Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148
Results 2,941 to 2,953 of 2953
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Downloaded and installed. Woo-hoo! Time to move to the 'Arrival' thread!
    Can I hAz 2.0 n0w? Hurry UP Palm...
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Give it a rest for a little while.
    Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Seriously?
    /Sarcasm/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Nah, you don't want it yet
    I'm on ATT. Am I supposed to get some sort of download notification? I haven't gotten anything yet. Device info says 1.4.2. How do I update?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I'm on ATT. Am I supposed to get some sort of download notification? I haven't gotten anything yet. Device info says 1.4.2. How do I update?
    You can wait til your phone notifies you that the update is available or you can download yourself. You can type "update" (without the quotation marks) and the update icon will appear or you can look for the update icon, which looks like a gift-wrapped box - gold paper with red ribbon. Tap the icon and follow the instructions. It will take 15-20 minutes to complete the download, validation and install process and your phone will reboot. Don't turn off your phone until you are sure you have completed the whole process.

Be sure to remove themes and the few patches that are not AUPT compliant before you install.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    You can wait til your phone notifies you that the update is available or you can download yourself. You can type "update" (without the quotation marks) and the update icon will appear or you can look for the update icon, which looks like a gift-wrapped box - gold paper with red ribbon. Tap the icon and follow the instructions. It will take 15-20 minutes to complete the download, validation and install process and your phone will reboot. Don't turn off your phone until you are sure you have completed the whole process.

Be sure to remove themes and the few patches that are not AUPT compliant before you install.
    Thanks. I checked and it said it will download "when a high speed network is available." Iit also gives me the option to download now. Should I, or should I wait?

I have removed all recommended patches and themes, and then some (things other people have had trouble with). I think I'm ready.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    It's up to your discretion, should be no reason to wait unless you know you will be somewhere where you don't want your phone pulling data/installing for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Thanks. I checked and it said it will download "when a high speed network is available." Iit also gives me the option to download now. Should I, or should I wait?

I have removed all recommended patches and themes, and then some (things other people have had trouble with). I think I'm ready.
    One consideration is signal strength or wifi access. You will want access to wifi if possible or a strong signal. And, of course, your battery should be charged up.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Received my update to 1.4.5 this evening. It took about 20 minutes to download and install at home thru my wireless broadband connection. Several patches did not make the cut and I will have to reinstall. I ran the usual app update routine and only had two apps that needed to be updated. We shall see if any thing changes.
    pre2930
    IIIxe>VIIx>Vx>Zire72>Treo755p>Pre+>Touchpad/Samsung Galaxy S3
    <<Off topic posts deleted>>