Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 2953
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    started download @12:56 northern IN WOO HOO!
    OMG!!!! ANGRY BIRDS HERE I COME!!!

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Just a thought, Since both Verizon and ATT's updates were released at the same time, did this delay have something to do with the Pre-Plus hardware. I find it odd that that both carriers happened to deploy the update at the same time, while the carrier with the original Pre released it several weeks ago.

Maybe the hold up was from Palm and not the carriers fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsnut25 View Post
    Maybe the hold up was from Palm and not the carriers fault?
    It's been covered heavily... it was the carriers. The update was released to them some time ago. Perhaps the Twitter campaign today pushed them
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Downloading now as well.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    I just want to congratulate all the fellow VW and AT&T users

I wonder if I can convince the other 3 Telcel Pre using members to do the same tweetspam to @Telcel

I keep asking them and they keep treating me like an ***** telling me that Palm has the update. Morons
    Would appear that Google Maps works very well when you use Google Services and no patches. I tried on my wife's phone and it wouldn't locate me until I enabled GS. VZ Navigator had no effect.

Also tested HotSpot with the Ubuntu 10.04 and it failed. This is a known issue that has not been resolved.

I'll will be testing my VZ Pre Plus next....
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Almost done installing! So excited!!
    this is a company that LISTENS to their end-users and apparently checks twitter for @releasemypre and even PreCentral and backs homebrew! Totally awesome!! Let's see Google or iPhone do that for their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    this is a company that LISTENS to their end-users and apparently checks twitter for @releasemypre and even PreCentral and backs homebrew! Totally awesome!! Let's see Google or iPhone do that for their customers.
    BS -- verizon released the update when they deemed it ready and compatible -- this is the same thing they have done with every update -- 3 extra weeks -- this is the time line for all palm updates on verizon pre + so far and it will be the same when 2.0 comes out. The vast majority of pre owners were not even aware that they were holding a phone with delayed software. there will be a thread exactly like this one when the next update is released from Palm -
    well as of midnight here in colo i am installing 1.45 and now like christmas all i have to do is wait for the next one --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Well done VZW! even you release soo late for the 1.4.5, but I forgive you

I take back all my bad words about you , and hope you next time release the update first!
    Wow. I can't believe AT&T released too. The same day as Verizon.

That's kinda...weird. Wonder if they were coordinated or something?

Either way, wooo! I finally have my 1.4.5! Time to bust out the credit card for some PDK apps!
    Downloading now too for VZW. I'm surprised AT&T released theirs at the same time...kinda odd don't ya think? Well, I'm glad they FINALLY updated it for VZW. Hopefully webOS 2.0 will be here soon and we can drool over the new software updates with that as well! As for a way to pass the time until that happens...ANGRY BIRDS!!!
    Google maps still broke. Hot Spot still won't work with the latest wireless Linux drivers.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    still no update for me- quick question though.
    do i need to remove patches and themes before I download the update?
    downloading now. yay! I'm sure the PDK devs will see an influx in sales today. :-)
    Only one of my phones has the ability to update the other one does not.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Downloading as we speak. It's somewhat sluggish, but consider my morning made today.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Wow. I was thinking about switching from Sprint to Verizon for the next-gen Palm for the better coverage, but seeing as this may be a sign of only more half-assed support from them, count me out, I'm staying with Sprint.
    I'm still standing by this, they took wayyyy too long.