phone, I would hope they do the same, I would like to prevent them from accessing any of my personal information.
    I believe if you log in to your profile at Palm, you can wipe the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by leprecub View Post
    I was as disappointed as all of you were. I had removed all of my patches in anticipation. I am a Sprint employee, but not corporate. The Software Updates page on ISC (the portal indirect retailers use) still reflects the 07/07/10 date. I am truly sorry for this information being incorrect, my deepest apologies.
    Seriously guy, you have noting to apologize for. You gave information you had. It wasn't a promise, and anyone that took it as such, too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Seriously guy, you have noting to apologize for. You gave information you had. It wasn't a promise, and anyone that took it as such, too bad.
    Agree. I would hate to see that our sources were drying up because members were giving them a hard time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan D.
    My Palm Pre (bought early 2010, O2 Germany) is unpatched and standard clocked, but I've installed more than 100 apps since, including a few 3D games. Since the update to webOS 1.4.5 there are nearly no "Too many cards" messages if I start a 3D game, e.g. with "The Sims 3" or "Real Tennis". Before the update the "Too many cards" messages were a frequent pain. Unfortunately I'm not able to open multiple 3D games at the same time.

I definitly am looking forward to an webOS tablet, too. :-)
    Just saw that in the comments on the main page about people who switched to the EVO. Good news for us non-plus users if there is a significant memory management upgrade in the update.

Others may have already known this, but I don't follow the GSM or Non-US specific stuff too much.
    When is the new update scheduled to come out and what is it expected to improve/make better for the palm pre? Or did palm not release that yet?
  12. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I just wanna be able to delete my text convo's without it freezing up my phone for an hour only to see they never got deleted when i restart my phone...does this happen to anybody else or is it just my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Don't take the moved thread as a sign of anything. It's back in the Palm Pre forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pun View Post
    I just wanna be able to delete my text convo's without it freezing up my phone for an hour only to see they never got deleted when i restart my phone...does this happen to anybody else or is it just my phone?
    This has never once happened to me, but I remove my texts multiple times a day, do you have a huge amount of texts stored up over time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pun View Post
    That's never happened to me, and I tend to keep the text conversations cleaned up (deleting those that I don't text back and forth with regularly, leaving those that I do).
    Quote Originally Posted by Camoshooter View Post
    When is the new update scheduled to come out and what is it expected to improve/make better for the palm pre? Or did palm not release that yet?
    For the Sprint update (this also matches up pretty well with what was seen in the O2 release)

Fixes, Feature Updates and Enhancements
    Web: Podcasts now download correctly.
    Web: text entry can now be entered correctly.
    Email: Sprint branded default email signature correctly branded.
    Power consumption / battery optimization.
    Videos: A user can now send a video via multimedia messaging from the Video application.
    Video: the video trim feature now works to send in a message.
    Sprint TV: Upgrade to V 3.5.4.
    Sprint TV: Enhanced Parental controls.
    Updates seem to never be scheduled and if so they still take 10 or 15 days give or take to a supposed date....
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leprecub View Post
    I was as disappointed as all of you were. I had removed all of my patches in anticipation. I am a Sprint employee, but not corporate. The Software Updates page on ISC (the portal indirect retailers use) still reflects the 07/07/10 date. I am truly sorry for this information being incorrect, my deepest apologies.
    One thing I have learned while working at a dealer for Sprint is that ISC information never gets updated. It's very annoying. They still have the pdf for the i1 launch up that places it on the SAME DAY as the Evo. Now it's the 20-something of this month.....we are usually the last to get updated on ANY of this stuff. All this to say, "I know where your coming from"
    Well, you DID give the community false information
    Quote Originally Posted by jnguyen2734 View Post
    Well, you DID give the community false information
    Please don't take the thread in that direction. The OP posted solid info they had at that time and we encourage PC members to feel free to post. Not all tips will pan out, but if people are afraid to post, no one will learn anything ahead of time. The OP had info and shared it with the community. We can't blame him/her for the release not coming, but instead we can thank that member for taking the chance and sharing what they had at the time.