Page 139 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    well done well written -- here is my question -- who is debi -- why is she not sure if the question should be answered and why was that left in --- Debi ought to pull her pants up

Most likely Debi isn't in the department or division that would deal with that type of question so it gets forwarded to who she thinks can answer it or who know who will. Not really that uncommon of a practice if she doesn't have the answer (or the approved public answer, etc).

Could have been left in so that he would know why someone he didn't e-mail was responding to his question. Once again in business e-mail, if you e-mail someone directly and someone else in the correct department responds it would not be uncommon to include that so the customer does not think you are ignoring them, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Most likely Debi isn't in the department or division that would deal with that type of question so it gets forwarded to who she thinks can answer it or who know who will. Not really that uncommon of a practice if she doesn't have the answer (or the approved public answer, etc).

Could have been left in so that he would know why someone he didn't e-mail was responding to his question. Once again in business e-mail, if you e-mail someone directly and someone else in the correct department responds it would not be uncommon to include that so the customer does not think you are ignoring them, etc.
    Sure enough that may be the case all though if it is then i would expect the inter office interaction to be more like -- could you answer this? -- or do you know the answer to this? not "not sure if you want to answer this one" i am really not sure of the connotation of those words or how they would have been inflected in speech so as stated above there are a few ways that this could be taken -- most of which are not -- it is so important to me that we get this customer the correct information -- could you answer it please ...

common business practice or not -- i find it bad business to include this kind of banter in an e-mail to a customer

IMHO
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    607 Global Posts
    You know, I love my Pre, and have been happy with VZW, have had them since they were Bell Atlantic. But this is a joke. I know they are pushing droid, but it really is subpar to both iOS and webOS. Say what you will about Apple, they took control of their product. Think any network could ever say to Apple, "Well, I know YOU are ready to release an iOS update, but we aren't ready yet." Would never happen. I hope that as HP/palm become more of a single voice that they take this approach as well (owner/designer of the hardware and software).
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    What a beautiful sight. If only AT&T would release it...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    pretty cool -- you do realize that this email was originally posted in this thread --- right???

Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    ^^I'd like to say yes...but I can't :-(
    ...and I linked to the "others," my overloads will be most displeased.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'll believe it when I get the update. Too bad it probably won't fix GPS or the kayboard.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Maybe theyll surprise us and 1.4.5 will be released sooner rather than later and will have a GPS fix? Perhaps it'll also bring peace to the middle east and bring a cure for cancer. well hopefully some of that comes true!
    I heard this week for vzw, but the week is almost over so......
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I'll believe it when I get the update. Too bad it probably won't fix GPS or the kayboard.
    look - alot of this has been beat to death in these forums and you are right neither of those things are likely to be addressed --

IMHO the gps is screwed up in an off target attemt to save battery on the phone -- do the following and it will fix your gps -- believe me it works

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

as to the kayboard -- it is a hardware issue if you are double typing / skipping letters -- at least in my experience -- my charger in the phone went bad and i had to et a replacement -- if you have a earlier + version then the keyboard had issues -- i doubt that a software update will fix this

again this is just my opinion -- but it is right

sorry to steer off topic -- i will do it again but only when i think it might help someone

thanks
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    What the hell is a 'kayboard'?
    southern accent for a keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr1108 View Post
    Maybe theyll surprise us and 1.4.5 will be released sooner rather than later and will have a GPS fix? Perhaps it'll also bring peace to the middle east and bring a cure for cancer. well hopefully some of that comes true!
    I'd believe the cancer cure, or Elvis riding into town on a purple unicorn, before I'd believe Vzn will fix the GPS...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    An hour ago, from gadgetell.com

Verizon to Palm Pre Plus users: webOS 1.4.5 is coming in a “couple of weeks”
    by Robert Nelson on Sep 10, 2010 at 09:55 AM Add a Comment
    Verizon rolled out the webOS 1.4.5 software update for Palm Pixi Plus users a short while back, and since then Pre Plus users have been left waiting. Well, as of today we have a bit of news, though unfortunately it is not saying that anything is ready for download. According to Verizon;

“The update you are requesting will be available within the next couple of weeks.”

And there you have it, Verizon will be rolling out webOS update 1.4.5 for Palm Pre Plus users in a few weeks. Like I said, not the best news, especially since Verizon users seem to be last at getting it and still have several weeks to wait. But at the same time, at least we can now see that it will be coming.

Via [webOSroundup]
    from webOSroundup, the original source:

Verizon 1.4.5 Update “Within the Next Couple of Weeks?”

So where is 1.4.5 for Verizon Pre Plus owners? Europe has had the update for two months, Sprint has had it for one month, and Verizon Pixi Plus owners have had it for about two weeks.

Why has the update still not made its way to the Verizon Pre Plus? Well, we kind of have an answer for you. Thanks to a good tip we were forwarded to a thread in the Verizon Support forums where the answer could be had.

It seems that a particularly upset customer by the name of Shad decided to take matters into his own hands and email Verizon Wireless Corporate. His email is as follows:

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:33 PM
    To: “Debra.Lewis”; “Robin.Nicol”; Seidenberg, Ivan
    Subject: Palm Pre Plus webOS 1.4.5 phone operating system update

Ivan Seidenberg,
    Debra Lewis,
    Robin Nicole,

I am writing to complain about the delay that is occurring in the release of an update to my cell phone (Palm Pre Plus). The update was released by Palm nearly two months ago, in July, and was deployed by Sprint and European cellular providers soon after it was made available to them by Palm. Yet Verizon Wireless has not released this significant update to my phone. Of concern to me is that the update enables me to purchase and download many advanced applications that are now being written by software developers and released specifically for the 1.4.5 update. Without the update I cannot download a substantial number of new and exciting apps for my Palm phone.

I have contacted VZWSupport numerous times on Twitter and have been given the same, non-answer, over and over. That being that there is “no information” available to give out. I have searched twitter and found many other people have this same question as well. I have gone to Verizon Wireless support site to no avail. I have also searched fan sites such as PreCentral.com, webosroundup.com, and other phone sites to find out why this update is not available yet. Nobody knows why Verizon Wireless is not releasing it, while other competitors do have it and have released it to their customers.

I do not understand why Verizon Wireless won’t release some information so that your customers aren’t left hanging, wondering why their phones are no longer being supported with the latest operating system update and features that are being used and enjoyed by customers on other wireless providers.

I use and enjoy Palm webOS phones. I’m frustrated over this delay, like many of your loyal Palm phone owners are, and I thank you in advance for your reply.

Shad
    Now, we would have to say that Shad was asking pretty nicely considering that he has been waiting for so long for the 1.4.5 update. Sometimes, being nice is rewarded and in this case he was rewarded with an answer! The following is the response he received:

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:51 PM
    To: shad
    Subject: FW: Palm Pre Plus webOS 1.4.5 phone operating system update

Mr. Fernandez:

Thank you for your question. The reason we have not provided an update to this phone is we test updates just as if they were phones. That means that we may be a little later than our competitors but given the risk that an update that doesn’t work properly could damage your phone, we choose to error on the side of caution. The update you are requesting will be available within the next couple of weeks.
    Brenda
    Not exactly the answer we were all looking for. However, it is more than we have had up to this point. So wait patiently our dear Verizon Pre Plus owners because your day to enjoy the PDK goodness of webOS 1.4.5 may be right around the corner! A big thank you goes out to Mr. Shad for taking the initiative to look into this matter and write the email that he did. As for you, Verizon… we’ve started our timers.

[Thanks to Dan Seese for the tip!]

September 9, 2010 9:30 pmWritten by: Ryan St. Andrie
    Last edited by GrandPubah; 09/10/2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: attribute source
    Yeah. I was bolstered by this success and chatted with AT&T Tech supprot aobut this. Let's just say they weren't nearly as forthcoming. Argh. Good for VErizon users tho.

--MGb

Shunned AT&T subscriber
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been posted earlier. But the Verizon Pre Plus upgrade page now lists 1.4.5 screen shots for the Pre Plus update page:

Over the Air (OTA) System Update: Palm® Pre™ Plus
    just out of curiosity, why aren't the AT&T Pre users complaining? do they have access to PDK apps with 1.4.1.2 or are there just so few of them???
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    There must be just a few of us, but I've been complaining here and on Twitter now for weeks.

The ATTCustomerCare twitter people ignored me after my 2nd tweet about it.