Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
    woooow I still sit here n can't believe what I read...ppl complaint about not having anything but when they have it complaint about wanting more I guess human nature although the majority of us are happy wit this updated...im very happy GO GET ANOTHER PHONE BRO!!!!
    My battery life is horrible now after the 1.4 OS update. It drops from 100% when remvoed from the charger to 80% in 45 minutes. I never had that issue wit 1.3.5. The "Sorry, Too Many Cards" issue drives me crazy. When I'm playing a game, if I receive a phone call or a text, the phone closes the game out with a message saying "Application Error." Thats anytime I play a game. So how can I multitask on the Pre, if the phone lacks the memory to allow multitasking abilities? Multitasking is the reason I bought the Pre, and preferred it over any other phone. 1.4 OS update did not solve or help with memory leaks and battery life issues. I appreciate the new call log and video recording, but if Verizon wasn't so expensive, I would leave Sprint for the Pre Plus because I only like the Palm Pre phones, so far.
    Funny how so many people jump on anyone saying there is something wrong since 1.4, saying there must be something wrong with their phone only, that most are not having troubles and making personal attacks. The forum is full of people dissatisfied with latest update, so maybe there is more to it.
    I notice my battery life has improved since 1.4 when im NOT on Wifi...

however now when I'm on Wifi it seems my battery life drains VERY fast, yesterday I got home with my battery at 80%, when I checked my phone two hours later it was at 50%...and thats with no use from me...

Very strange...

I doctored my phone with the 1.4 doctor...so it's not anything lingering from the past...

those people who are noticing battery issues, do you guys mostly use Wifi? if so try without WiFi and see if that helps..
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    The lack of maturity of some members on this forum is disconcerting. Take a trip to the Doctor, the majority have had no problems with the update, the rest can be solved via patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    So what did we learn from this thread kiddies?

Well, let's take a look...

1. Bipolar himself, personally isn't happy with his video recording feature. Hey bi, the flip mino, flip mino hd, most of the prosumer camera market including dvx 100, hvx200, RED, cannon XL1, cannon Xl2, HPX 170, etc. do not have built in lights... Why, because it's amateur. If you want a built in light go purchase a 1992 VHS camera.

2. YOUR battery life is terrible. Most of ours is awesome. I had my phone off the charger for 3 1/2 hours yesterday and I was still at 100 percent. So it's not a problem with 1.4 or Palm Pre phones.... It's a problem with YOUR phone specifically.

3. A color scheme!?!? seriously?

My phone is top notch. most of the people on here are loving their phone and think theirs is top notch as well. Sorry YOURS is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    well op this is a phone first and camera second. You want a light enables go buy a real camera you cheap motha you. The one on the pre will drain ur battery faster(and you will ***** more at the battery after you install the patch with out even thinkin) and I really do think it won't light up as much. So other than ur cheap opinions why do we need 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    woooow I still sit here n can't believe what I read...ppl complaint about not having anything but when they have it complaint about wanting more I guess human nature although the majority of us are happy wit this updated...im very happy GO GET ANOTHER PHONE BRO!!!!

I am NOT your "BRO"- Never to say someone is immature you don't know me nor do I know you so lets stick to the thread please- also DUMMY my phone battery life has been FINE PRIOR to 1.4, so a logical person would say "hmm whats changed that my battery life sucks?" DAH!

- and irregardless I've seen some DUMB stuff on here too I just bypass it, and How am I 'cheap"" because I want to enable the camera light for low light settings? makes sense to me! other cell phones have my old phone had it , it was a suggestion/concern - this post wasn't referencing the majority it was referring my issue my concern my post if YOU don't like it DONT COMMENT SIMPLE FOOL!-

I didn't ask for YOUR battery Life I was speaking on MINES- again we ALL have an opinion If "I" want text color or change system font that's my prerogative to HELL with the MAJORITY damn its what I want stop commenting on post you have something negative to say DAMN - and I don't have nor tried nor will I do ANY patches or rooting !!!!!- and your CHEAP,
    Everyone Be BLESSED! we ALL have likes and dislikes NO MATTER WHAT- RESPECT IS JUST A MINIMUM
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/30/2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: edit title
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    I am NOT your "BRO"- Never to say someone is immature you don't know me nor do I know you so lets stick to the thread please- also DUMMY my phone battery life has been FINE PRIOR to 1.4, so a logical person would say "hmm whats changed that my battery life sucks?" DAH!

- and irregardless I've seen some DUMB stuff on here too I just bypass it, and How am I 'cheap"" because I want to enable the camera light for low light settings? makes sense to me! other cell phones have my old phone had it , it was a suggestion/concern - this post wasn't referencing the majority it was referring my issue my concern my post if YOU don't like it DONT COMMENT SIMPLE FOOL!-

I didn't ask for YOUR battery Life I was speaking on MINES- again we ALL have an opinion If "I" want text color or change system font that's my prerogative to HELL with the MAJORITY damn its what I want stop commenting on post you have something negative to say DAMN - and I don't have nor tried nor will I do ANY patches or rooting !!!!!- and your CHEAP,
    Everyone Be BLESSED! we ALL have likes and dislikes NO MATTER WHAT- RESPECT IS JUST A MINIMUM
    I'm not saying that I can't understand what you typed...but...my brain hurts after reading that. Also; as common as irregardless is, it's not an actual word. It comes from people thinking that since "irrespective" is a word, "irregardless" must also be a word. I think it's actually a double negative, when you think about it...

