Page 31 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181131 ... LastLast
    ill give it till 9-10pm tonight since I live where the time is 3 hours behind that of PST and any later will be 7/8/10 for the rest of the US :P...if i dont see it till then I call BS on the TC. Got my hopes up for nothing .
    Last edited by shoichikun808; 07/07/2010 at 10:11 PM.
    I cleaned up my patches in case, but I'll put em back if no update by late tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    I cleaned up my patches in case, but I'll put em back if no update by late tonight.
    I actually got rid of all of mine (separate issue) but decided to wait until after the update to put them back. My goodness this phone is not as fun just out of the box.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    23 min.
    Quote Originally Posted by randolphslim View Post
    23 min.
    You meant 3 hrs 23 min. Palm's on west coast time.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    last update landed here in new york around 1:45 am... about 2 more hour will see.
    Sprint doesn't always do what they say they'll do. As far as updates go. :P

I'm still confident it'll come. No worries if it doesn't though.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    I think it would be better if they managed the expectations by announcing that the update will come one day later than the actual release. Then everyone would be happy and excited that it came "early".
    What would be good is if they just did what other companies do and make the announcements official. A new update is coming on xx.xx with hp, now they can make promises like that. it also seems to market the fact that the platform is updated consistantly. Look at apple, they make sure every update is known, not just the big ones, I believe when 3.1 came out it was announced, though not nearly as big, before it was released (not sure can't remember but pretty sure ) anyway if anything, emails to users would still be nice.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Well, I'm going to sleep and will open the update present in the morning, if Santa (Sprint) comes through.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    What would be good is if they just did what other companies do and make the announcements official. A new update is coming on xx.xx with hp, now they can make promises like that. it also seems to market the fact that the platform is updated consistantly. Look at apple, they make sure every update is known, not just the big ones, I believe when 3.1 came out it was announced, though not nearly as big, before it was released (not sure can't remember but pretty sure ) anyway if anything, emails to users would still be nice.
    Keep in mind - Apple has a couple of devices on a single network to worry about. Palm has 4 devices on 3 networks - with each network provider having their own criterion for releasing an update. Look at the wide variance in Android versions across the board.

Then again, "they" could mean Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T in your post and I'm suffering from id10T
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    I think I'm going to leave my theme and f105 kernel enabled just to see how it goes.
    The kernel is prolly no a big deal and you will most likely be fine, but if you leave your theme on, you will 100% need to doctor your phone.. Just lettin ya know..
    ...book's here!

Quote Originally Posted by JCTWeb View Post
    Keep in mind - Apple has a couple of devices on a single network to worry about. Palm has 4 devices on 3 networks - with each network provider having their own criterion for releasing an update. Look at the wide variance in Android versions across the board.

Then again, "they" could mean Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T in your post and I'm suffering from id10T
    Not to start a huge debate (I will say I love Apple, but since they're not on Sprint, Palm is my choice), but Apple has 7 devices (iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3G S, iPhone 4, iPad Wi-Fi, iPad 3G, iPod Touch) and they're on many different carriers all over the world. That seems like it's not cake for them to put out an update.
    that doesn't sound too promising...
    can we get a post on the main site when the sprint update becomes available? Thanks
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    Whenever 1.4 was released someone posted a chat log with a palm agent a few hours before the update and they said the same thing. I believe that 1.4 was released sometime around 1:30 am ET if I remember correctly.

I can understand the amount of excitement that surrounded that update since it brought the camcorder function, but this update doesn't really have anything extremely exciting. Personally, I am really excited for the update after this one and I hope it brings access to all the API's they talked about.
    where is the update??? Some might start thinking that it will now be delayed a few more days, weeks, months... Ugh...