Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
    This is something that applies to current Pre/Plus/Pixi users?

Is this going to be a new WebOS or just an update thing?
    My money is on some tweaks to support Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by luismedina View Post
    I think this will be an interesting version, what about Mic & Camera API??? Maybe a Qik preview app for WebOS??? that would be nice :P
    let the rumor mill begin... damnit
    Screen Capture of the message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    nah not a developer but I have a developer account at Palm. I guess if I ever decide to learn hey I have one XD
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    nah not a developer but I have a developer account at Palm. I guess if I ever decide to learn hey I have one XD
    lol pre-emptive
    This appears to be 1.5. Palm said after the 1.4 release that the next release would enable support for PDK apps. So it seems like we'll see 1.5 in early to mid June.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Oh well and here i tought i would get a scoop on it LOL yep i just got the email
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Wow if yall was under NDA yall wouldn't be able to keep a secret if your life depended on it. 4 threads seriously. But I wonder is this HP doing to get some attention on WebOS.
    Maybe they'll address GPS. Nah...nobody's had a problem with that.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    This is an email from Palm Developers Relation

webOS™ Update Coming Soon - Prepare to Test Your Apps

The next version of webOS is coming soon.

You will receive an email alert in early May announcing the availability of an SDK release candidate. Please be prepared to begin testing your apps right away.

Because the scope of the changes in this update is limited, we won't be going through a full SDK beta cycle:
    You will have approximately one week to report show-stopper bugs in webOS before it is released to carriers.
    Once the build has been released to carriers, you will have another 2-3 weeks to address app-level bugs before the update lands on consumer devices.
    It is especially important to test PDK apps against this release candidate. Developers of non-PDK apps should also test their apps to catch any unanticipated issues.

[moderator edit] Here is the link to the PreCentral article from 4/30/10:

http://www.precentral.net/next-versi...-or-early-june

Here was an earlier PreCentral article on what is coming:

http://www.precentral.net/webos-get-...enty-more-fall
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/04/2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Wow if yall was under NDA yall wouldn't be able to keep a secret if your life depended on it. 4 threads seriously. But I wonder is this HP doing to get some attention on WebOS.
    yes... HP is sending out emails to people with developer account to gain attention for WebOS...

Hp doesn't own palm as of yet, they have no control over things like this yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    yes... HP is sending out emails to people with developer account to gain attention for WebOS...

Hp doesn't own palm as of yet, they have no control over things like this yet.
    Well they brought Palm because they wasn't doing it right!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Didnt sign anything but yea 4 threads in a matter of 1 minute! I sat here and watched them all pop up after I posted mine! (Which BTW mine was 2nd) LMOB!!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just got this in my e-mail. thougt i would post it for everyone to see.

webOS™ Update Coming Soon - Prepare to Test Your Apps

The next version of webOS is coming soon.

You will receive an email alert in early May announcing the availability of an SDK release candidate. Please be prepared to begin testing your apps right away.

Because the scope of the changes in this update is limited, we won't be going through a full SDK beta cycle:

* You will have approximately one week to report show-stopper bugs in webOS before it is released to carriers.
    * Once the build has been released to carriers, you will have another 2-3 weeks to address app-level bugs before the update lands on consumer devices.

It is especially important to test PDK apps against this release candidate. Developers of non-PDK apps should also test their apps to catch any unanticipated issues.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I am really excited about the next update. Guys at palm although they are a small company they do work at a break neck speed. The fact that they have testing candidate build so soon is a testimony to that.
    hahah...glad i didnt go through with opening a thread about this, was a couple clicks away from hitting post. you guys are quick
    Wow if yall was under NDA yall wouldn't be able to keep a secret if your life depended on it.
    Actually they are under NDA. When they agreed to the terms of the developer account they agreed to a NDA. Also when you download the SDK you agree to a NDA.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Didnt sign anything but yea 4 threads in a matter of 1 minute! I sat here and watched them all pop up after I posted mine! (Which BTW mine was 2nd) LMOB!!!
    Well you should of refreshed again. But I wonder will the sdk be release after the update or before.
    <<merged 4 threads>>
    Just call me Berd.