Page 140 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4090130135136137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by rwinger View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted earlier. But the Verizon Pre Plus upgrade page now lists 1.4.5 screen shots for the Pre Plus update page:

Over the Air (OTA) System Update: Palm® Pre™ Plus
    funny, step three has the wrong screen shot. it shows 1.4.1. the correct screenshot is step two, next to the actual step two screen.
    the pre plus software site on vzw now mentions 1.4.5

Over the Air (OTA) System Update: Palm® Pre™ Plus

someone mentioned this above.

if you recall, the same thing happened with the vzw pixi plus and it came within a week after someone noted that the pixi plus update page had 1.4.5 screenshots.

think we're almost there...
    I was about to post that the thing I anticipate most is that it will actually be released by VZW. But a thread just popped up pointing out that 1.4.5 screenshots and info are now on the VZW site for the Pre+.

our long national nightmare may finally be over in the next week or two... I think the last two Pre+ updates were released over weekends, so maybe this weekend will include updates, visits to the doctor, and other things to keep me from doing yard work.
    Oh yes, the aGPS fix had better be in this update. I'm tired of dozen GPS based apps not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    I'd believe the cancer cure, or Elvis riding into town on a purple unicorn, before I'd believe Vzn will fix the GPS...
    I sent a bunch of GPS-related stuff to Rahul Sood a few weeks back. I wanted him to be aware of the issue, realize the amount of homebrewing brain power put in to fixing it, and that it renders the phone useless for location-based services - because I know he is really into LBS... He promised to ask someone at Palm about it this week during his visit.

I asked him for a follow-up, and these are his replies on Twitter. I actually find these to be positive because it acknowledges the issue and that Palm is thinking about how to solve it in spite of VZW's retardation and lack of LBS understanding. Not promising for 1.4.5, but certainly something they should be fixing in 2.0. I like the terms "loud and clear" and "we have ideas":

First Tweet:
    I'm afraid it's not that simple to fix the verizon gps issue, however it is something I have discussed and we have ideas.

Second Tweet:
    ..bottom line, your voice has been heard, loud and clear.
    about 15 hours ago via Twitter for iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandPubah View Post
    Oh yes, the aGPS fix had better be in this update. I'm tired of dozen GPS based apps not working.
    Was it fixed in the Pixi ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    don't expect it in 1.4.5, but I think there is hope for an eventual resolution... maybe 2.0? The reason I'm optimistic is that I sent a bunch of GPS-related stuff to Rahul Sood a few weeks back. I wanted him to be aware of the issue, realize the amount of homebrewing brain power put in to fixing it, and that it renders the phone useless for location-based services - because I know he is really into LBS... He promised to ask someone at Palm about it this week during his visit.

I asked him for a follow-up, and below are his replies on Twitter. I actually find these to be positive because it acknowledges the issue and that Palm is thinking about how to solve it in spite of VZW's retardation and lack of LBS understanding. Not promising for 1.4.5, but certainly something they should be fixing in 2.0. I like the terms "loud and clear" and "we have ideas":

First Tweet:
    I'm afraid it's not that simple to fix the verizon gps issue, however it is something I have discussed and we have ideas.

Second Tweet:
    ..bottom line, your voice has been heard, loud and clear.
    about 15 hours ago via Twitter for iPad
    I know one thing for sure, if Sprint was the last to get 1.4.5, all hell would have broke loose on this forum. :-)
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Just so I'm ready when the update hits I am wondering if uberkernel is safe to keep installed during the updating process or if i have to uninstall it before updating?
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    from webOSroundup, the original source:

Verizon 1.4.5 Update “Within the Next Couple of Weeks?”

So where is 1.4.5 for Verizon Pre Plus owners? Europe has had the update for two months, Sprint has had it for one month, and Verizon Pixi Plus owners have had it for about two weeks.

Why has the update still not made its way to the Verizon Pre Plus? Well, we kind of have an answer for you. Thanks to a good tip we were forwarded to a thread in the Verizon Support forums where the answer could be had.

