Page 39 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989139 ... LastLast
    That rumored launch date got me good. I was excited to get a new update, even if it was a smaller one. As I read the posts, excitement turned into disappointment, I had to remind myself that it was just a rumor. Shoot!

Good thing my Pre does what I need it to already. So, not waiting for the next update (2011?) and Flash (2020?) - when they come, they come. Pre still kicks behind with Preware!
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 07/08/2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Keep it PG-13 please...we have kids on here
    Hi all,

I've been waiting for 1.4.5 like most people and know that Sprint will probably be the first out with it. And know that it went back to fix one bug reported by one carrier.

So how is it that a lot of people here are saying they are using 1.4.5?

One person said he doctored his phone to get it?

Is it out yet via of the air update?

Or is it only available from Palm's WebOS doctoring feature?

Or is it that those that say they have it, are just developers?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

WebOS 1.4.5 has been released to a couple countries so far. Rumor is that Palm is delaying releasing it to the rest of us until they fix a bug they discovered regarding PDK apps.

So... We just have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I've been waiting for 1.4.5 like most people and know that Sprint will probably be the first out with it. And know that it went back to fix one bug reported by one carrier.

So how is it that a lot of people here are saying they are using 1.4.5?

One person said he doctored his phone to get it?

Is it out yet via of the air update?

Or is it only available from Palm's WebOS doctoring feature?

Or is it that those that say they have it, are just developers?

Thanks!

Rob
    1st off. WOAH switch to decaf
    ok.
    so basically palm makes an update, tests it, gives it to the carriers (sprint, verizon, at&t, O2, bell, etc)
    then after the carriers test it, at their respective paces, they release it to their customers.
    the only carrier I've heard to have released webOS 1.4.5 was and is O2 Germany. O2 Germany must not have tested it well because I hear that SPrint's to release a v1.4.5.1 soon that'll undo some more bugs.

so to answer your questions in order:

-the only people to have v1.4.5 right now SHOULD be the customers on O2 Germany
    -you can doctor your phone (using the german doctor) to get the latest version, again in German, but its the latest. not recommened though, unless you're on O2 Germany. i dont know much about that..
    -its not out yet. plain and simple
    -the doctor to v1.4.5 isnt out yet for us here in the states, because the webOS v1.4.5 isnt out yet. there'd need to be a version out to be able to doctor back to that version, no?
    -developers, i think, get early access to future webOS version to fix "show-stopping bugs" and whatnot. so its safe to say that some developers could have the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    1st off. WOAH switch to decaf
    ok.
    Sorry, just trying to be clear on the info I wanted!

I don't even drink coffee! LOL!

I did a little search after I posted the message and discovered that indeed, it was Germany that got the update!

It's great to hear that Sprint will release 1.4.5.1 with the bug fixes, that's definitely great news!

I do listen to the Palmcast podcast (I can't watch live), so I'm very up to date on most info, so I was taken off guard when I read several postings saying that 'they' had installed 1.4.5.

I have been checking daily myself and I haven't seen much talk about the update lately and was wondering if I missed it for some reason even if I am here everyday!

LOL! Wow, maybe it was my Adderal medication (Ritalin = speed!) and not coffee! LOL!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

6. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    probably..lol....those are my cigs she was smoking in that video lol im surprised she could figure out how to work the phone....she even made phone calls from my phone and i traced the numbers to addresses....and the cops still didnt do anything....lol
    Dude, I'm sorry. I <edited by Mod> hate thieves.

(edit: No, I wasn't "posting around language filter" -- four asterisks was the default censoring returned by Precentral's vBvBvB $config$.)
    Last edited by exi; 07/09/2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: posting around language filter
    next time someone posts as"sprint employee " with info I'm gonna call'em on their bs,as this was total bs. I expected as much. Seeing is believing, all else is speculative/total bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    lol she was not hot lol....heres the link to the video lol

Login | Facebook
    Ok, I hate to hijack this thread about an update that was supposed to happen yesterday, but....

Does anyone know of an app you can use to wipe your phone? While this is quite amusing she was able to post to your Facebook, and if someone were to steal my phone, I would hope they do the same, I would like to prevent them from accessing any of my personal information.
    I think cmilette means you should probably reduce the amount of questions you put in one post, lol, perhaps even consolidate them?
    Quote Originally Posted by leprecub View Post
    I was as disappointed as all of you were. I had removed all of my patches in anticipation. I am a Sprint employee, but not corporate. The Software Updates page on ISC (the portal indirect retailers use) still reflects the 07/07/10 date. I am truly sorry for this information being incorrect, my deepest apologies.
    Relax.. my gf used to be the manager at an associate sprint store.. and the dates were never right... she was told that we would receive the pre plus on xmas??????
    anyways take it easy and relax..
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Ok, I hate to hijack this thread about an update that was supposed to happen yesterday, but....

Does anyone know of an app you can use to wipe your phone? While this is quite amusing she was able to post to your Facebook, and if someone were to steal my phone, I would hope they do the same, I would like to prevent them from accessing any of my personal information.
    This should help you:
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - How to remotely erase your phone
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Thanks! Pretty informative. I may have to try it out, just to see how it works. Not like I have a new update to play with. And to the OP...I'm just giving you a hard time. Looks like Palm/Sprint changed plans at the last minute. No harm done.

Hopefully it'll come out tomorrow night or Saturday during the day. I'm off, and I'll have time to play with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by exi View Post
    Dude, I'm sorry. I <edited by Mod> hate thieves.
    yea i got over it though....they stole alot of crap out of my car....but its all been replaced since then. but thanks
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/09/2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: edited quoted text for language
    Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    next time someone posts as"sprint employee " with info I'm gonna call'em on their bs,as this was total bs. I expected as much. Seeing is believing, all else is speculative/total bs.
    ROFL im a sprint emp and i was going to post info but i dont want BS flung at me so il stay quiet
    Quote Originally Posted by dynastyisp View Post
    ROFL im a sprint emp and i was going to post info but i dont want BS flung at me so il stay quiet
    I call shenanigans.
    Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to see what the update improves!
    chasabi you should try the new kernels. i use the F102/104.
    1.4.5 is only a minor update.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    chasabi you should try the new kernels. i use the F102/104.
    1.4.5 is only a minor update.
    Come again?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Why is this thread no longer on the forum's front page?!
    I did a search for 1.4.5 and it was the first one