Page 38 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888138 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    i wake up at 11:30 am and get ready for work. leave out the house around 1pm. still at 100% battery. i make phone calls, play games, browse the internet and precentral. get on facebook. txt and pictures. i get home around 11pm. im usually around 50% by then..txt and facebook and precentral on the drive home from work..stay up till around 4 or 5am at which im still at about 15% before i go to bed...so i get more then 16 hours out of my battery every day
    that is crazy! Let me ask you, do you stream music? Do you have the uberkernel installed? I feel that ever since I installed the kernel my battery has gone down drastically, of course I clocked it at 800. And streaming music obliterates the battery too!
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    that is crazy! Let me ask you, do you stream music? Do you have the uberkernel installed? I feel that ever since I installed the kernel my battery has gone down drastically, of course I clocked it at 800. And streaming music obliterates the battery too!
    i do use uberkernal and i do steam music and use my zumodrive app for my music and pix
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    i wake up at 11:30 am and get ready for work. leave out the house around 1pm. still at 100% battery. i make phone calls, play games, browse the internet and precentral. get on facebook. txt and pictures. i get home around 11pm. im usually around 50% by then..txt and facebook and precentral on the drive home from work..stay up till around 4 or 5am at which im still at about 15% before i go to bed...so i get more then 16 hours out of my battery every day
    Hey man, That's amazing you get that kind of battery life. I've tried buying new batteries. I've tried 3 different Pre's (All from Sprint for other reasons) and I've tired NO homebrew patches of any kind, and I still got 3 1/2 hours of battery life. Like I said, That's great you don't have a battery problem, but I KNOW I have one.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    sounds like you got a lucky battery my friend! I even have the extended!
    my phone is also a refurb. my launch day pre was stolen when some people broke into my car while i was at the bar. the girl who stole my phone even took a video of her self on my phone and uploaded it to my facebook....and the cops still didnt do anything....DAMN U SAINT LOUIS CITY COPS lol
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    my phone is also a refurb. my launch day pre was stolen when some people broke into my car while i was at the bar. the girl who stole my phone even took a video of her self on my phone and uploaded it to my facebook....and the cops still didnt do anything....DAMN U SAINT LOUIS CITY COPS lol
    hopefully she was hot!
    Ok..Im sorry, but I find this very very hard to believe if you are running a stock battery.
    where the hell is this update? i know it doesnt bring much but put it up already!!!!!!!!!!
    W...T...Fudge...
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    hopefully she was hot!
    lol she was not hot lol....heres the link to the video lol

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=387921956897
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    W...T...Fudge...
    If he's not using an extended battery, then, that's not true at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Ok..Im sorry, but I find this very very hard to believe if you are running a stock battery.
    im not sure how to prove it to u...maybe if we had something like the battery usage thing like android does....
    The Pre's battery life is nothing to brag about, but it gets the job done for me, most of the time.

I have a stock battery, Uberkernel 800/500, patched (not that much, though), and I get similar battery performance. I don't know about the 3D games and streaming music (I don't stream, but I do a little gaming).

My screen is on and off all day. I text alot, have a couple calls throughout the day, check facebook often. The phone leaves its trusty touchstone at ~7:30AM and returns around midnight every night. Occasionally the overnight charge is delayed until about 2AM. Those late nights can be a race to the charger to keep it from shutting down. I don't plug it in at all during the day.

On normal/early nights, the battery will still have ~20% charge left, and I'll play a 3D game (love battleship) until it runs down below 10%, which really doesn't take the long.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    Hey man, That's amazing you get that kind of battery life. I've tried buying new batteries. I've tried 3 different Pre's (All from Sprint for other reasons) and I've tired NO homebrew patches of any kind, and I still got 3 1/2 hours of battery life. Like I said, That's great you don't have a battery problem, but I KNOW I have one.
    What are you doing to only get 3 1/2 hours of battery life. I am not saying my batt life is as good as some, but I pull my phone of the charger at 6ish am, by 10 the worst I can usually do is probably 55 to 60 percent. This included streaming/downloading podcasts, checking weather, reading the news, maybe some web browsing, texting, facebook pulling every 20 minutes I believe (and I am running both FB and FB beta). I am also patched up and running a theme, UK, and run govnah in the background quite a bit just to keep an eye on CPU temp for my own info since I have had a few batt temp warnings before I ever ran UK.

I can also tell you what I don't do, I don't tweet at all or run twitter clients. I do find (not saying this is your case), but the cats that run twitter clients see horrible battery life even compared to my daily morning use.
    I se tweetme for twitter and have it set to check for new tweets only when I open it.. I get excellent battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    where the hell is this update? i know it doesnt bring much but put it up already!!!!!!!!!!
    I have stopped using themes for the past week. I am done waiting ,i putting my theme back in.
    lol she was not hot lol....heres the link to the video lol

Login | Facebook
    LOL! I bet she thought she was uploading to her own facebook when she uploaded this. Am I right?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    In my experience, the main non-usage related factor in battery life is the signal strength. If I have five bars, then the battery will last all day even with heavy usage. If I have one bar, then I only get a couple of hours even on standby.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    LOL! I bet she thought she was uploading to her own facebook when she uploaded this. Am I right?
    probably..lol....those are my cigs she was smoking in that video lol im surprised she could figure out how to work the phone....she even made phone calls from my phone and i traced the numbers to addresses....and the cops still didnt do anything....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by vcato View Post
    In my experience, the main non-usage related factor in battery life is the signal strength. If I have five bars, then the battery will last all day even with heavy usage. If I have one bar, then I only get a couple of hours even on standby.
    I completely agree. I have been using the F105 for about a week now and I have also noticed that if I am in a bad-reception area, changing the minimum frequency on the screenstate governor to 500MHz increases battery life as opposed to if I leave it at 125MHz. Conversely, when I am in an area with good reception, I can leave the minimum frequency at 125MHz and get amazing battery life. I'm not sure why this is true, but I suspect it has something to do with what someone called "the race to idle" somewhere earlier in this same thread...