Page 28 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
    What exactly is in this patch that makes people anxious to get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    What tweet was that?
    I am not able to locate it right now, but I did see it. Also sprint's release history has been in the PM hours.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Mkay, quick question, don't these updates usually come in the afternoon?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    just an FYI there is a big difference between a OS firmware update and a patch.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    Mkay, quick question, don't these updates usually come in the afternoon?

last time I got it in the middle of the night.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    IS it out yet?!

Even though I know its not that big of an update, i just wanna get it over it! I miss my F105 too much and my theme! GAH!

Also, unrelated but, GERMANY!!!!! PUnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (trying to onomatopoeiafy the vuvuzela sound) This game is probably going to be more interesting than the Final lol
    Last edited by Shaikh; 07/07/2010 at 12:32 PM.
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    IS it out yet?!

Even though I know its that big of an update, i just wanna get it over it! I miss my F105 too much and my theme! GAH!

Also, unrelated but, GERMANY!!!!! PUnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (trying to onomatopoeiafy the vuvuzela sound) This game is probably going to be more interesting than the Final lol

I think we have a winner. . . .the first person to ever use the word "onomatopoeiafy" in a blog post

I think we're all getting punchy ....tired of seeing "Your phone is up to date. Palm WebOS 1.4.1.1 . . . "

D
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post
    I think we have a winner. . . .the first person to ever use the word "onomatopoeiafy" in a blog post
    My wife was getting onomatopoeiafy this morning...I had to smack that ***** and put her in her place!

lol

jk...I wanted to be the *third* person to use that word..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Still nothing in California. And looks like still no fix for the P.O.C. calendar.... Also: no signal means no GPS=no sprintnav or google maps where you need it the most (in the boonies).
    No cell phone has the power to accomodate a full GPS chip. They all use aGPS. If you are typically going to be in the boonies and need directions, I would get a full blown GPS.
    I'm a new pre plus owner on Verizon. I've been installing patches like crazy and loving it. It sounds like you guys are uninstalling all your patches before the update. Is that what most of you would recommend? Yeah, I know about the other thread where particular patches are named as needing to be removed, but is it safer to just remove them all, update and then re-apply all patches? Or is that unnecesary? I am also using the UberKernel with Govnah.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoishere View Post
    I'm a new pre plus owner on Verizon. I've been installing patches like crazy and loving it. It sounds like you guys are uninstalling all your patche s before the update. Is that what most of you would recommend? Yeah, I know about the other thread where particular patches are named as needing to be removed, but is it safer to just remove them all, update and then re-apply all patches? Or is that unnecesary? I am also using the UberKernel with Govnah.

thanks.
    I have been threw 2 updates without removing my patches and I have had not one issue. Uber / govnah do not need to be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have been threw 2 updates without removing my patches and I have had not one issue. Uber / govnah do not need to be removed.
    there were many people who went into a panic last update because all there patches were not working after the update. Many ran right to the doctor because they swear leaving patches in was a mistake,when all it was ,was the patches were not updated yet. For what it's worth.
    Nothing in CO yet but I'm going to wait until the kernels and patches are updated.
    Excellent, I've been waiting for this. I'm going to take a change and leave my phone OCd.. Let's see what happens.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The anaticipation that a bug they have been complaining about for months is actually going to be fixed ---- just to find out that it wasn't.
    Nothing in DC Metro Area thus far... Personally, I just want to get the update process over with so I can get back to loving my phone.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    nothing
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    No cell phone has the power to accomodate a full GPS chip. They all use aGPS. If you are typically going to be in the boonies and need directions, I would get a full blown GPS.
    aGPS incorporates a 'full GPS' chip. It just uses cell tower data to give it a ballpark location so it knows where to look for the GPS constellation until a true GPS fix is achieved (also gives the user a general location as well until the GPS lock is achieved).

Look it up. There's so much misinformation about the difference between aGPS and 'full GPS'. There really needs to be a sticky post somewhere explaining how aGPS works.

AGPS – not a real GPS? zen online journal
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post

I think we're all getting punchy ....tired of seeing "Your phone is up to date. Palm WebOS 1.4.1.1 . . . "

D
    I was more impressed with "PUnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn", and why is it that "vuvuzela" sounds like 6th grader trying to pronounce a female body part he read about?