It seems that a particularly upset customer by the name of Shad decided to take matters into his own hands and email Verizon Wireless Corporate. His email is as follows:

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:33 PM
    To: “Debra.Lewis”; “Robin.Nicol”; Seidenberg, Ivan
    Subject: Palm Pre Plus webOS 1.4.5 phone operating system update

Ivan Seidenberg,
    Debra Lewis,
    Robin Nicole,

I am writing to complain about the delay that is occurring in the release of an update to my cell phone (Palm Pre Plus). The update was released by Palm nearly two months ago, in July, and was deployed by Sprint and European cellular providers soon after it was made available to them by Palm. Yet Verizon Wireless has not released this significant update to my phone. Of concern to me is that the update enables me to purchase and download many advanced applications that are now being written by software developers and released specifically for the 1.4.5 update. Without the update I cannot download a substantial number of new and exciting apps for my Palm phone.

I have contacted VZWSupport numerous times on Twitter and have been given the same, non-answer, over and over. That being that there is “no information” available to give out. I have searched twitter and found many other people have this same question as well. I have gone to Verizon Wireless support site to no avail. I have also searched fan sites such as PreCentral.com, webosroundup.com, and other phone sites to find out why this update is not available yet. Nobody knows why Verizon Wireless is not releasing it, while other competitors do have it and have released it to their customers.

I do not understand why Verizon Wireless won’t release some information so that your customers aren’t left hanging, wondering why their phones are no longer being supported with the latest operating system update and features that are being used and enjoyed by customers on other wireless providers.

I use and enjoy Palm webOS phones. I’m frustrated over this delay, like many of your loyal Palm phone owners are, and I thank you in advance for your reply.

Shad
    Now, we would have to say that Shad was asking pretty nicely considering that he has been waiting for so long for the 1.4.5 update. Sometimes, being nice is rewarded and in this case he was rewarded with an answer! The following is the response he received:

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:51 PM
    To: shad
    Subject: FW: Palm Pre Plus webOS 1.4.5 phone operating system update

Mr. Fernandez:

Thank you for your question. The reason we have not provided an update to this phone is we test updates just as if they were phones. That means that we may be a little later than our competitors but given the risk that an update that doesn’t work properly could damage your phone, we choose to error on the side of caution. The update you are requesting will be available within the next couple of weeks.
    Brenda
    Not exactly the answer we were all looking for. However, it is more than we have had up to this point. So wait patiently our dear Verizon Pre Plus owners because your day to enjoy the PDK goodness of webOS 1.4.5 may be right around the corner! A big thank you goes out to Mr. Shad for taking the initiative to look into this matter and write the email that he did. As for you, Verizon… we’ve started our timers.

[Thanks to Dan Seese for the tip!]

September 9, 2010 9:30 pmWritten by: Ryan St. Andrie
    look not to be a jerk or nothing but you are the second person to bring this to this thread from webosroundup--- the story originates with an e-mail that was originally poosted in this very thread --- come on
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    What the hell is a 'kayboard'?
    A prime example of how bad the keyboard in on the Verizon Pre+.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Monday at 3PM! Tweet like you've never tweeted before!
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    A prime example of how bad the keyboard in on the Verizon Pre+.
    Thinking it is a prime example of how bad your typing skills are..... just saying, if you hit the 'a' when trying to hit the 'e' either you phone has a SERIOUS problem or you can't type.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Thinking it is a prime example of how bad your typing skills are..... just saying, if you hit the 'a' when trying to hit the 'e' either you phone has a SERIOUS problem or you can't type.
    I'm sorry I have trouble typing on the cramped kAyboard on the Pre.

I put the "A" on purpose...

Hopefully the 1.4.5 update will have something to help but my hopes in Palm and Verizon are pretty much crushed.
    Last edited by iTz Nicholas72; 09/10/2010 at 09:32 PM.
    Coming from a winMO phone, where the development community was insanely large (XDA Developers FTW), why has no one (I ask this knowing full well I can not do it) been able to release a "ROM" of the sprint 1.4.5 for AT&T? I mean, webOS is pretty open, so between all the amazing talent we have here, no one can piece together the sprint 1.4.5 and the at&T 1.4.2? (I say AT&T [a] cause i have them and [b] verizon seemingly has a release date)

Any thoughts as to why?
    the pdf for the pre plus on verizon support talks about the 1.4.5 update. Just like the pixi plus the update should be out soon after they updated the pdf. Heres hoping for it.
    I think it's going to be released when this thread reaches 145 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I think it's going to be released when this thread reaches 145 pages.
    lol. Then lets hurry up and get there.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I think I've figured out why Verizon hasn't released 1.4.5 Yet and won't give any answers!!! They haven't figured out how to Cripple the GPS yet in the New update!!