Page 142 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 2953
    If the Masked Palm Guy is actually hired by Palm, as we surmised he was the first time he showed up, then I don't think Palm would purposely risk angering the carrier. They would anger them if they riled-up the community to basically create a Denial Of Service attack on the Verizon Twitter Account. However, IF Palm knows that Vzn is actually releasing the update Monday (before 3pm Eastern), then this could be a cute way of getting us ready for the update. If we have the update, there would be no reason for us to make good on the Masked One's threat. So, I'm hoping that we will know soon. Monday is less than one hour away... Could the update start at Midnight and be done by 3pm?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    well, now we play the waiting game. Come on 3 o'clock!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    All kernels from WebOS Internals are OTA safe when installed using Preware.

-- Rod
    I really do appreciate the repeat reassurance, Rod. Thanks!
    http://forums.precentral.net/images/smilies/yay.gif

Just one quick question. If I am running uberK w/ screenstate profile, should I be resetting back to "Palm Default" before updating?
    No update yet for me and its 09/13 7:55AM(PST) in California. But then again, i keep getting that stupid "applications update" error thing (and there are no applications that have updates). I just hope this stupid application update error thing doesnt keep me from obtaining the update . Have any pre plus users got the update yet?
    Nope. I'm still on 1.4.1.1. Here's to hoping it comes out today.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Was it fixed in the Pixi ?
    I never saw an answer to this - have any Verizon Pixi users noticed a fixed GPS after installing 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by lisahagopian View Post
    No update yet for me and its 09/13 7:55AM(PST) in California. But then again, i keep getting that stupid "applications update" error thing (and there are no applications that have updates). I just hope this stupid application update error thing doesnt keep me from obtaining the update . Have any pre plus users got the update yet?
    I was getting that same app update issue too. Once I did the update to 1.4.5 it doesnt happen anymore. Oddly enough I never once had that happen to me on Sprint. Only started once I went to Verizon.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    no update here yet. 11:37am eastern time.
    This just seems so infuriating... Hopefully 3pm ET (2pm CT, 1pm MT, 12pm PT) will bring something.
    didn't someone post that you can't force this update to happen? That it will be sent to your phone when it's time
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    didn't someone post that you can't force this update to happen? That it will be sent to your phone when it's time
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiontsoul
    "...The update will be batched directly to your device. Unfortunately, there is no ability to force the software update."
    Well I suppose we'll have to be super-patient.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    It has dawned on me as to why Verizon has not released 1.45. They obviously hired a high school student on summer break to do all of their WebOS support. Now he/she is back in school and unable to work on the update.

We may just have to wait until Christmas break to get the update!
    Please understand I meant no disrespect/malice in asking this question. Both the reply below and the other seem a slight be aggressive in taste. Though I'm 100% aware it's text only so it's very hard to understand how something was meant.

My sincerest apologies for any problems I have caused by asking this question, please understand it was not my intent.

Thank you very much for the answers and clearing it up. I agree things should be done legally and not illegaly.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Perhaps because it's illegal? A webOS Doctor (or "ROM" to those from inferior mobile operating system communities) is a proprietary copyright file, which is not licensed for distribution by third parties. Distributing a modified webOS Doctor file is a violation of copyright law.

There is a legal way to do it yourself (using the WebOS Internals MetaDoctor), and as long as you do not distribute the resulting file you do not break any copyright laws.

The webOS homebrew community does things legally - other mobile operating system communities should try it sometime, it makes it much easier to have a cooperative relationship with the hardware and OS vendor ...

-- Rod
    2:07 pm and nothing in Boston.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if this will fix problems with the mobile hot spot and the ipod touch/ipad? I see that it fixes problems with connecting to vista, so I'm wondering if it is reasonable to assume it will fix issues with apple products. I really would like to use my iPad at better than 1.2kbps.
    Quote Originally Posted by easymacfu View Post
    Does anyone know if this will fix problems with the mobile hot spot and the ipod touch/ipad? I see that it fixes problems with connecting to vista, so I'm wondering if it is reasonable to assume it will fix issues with apple products. I really would like to use my iPad at better than 1.2kbps.
    same here. I hope it does give better connection to my ipod touch. It takes forever to install an app.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    So, who's going to be joining the twitter campaign with me? (I'm on AT&T, so who knows when they'll release it)
    3:12pm EST now and still no update on Vzw yet.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Well that was fun and quite rewarding!

I just finished posting my tweets to VZW and ATT. Here's hoping they listen and follow through with updates more efficiently in the future!
    12:15 PST and no update in California yet ...GRRRRR