No one called you cheap for wanting a video light on your phone. If you'll recall, the word used was "amateur", which is accurate. Have you ever seen a movie filmed with a camera with a light attached just beside the lens? Well, yes...but it looks bad.

Also if you demand respect over an internet forum, try showing some. And use your indoor voice. Please.

Irregardless is not a word.

Respect works both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by emcdonald75 View Post
    My battery life is horrible now after the 1.4 OS update. It drops from 100% when remvoed from the charger to 80% in 45 minutes. I never had that issue wit 1.3.5. The "Sorry, Too Many Cards" issue drives me crazy. When I'm playing a game, if I receive a phone call or a text, the phone closes the game out with a message saying "Application Error." Thats anytime I play a game. So how can I multitask on the Pre, if the phone lacks the memory to allow multitasking abilities? Multitasking is the reason I bought the Pre, and preferred it over any other phone. 1.4 OS update did not solve or help with memory leaks and battery life issues. I appreciate the new call log and video recording, but if Verizon wasn't so expensive, I would leave Sprint for the Pre Plus because I only like the Palm Pre phones, so far.
    Go to the Preware forum for a solution to the "too many cards" error. It is easily fixable.
    My battery life has been excellent since the update, so I agree that those of you with problems need to do some searching. In fact, most of you that ask questions need to do some searching, because the answers are right here on these forums if you will just spend some time.
    1.4 is great. We have many options in our house. Palm Pre, HTC Touch Pro2 (runs Windows Mobile), iPod Touch, MacBookPro...etc. I do 90% of what I do on my Pre. 1.4 has only made it better. Very snappy and quick to use. Palm really needs to throw out some commercials to show what Pre owners know....this phone is fun, intuitive and powerful.
    my pre has improved in everyway since the update, my only gripe, no flashlight in video, has been fixed by a patch, so i'm good.
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    Actually, you do know that there´s been a patch out for quite some time on preware which fixes the browser refresh? It still works with 1.4 so no more headaches
    what is the name of this patch???
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    -ok I like this update however I hold a few reserves: 1) who records video with out option for video light?
    There's a patch for that - do a search

2) HORRIBLE battery life now, browsing net for 15min fresh off touchstone @ 100% I check it and I'm @ 87%!!! Ugh!
    After every update to my phone it has taken anywhere from 2 days to a week before the phone fully re calibrated and my battery life saw its full potential.

3) how to enable font through out the SYSTEM as whole, and in email( the color) who wants to manually change a color everytime.
    I think there's a patch for the email one.. As for system wide prethemer.com get to theming...

4) the browser refreshing if you access it and minimize it and go back into it it re loads what happened to "active" cards in background?
    Again believe there's a patch for that...

5) I wanna say I saw it some other instance but for now I do know when answering call it shows volume icon I'm assuming for the phone and my bluetooth ear piece and I have to ALWAYS increase the volume each and everytime ridicoulus
    I have not seen this issue, does not happen with mine...

And last check this out before spending the time to make a thread
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    what is the name of this patch???
    Thanks
    The name of the patch is called-no auto refresh after idle
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    The browser page reload bug has existed far too long mind. Defeats the point of multitasking if you can't load something in the background and go back to it! Does my head in
    there is a patch to disable this. works 75% of the time? I prefer it to a reload each time...

I should read the whole thread before posting..... sorry
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisismynamehahaha View Post

No one called you cheap for wanting a video light on your phone. If you'll recall, the word used was "amateur", which is accurate. Have you ever seen a movie filmed with a camera with a light attached just beside the lens? Well, yes...but it looks bad.
    or maybe he just wants to film simple video.....one thing i dont like about all the "picture-esque) ppl, is that they dont understand that i want pictures/video just to REMEMBER certain events. I dont need to have a full fledged DSLR camera to take pictures on a little trip i take or an HD camcorder to record a 20 sec clip.....HOWEVER, if you prefer to have high quality everything, more power to you. just irritates me when people come on these forums and basically look down on ppl who are willing to settle for less then AMAZING quality. its all a matter of opinion. (honestly i dont really like taking pictures....i let other ppl take them and i get copies :P)

haha theres my rant for the day.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  17.    #37  
    Use the Anticipation Thread until the new webOS is released.

At this time there is no public information on when to expect a new webOS update. This is just so that we can merge all of the anticipation threads into one place.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/02/2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    1.0.2 June 5, 09 +0
    1.0.3 June 19,09 +14
    1.0.4 June 29,09 +10
    1.1.0 July 23, 09 +24
    1.2.0 Sept 28, 09 +36
    1.2.1 Oct 2,09 +4
    1.3.5 Dec 28, 09 +87
    1.3.5.1 Jan 4, 10 +7
    1.4.0 Feb 26,10 +53
    1.4.1.1 mar 31,10 +33