Page 34 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leprecub View Post
    Yeah, I also just tried contacting Palm. I had a remarkably rude Palm Agent. But he knows nothing.

Forgive me if I'm missing something here but aren't you the OP? The Sprint Employee who provided this little nugget of bad intel?

Why would you need to contact Palm about the release of this update?
    WebOS is already set to work with Adobe Flash. It was a feature added to WebOS several versions ago.

It is Adobe that has dropped the ball, not yet releasing Mobile Flash for WebOS. Hopefully one day soon Adobe will release it and my understanding is that it will be something that you download from the App catalog.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Ummm it's the 8th Sprint Employee =/
    So, if the release date is wrong, I guess that could mean the things being changed in this next version are wrong too.
    I was actually kind of expecting it to come out.. guess that's what I get for believing a rumor.
    So what, us Verizon guys probably have to add 2 months the Sprint release date to get ours, right?
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    WebOS is already set to work with Adobe Flash. It was a feature added to WebOS several versions ago.

It is Adobe that has dropped the ball, not yet releasing Mobile Flash for WebOS. Hopefully one day soon Adobe will release it and my understanding is that it will be something that you download from the App catalog.
    Adobe has released the app to the carriers, so while you are right with the 'you will have to download it from the catalogue' it is now in Palm/Sprint's hands to tweak it to be released.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I have a Palm Pre and it is the best phone ive ever had, im actually logging this from my Pre now! What i wanted 2 ask is; when will WebOs 1.4.5 be deployed to O2 UK users? Mine still hasn't updated! Also, where is the other updates? My last one was 1.4.1 now it has jumped to 1.4.5! Have i missed some?
    Quote Originally Posted by leprecub View Post
    Yeah, I also just tried contacting Palm. I had a remarkably rude Palm Agent. But he knows nothing.

Sorry, but I have to call complete B.S. on this whole thread. If you were a Sprint employee you would know that the ball is in "your" court, not Palm's.

Why would you try calling Palm? If the update was to be released and it wasn't, you would NOT call Palm, you would call.....yourself!!

Bogus. Never trust a guy/gal who says "I work for Sprint and here is some juicy 'inside' data", you will be forever added to my troll list.

Had you simply said, "Wow, I guess something happened and it couldn't be released today" that would be one thing, but to say "I tried to call Palm too" is completely another...
    Waiting....
    I don't know why I get my hopes up, if anything I should be excited about the 15th.
  12. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    bs
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I don't know why I get my hopes up, if anything I should be excited about the 15th.

why the 15th?
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    why the 15th?
    Isn't that when the pdk app contest starts? That means a influx of pdk apps will flood through the gates. PDK apps means more advanced applications.
    You've not missed any, 1.4.5 is the next update,
    and the reason you can't find it,is that it's not been released OTA in UK just yet,
    but! Chilax,enjoy your pre and you won't miss it when it is released, just keep using pre central.
    Last edited by 5 sisters; 07/08/2010 at 09:53 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Isn't that when the pdk app contest starts? That means a influx of pdk apps will flood through the gates. PDK apps means more advanced applications.
    ooh thats right. i forgot all about it.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    ooh thats right. i forgot all about it.

thanks
    Yeah and palm has stated, even thoe the update to allow the pdk's to be run on a users phone will be out. PDK apps won't be seen in the app catalog untill that date, unless the publisher specifically requests early release.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    So what, us Verizon guys probably have to add 2 months the Sprint release date to get ours, right?
    Either that, or vice-versa. It's 7:37AM here in New Mexico on July 8th and still....no update. So much for the July 7th release? Guess it's time to stop checking the updates app and just wait for the PreCentral news post.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    my bet is they are rebranding themselves to HP
    They would have done that worldwide.
    I already installed 1.4.5 on my GSM, and there's no sign of HP.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Since it is just small udpate as has been posted over and over, how bout we all stop crying about it being another day later and just wait for the post confirming it's available?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool