Page 14 of 148 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    Stable, yes. Sustainable? Hardly. The strain of overclocking will shorten the life of the phone. Palm doesn't want to be known as the company that makes phones with bum lifespans. They have enough hardware problems already.
    With all the people who have overclocked on this forum, we will see how fast the phones die from it. Has anyone had this happen yet?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    So 1.4.5 will bring a total refresh to the Pre's performance and more 3D gaming....?
    that sounds fair enough... but I highly doubt there will be some major performance change.. just a slight improvement as always... but looking forward in seeing some new 3G gaming... I hope!

Perhaps in WebOS 2.0 they will have a major performance changes lol ;D
    I wouldn't count on GPU accel, maybe some PDK improvements. It would be perfect to have some paid apps love for Telcel tho
    Flash lite perhaps? Speed and battery enhancements, and some UI tweaks are for sure I would think, but you never know.

Is it possible to add autofocus to the camera? Or that is a hardware issue, and not something with the OS? photos are never as "crisp" as I wish they were
    I think its a hardware thing... my photos look awesome... people thought I had a 5MP camera... I'm like um 3MP to be exact lol xD But yeah, I wouldn't have my hopes to high, I don't think 1.4.5 is going to be a big major update... but I love getting presents from Palm
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    just watch them push out 1.5 instead! My guess is june 5th.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    These are the approximate roll-out times of 1.4.0 and 1.4.1.
    1.4.0 02/26/2010, 04:33 AM (local time Vietnam)
    1.4.1 03/31/2010, 07:22 PM (local time Netherlands)

Something tells me 1.4.5 is hitting us either tomorrow or the day after...
    That would be great. Since Palm likes to give you updates first, be sure to let us know!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Something tells me 1.4.5 is hitting us either tomorrow or the day after...
    I don't recommend getting too excited about 1.4.5 fw.
    Its not gonna turn the phone into a whole other device like the 1.4 update did.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus52 View Post
    I don't forsee any updates, or any new hardware. I thing PALM lost it's "MOJO"..pre was a one hit wonder. Sad
    Well. Considering there were how many palm phones before the pre that people loved. i really dont see the "one hit wonder" idea. am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
    just got the update here on my Sprint Pre while traveling in Thailand on the local GSM network
    waahh?
    what version of webOS are YOU using? O.O
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    waahh?
    what version of webOS are YOU using? O.O
    He is pulling everyones legs off.

Number one, a Sprint Pre can't work off of GSM and he put that part in there to show the joke.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    He is pulling everyones legs off.

Number one, a Sprint Pre can't work off of GSM and he put that part in there to show the joke.
    yeah sorry I get kind of delusional after my mid afternoon, predinner, post lunch nap D:
    I realized the notsofunny pun now
    I look forward to an update... but I'm perfectly content waiting for it. I'm really digging the way my phone functions these days with uberKernel, Mode Switcher, GeoStrings and all my patches living in perferct harmony just like ebony and ivory
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    There is a common misconception that is going on here. Improving the performance of WebOS via making better use of the existing hardware at current speeds is possible. It will not make overclocking redundant though, since you could still improve performance by overclocking.

I doubt that an upgrade in WebOS would overclock the device since the chips are rated at the given speeds, and it can't be guaranteed by the chip maker that it will operate properly.

I have heard that there have been a number of things about Bluetooth that broke with the 1.4.1 update. I know that with 1.4.2, I have to hit the reset button on my Tomtom for it to properly talk to the Pre Plus, and from reports, this started with Sprint and Verizon versions when they updated to 1.4.1, so it isn't unique to 1.4.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    I hate it that you can't edit the title after posting..
    yes you can. Click on the advanced button.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    With all the people who have overclocked on this forum, we will see how fast the phones die from it. Has anyone had this happen yet?
    I seem to recall reading that one Pre user had their phone fried when overclocked, but that it was unrelated to the overclocking, and may have just been speculation on the owners part. It certainly hasn't been an issue at all
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I don't expect major speed improvements until the fall as revealed at dev day. But clocking the pres cpu to 600mhz wouldn't be overclocking.
    Most likely, the big change in 1.4.5 is going to be true PDK support in the App Catalog, because we're starting to reach their general timeline for that.