Page 29 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979129 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post
    I think we have a winner. . . .the first person to ever use the word "onomatopoeiafy" in a blog post

I think we're all getting punchy ....tired of seeing "Your phone is up to date. Palm WebOS 1.4.1.1 . . . "

D
    haha! I'm finally a winner! Lol. And yes vuvuzela is a funny name for an annoying trumpet lol.

I know Sprint has been rumored to get the update today, but I'm starting to think I unthemed and underclocked (1ghz is the norm now) my phone for nothing! Gah!

although I'm still pretty excited about the influx of PDK apps from the iPhone. My dad has an iPad... Oh man they they have so many useless but fun to have apps lol.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I'm experimenting with this update: I'm not going to manually update my OS and see how long it takes before it gets pushed to my device. I've always been curious what the experience is for the average pre user who isn't staying on top of updates like us on this site.

Edit: oooohhh my 100th post. I'd like to thank all the little people for making this possible.
    Last edited by danib62; 07/07/2010 at 04:38 PM.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    I'm experimenting with this update: I'm not going to manually update my OS and see how long it takes before it gets pushed to my device. I've always been curious what the experience is for the average pre user who isn't staying on top of updates like us on this site.

Edit: oooohhh my 100th post. I'd like to thank all the little people for making this possible.
    Updates are pushed out to periodic groups of devices (so the server isn't overflooded with everyone updating at the exact same time. Once your device gets into a group that gets the update, webOS will check for a Wi-Fi connection for the next two days, once a wireless connection is established the update is pushed to your phone and you receive a background notification (similar to an SMS).

If a wireless connection is not found in two days the update process is started over the carrier data network (unless you are roaming, updates are not downloaded while roaming even if you have the enable data while roaming set) After that normal download process proceeds, so everyone could theoretically have the update about two weeks prior to you receiving the update.

--HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    WebOSroundup.com is reporting that the wIRC app from Webos Internals is the first hybrid app.

I posted a comment there that reads:

I thought hybrid mojo/pdk apps were not going to be enabled until a much later WebOS release date.

(1) Does this app use a creative hack -or-
    (2) Is Palm surprising us with an earlier than expected support for hybrid apps with 1.4.5 (and 1.4.5.1)?

source: webOS News | The first Hybrid webOS App | webOSroundup
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I have my doubts this is authentic. As I have with my own findings and others findings...
    Hahaha, I love being right. You know, anyone can come on PreCentral and say they are a Sprint Rep or other network Rep and say there is an Update or the Pre was in the Bible.

Cali 5pm and NOTHING AS EXPECTED.

Once 7/7/10 passes everyone should UNTHANK this guy.
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/07/2010 at 06:56 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Is there going to be some aggregate list of patches that do and don't work post-update?
    The day isn't over until midnight. As I recall, most (if not all) of the updates were released at night, after peak hours.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    So is there any known difference between 1.4.5 and 1.4.5.1?
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    WebOSroundup.com is reporting that the wIRC app from Webos Internals is the first hybrid app.

I posted a comment there that reads:

I thought hybrid mojo/pdk apps were not going to be enabled until a much later WebOS release date.

(1) Does this app use a creative hack -or-
    (2) Is Palm surprising us with an earlier than expected support for hybrid apps with 1.4.5 (and 1.4.5.1)?

source: webOS News | The first Hybrid webOS App | webOSroundup

Direct quote from Rod:

"1.4.5 for Pre has hybrid support. It’s not accepted for app catalog yet.The WebOS Internals developers for wIRC (taken from the help screen) are:Eric Gaudet, Developer
    Ryan Hope, Lead Plugin Developer
    Brandon VanBelle, Lead Client Developer

– Rod"
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  10. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dba0077 View Post
    The day isn't over until midnight. As I recall, most (if not all) of the updates were released at night, after peak hours.
    This.

What I don't remember: did Palm make the updated doctor install available the same evening the update went live in the past?

Actually wanting to try returning to stock, but I'd like to avoid doc'ing my phone now and then updating -- may as well doctor it to 1.4.5(.1) if possible.
    Still no update, but at least that earthquake is keeping things interesting. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by exi View Post
    This.

What I don't remember: did Palm make the updated doctor install available the same evening the update went live in the past?

Actually wanting to try returning to stock, but I'd like to avoid doc'ing my phone now and then updating -- may as well doctor it to 1.4.5(.1) if possible.
    No, it has generally taken a few days for the doctor to be released.
    screwdestiny
    PSN • Twitter • Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by dba0077 View Post
    I agree I think I will even give him until 6 AM tomorrow before I call him out. IE6 post from page 2 anyone, Sprint has some technology problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithnet View Post
    Still no update, but at least that earthquake is keeping things interesting. ;-)
    Yeh, that was fun. What update?
    I think I'm going to leave my theme and f105 kernel enabled just to see how it goes.
    Getting my fire and pitchfork ready for some action! You'll see what happens when you raise my hope with promises and I get nothing! :-O
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    I think I'm going to leave my theme and f105 kernel enabled just to see how it goes.
    Yeh, that's the 2010 version of living dangerously.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    You are a hero. I leave my UK on also.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Going to leave the F102A kernal on mine for the update.