Page 36 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Today is Thursday, 7/8/2010 and I just tried to update manually but did not get any 1.4.5 or 1.4.5.1. Does anyone have any additional info? Thanks.
    Ummm... read the thread?

The update hasn't come out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Today is Thursday, 7/8/2010 and I just tried to update manually but did not get any 1.4.5 or 1.4.5.1. Does anyone have any additional info? Thanks.
    Its not out, theres no information on a release date, except the last info to be posted was on the palm dev forums where unwiredben stated that the devs were still working on a fix for the OTA update issue on the 6th. Keep in mind, that this may mean carriers will need to retest once the update has been passed to them. So honestly I don't expect to see the update and wouldn't be surpised if the pdk contest gets pushed back again.
    Quote Originally Posted by z31dude View Post
    Ummm... read the thread?

The update hasn't come out yet.
    Yeah, but it is so much easier to go to the end of a six page thread and say "Hey, I don't have time to read this thread, can someone please summarize it for me?".

Time for my question now.... What?!?! I didn't hear there was an update coming out, what is that all about?
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    I think, they find some problems with the O2/GSM 1.4.5 Update. Read this thread :
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...mes-crash.html
    It's an easy to fix error, but maybe needs a new build of the 1.4.5 Update pushed to Sprint,AT&T and Verizon

This may cause the delay !
    In regards to the OTA update issue that was found after the O2 release was pushed, as of the last post in the thread discussing this on the dev forums....

"This was a holiday weekend in the US, so most of our engineers are just getting back today. We're looking into the problem, but there are no announcements yet."

This was posted in the afternoon of July 6th from Ben of Palm Developer Relations. So one would guess, they don't have the fix just yet or are still testing the fix before pushing another version to Sprint/VZW/ATT/etc. Also a valid expectation would be that once the fix is done, we will see a .1 update to O2 before any other carrier is able to push the new version. It only makes since that they would push the fix to the O2 phones before attempting to push a fixed version of the new OS version to all these other carriers.

Hopefully it will only take a few days and we can see this push to fix the API's for downloading pod casts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckert21 View Post
    Hey everyone, I am going to fix this. I just put Kernels, non-AUPT patches, and theme back on my phone. That means 1.4.5.1 will be available in the next 15 min!!........ Hey I know it's happened to more than one of us. please make sure to thank me!
    LOL should I thank you now or wait 'til the update comes out?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hahaha! Just figures I'd lighten things up a bit!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    FIGURED!........ Auto correct is a thread all on it's own !! Hahaha!
    Im so tired of waiting, I love my palm pre but I'm tired of waiting for updates that have been made but yet to come to sprint. I remember reading earlier in the week a posting of the update was supposed to come on 07/07/10 but i havn't seen it yet. This phone I believe can be one of the best phones out there, but it seems to me that people are not putting their all into their own product. Also where the hell is flash at, lets get it together people. One last note bigger isn't better i love the size of pre if a phone is too big it might be nice but, since cell phones first came out they were big and now smaller but some phones have come out that are huge and not something ideal to put in your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carr View Post
    The lack of maturity of some members on this forum is disconcerting. ...
    Sorry, no offense, but I can't help but see the glaring humorous irony in this quote coming from a guy who's avatar is an elf with a hankie hanging out of his nose...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, no offense, but I can't help but see the glaring humorous irony in this quote coming from a guy who's avatar is an elf with a hankie hanging out of his nose...

Guess we need new hardware or a guy on vacation on Easter Island getting version 1.5 pushed to his Pre...
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    UPDATE! READ THIS:

Ya, it's still not here.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    UPDATE! READ THIS:

Ya, it's still not here.
    (groan....)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    It's here!!!!!