Page 37 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkenedreality View Post
    bull crap ?
    Thank you so much for enlightening us. We really had no clue what it meant.
    It's amazing how many calls have come into Palm about the update not launching today, when Palm has never stated today would be the day the update would launch...

It just constantly reminds me while when possible Palm deters away from setting dates in stone and announcing them publicly.

I'm pretty sure if a date was announced officially by Palm, there would be a stoning if things got delayed, whether because of a glitch, a bug that was found to be needing to be fixed, or post acquisition things still being worked out...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's amazing how many calls have come into Palm about the update not launching today, when Palm has never stated today would be the day the update would launch...

It just constantly reminds me while when possible Palm deters away from setting dates in stone and announcing them publicly.

I'm pretty sure if a date was announced officially by Palm, there would be a stoning if things got delayed, whether because of a glitch, a bug that was found to be needing to be fixed, or post acquisition things still being worked out...
    today? it was suppose to have lurch yesterday

And the community said "Amen".
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    where is the update? When is it coming?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    also when I click on updates it shows available app updates which it never did before it used to say that my phone was up to date, that is gone now. Help me......
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    LOL! I wish my screen said that. Whenever I hit update, I get the same stupid page that says "Application Updates Available" when none are actually requiring an update.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgenco View Post
    also when I click on updates it shows available app updates which it never did before it used to say that my phone was up to date, that is gone now. Help me......
    well...are ur apps up to date? lol if they are then message HardBeatZ .....he helped me out with that problem.
    well...are ur apps up to date? lol if they are then message HardBeatZ .....he helped me out with that problem.
    Make sure when you do send me your palm profile email address. I can then look up in our system what apps you have previously installed to the device that are not on the latest version.

You can then redownload those apps and doing so will give you the latest version, after that you can delete them again if you so desire.

This is all well in good as long as the app is still available, if the app is no longer available in the app catalog, there isn't anything I can do for you beyond that.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

AS Always they miss the rumored date why even post this crap no one wouled get there hopes up this way....

Bull?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

Just the fact that it has taken 4+ months and still counting to release another update amidst a fierce smartphone market of quickly progressing operating systems and devices is enough reason to complain!!
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    Just the fact that it has taken 4+ months and still counting to release another update amidst a fierce smartphone market of quickly progressing operating systems and devices is enough reason to complain!!
    I never stated anything negative about complaining..complain till your blue in the face, to your hearts desire..maybe it will make a difference...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

I know that this is just going to open another can of worms but, I'm not angry with Palm for not getting the update out on a rumored date. I am angry with Palm because this update should have come out months ago, and more should have come after it. Why? Because webOS is AMAZING, when it works and isn't freezing up or shuttering GUI 24/7. The battery life is awful, my phone stays on for 4 to 5 hours AT BEST, then dies.

Sigh... Just, I'll stop right here and say, The OS needs massive improvements, and it needs improvements 3 months ago, not slow updates that barely fix anything. And with 1.4, made the phone worse in some cases. I mean, hell yeah for video recording that should have been included in the OS on launch day, I was happy to get it but I mean come on. To say "The iPhone took 2 years to get these features!" is no excuse for Palm because since the iPhone had these features when the Pre launched, Palm should have had their features ready on launch date, or delay the phone.

Also, the other constant reply I see on this forum is "If you hate your phone so much, why don't you just get a different phone?", easy answer. Money and contracts. I'm not going to just buy another phone full price because I just upgraded my contract to get the Pre. And I cannot switch to AT&T or Verizon because of my contract as well.

Now, proceed to lash out against my post.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    I'll admit updates are not coming at the speed they once did when the device launched, but come on, updates are still coming out, more often than not faster and in larger quantities than any other company puts out..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    I know that this is just going to open another can of worms but, I'm not angry with Palm for not getting the update out on a rumored date. I am angry with Palm because this update should have come out months ago, and more should have come after it. Why? Because webOS is AMAZING, when it works and isn't freezing up or shuttering GUI 24/7. The battery life is awful, my phone stays on for 4 to 5 hours AT BEST, then dies.

Sigh... Just, I'll stop right here and say, The OS needs massive improvements, and it needs improvements 3 months ago, not slow updates that barely fix anything. And with 1.4, made the phone worse in some cases. I mean, hell yeah for video recording that should have been included in the OS on launch day, I was happy to get it but I mean come on. To say "The iPhone took 2 years to get these features!" is no excuse for Palm because since the iPhone had these features when the Pre launched, Palm should have had their features ready on launch date, or delay the phone.

Also, the other constant reply I see on this forum is "If you hate your phone so much, why don't you just get a different phone?", easy answer. Money and contracts. I'm not going to just buy another phone full price because I just upgraded my contract to get the Pre. And I cannot switch to AT&T or Verizon because of my contract as well.

+1 my friend ... you hit the nail on the head on every cylinder!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post

i havent had a single problem with my phone....its over clocked to 800MHz. its patched like crazy. i get at least 16 hours out of my battery a day. im always on my phone. i have the stock battery.....

maybe you're just holding it wrong...lol
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    i havent had a single problem with my phone....its over clocked to 800MHz. its patched like crazy. i get at least 16 hours out of my battery a day. im always on my phone. i have the stock battery.....

maybe you're just holding it wrong...lol
    How in god's holy name do you get 16 hrs!!?? Do you even use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    How in god's holy name do you get 16 hrs!!?? Do you even use it?
    i wake up at 11:30 am and get ready for work. leave out the house around 1pm. still at 100% battery. i make phone calls, play games, browse the internet and precentral. get on facebook. txt and pictures. i get home around 11pm. im usually around 50% by then..txt and facebook and precentral on the drive home from work..stay up till around 4 or 5am at which im still at about 15% before i go to bed...so i get more then 16 hours out of my battery every day