Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
    I just received this email 1 minute ago... not kidding about 1 minute xD

webOS™ Update Coming Soon - Prepare to Test Your Apps

The next version of webOS is coming soon.

You will receive an email alert in early May announcing the availability of an SDK release candidate. Please be prepared to begin testing your apps right away.

Because the scope of the changes in this update is limited, we won't be going through a full SDK beta cycle:

* You will have approximately one week to report show-stopper bugs in webOS before it is released to carriers.
    * Once the build has been released to carriers, you will have another 2-3 weeks to address app-level bugs before the update lands on consumer devices.

It is especially important to test PDK apps against this release candidate. Developers of non-PDK apps should also test their apps to catch any unanticipated issues.
    According to an email I just got from Palm Developer Relations:

------

You will receive an email alert in early May announcing the availability of an SDK release candidate. Please be prepared to begin testing your apps right away.

Because the scope of the changes in this update is limited, we won't be going through a full SDK beta cycle:

* You will have approximately one week to report show-stopper bugs in webOS before it is released to carriers.
    * Once the build has been released to carriers, you will have another 2-3 weeks to address app-level bugs before the update lands on consumer devices.

It is especially important to test PDK apps against this release candidate. Developers of non-PDK apps should also test their apps to catch any unanticipated issues.
    ------

Woohoo!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I just got this email from Palm so I guess we can probably expect to see WebOS 1.5 (or so) come June!

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I also got this, perhaps 2 minutes ago
    Hey all. I just received this email from palm:

Any idea what changes and updates will becoming with the update?
    Does this include Verizon users?
    1.4.1.1.?
    I just got this too, interesting
    .......and so the countdown begins...
    I smell more pdk apps
    I just got this too. Wonder what changes will be included. Sounds like PDK apps can be submitted with this update, but probably not many other changes
    no idea. Maybe flash
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I;m guessing this will allow for the PDK/SDK hybrid apps. At least I hope that's what it means. We are supposed to start seeing those in June I believe.
    1.4.1.?
    Since it says limited scope of changes I imagine mainly bug fixes.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    yea I guess the 5 other threads got this about 1 minute ago including myself! lol
    are you guys/girls all developers?
    1.4.1.?
    I think this will be an interesting version, what about Mic & Camera API??? Maybe a Qik preview app for WebOS??? that would be nice :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    I smell more pdk apps
    Heh-
    For a second i thought you said you smell more "pork chops", lol.