Page 32 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dynastyisp View Post
    can we get a post on the main site when the sprint update becomes available? Thanks
    There's always a post on the main site when the update hits. Usually within minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    that pretty much puts it to bed i guess >_>...so most likely nothing tonight probably :P
    but they still have 5 more hours here in Hawaii till 12 am. and we are part of the US so who knows !! jk...the last update(1.4) hit like at 9pm Hawaii time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jraw23 View Post
    Whenever 1.4 was released someone posted a chat log with a palm agent a few hours before the update and they said the same thing. I believe that 1.4 was released sometime around 1:30 am ET if I remember correctly.

I can understand the amount of excitement that surrounded that update since it brought the camcorder function, but this update doesn't really have anything extremely exciting. Personally, I am really excited for the update after this one and I hope it brings access to all the API's they talked about.
    some ppl want to just get the update overwith and outta the way..
    got another time zone or 2 to go with this rumor
    Whenever 1.4 was released someone posted a chat log with a palm agent a few hours before the update and they said the same thing. I believe that 1.4 was released sometime around 1:30 am ET if I remember correctly.

I can understand the amount of excitement that surrounded that update since it brought the camcorder function, but this update doesn't really have anything extremely exciting. Personally, I am really excited for the update after this one and I hope it brings access to all the API's they talked about.
    I'm just excited about putting my patches back on. I took everything off two days ago and decided to just start off with a clean slate when 1.4.5.1 comes out.
    1.4.5 is in my pocket. Reach in and grab it!
    As soon as the update hits, many users always hit the TIP link on the front page to let the site know the news. As UndeadCircus said, this usually happens within minutes of the release hitting.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    I'm just excited about putting my patches back on. I took everything off two days ago and decided to just start off with a clean slate when 1.4.5.1 comes out.
    Haha, I know how you feel. I had my pre replaced and the "stock" pre they sent me was defective and I didn't feel like taking the time to install all my patches on a phone I had for a few days. It was really strange to use a "stock" pre
    Haha, I know how you feel. I had my pre replaced and the "stock" pre they sent me was defective and I didn't feel like taking the time to install all my patches on a phone I had for a few days. It was really strange to use a "stock" pre
    No kidding, I keep waiting for my quick launch bar to hide whenever I open my launcher. And I just don't have the desire to go through all the menus to adjust the brightness. Hopefully this will give me something fun to play with before work tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Not to start a huge debate (I will say I love Apple, but since they're not on Sprint, Palm is my choice), but Apple has 7 devices (iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3G S, iPhone 4, iPad Wi-Fi, iPad 3G, iPod Touch) and they're on many different carriers all over the world. That seems like it's not cake for them to put out an update.
    I think apple likes to announce their updates because, just like everything else, they like to flaunt it. And pretend like what they have is the best. like the new ios4 or ios3 i dont know which one they're at now they announce so many of them. but whichever the newest one is, they keep stating it has multitasking functionality, well if you read the fine print its only for certain applications and 3rd party applications written for the new os. apple is just ********... PALM FTW

in all seriousness though, wheres my update. i'm tired of waiting.
    Soon, very soon it will be time to release the Kraken!
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post

Holy crap, that's funny!
    Palm + Sprint: I'm giving 'er all she's got captain!
    Doesn't Apple update their phones without really AT&T's permission because they do it via iTunes rather than OTA? Or does AT&T have to approve it as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    Doesn't Apple update their phones without really AT&T's permission because they do it via iTunes rather than OTA? Or does AT&T have to approve it as well?
    they do it via itunes so at&t doesn't hold them up.
  16. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    Would imagine that AT&T has some testing oversight, but I don't really know.
    its 11pm and i think i just saw a tumble weed go by.........
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    they do it via itunes so at&t doesn't hold them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by exi View Post
    Would imagine that AT&T has some testing oversight, but I don't really know.
    I don't really think they do, since the iPod touch always gets the release at the same time. I really think Palm should have taken this approach, giving us the OTA option, but a desktop manager for the power users.
    By the time carriers announce the arrival of the webOS 1.4.5 update for the rest of us, HP will probably announce the next major update to webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    1.4.5 is in my pocket. Reach in and grab it!
    lol epic!

the word for word reason why my friend didn't get a pixi... '' is that a pixi in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me''