Page 138 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by ion677 View Post
    It's easy to file a complaint online with the FCC. I did it in just a few minutes. Here is the link:

(esupport.fcc.gov/complaints)

If we get enough people complaining, maybe VZW or Palm will be forced into action.
    What complaint category you used? I couldnt find an appropriate complain category
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I decided to write to Verizon Wireless Corporate and see what answer I would get. Below are my email and the response I received.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:33 PM
    To: "Debra.Lewis"; "Robin.Nicol"; Seidenberg, Ivan
    Subject: Palm Pre Plus webOS 1.4.5 phone operating system update

Ivan Seidenberg,
    Debra Lewis,
    Robin Nicole,

I am writing to complain about the delay that is occurring in the release of an update to my cell phone (Palm Pre Plus). The update was released by Palm nearly two months ago, in July, and was deployed by Sprint and European cellular providers soon after it was made available to them by Palm. Yet Verizon Wireless has not released this significant update to my phone. Of concern to me is that the update enables me to purchase and download many advanced applications that are now being written by software developers and released specifically for the 1.4.5 update. Without the update I cannot download a substantial number of new and exciting apps for my Palm phone.

I have contacted VZWSupport numerous times on Twitter and have been given the same, non-answer, over and over. That being that there is “no information” available to give out. I have searched twitter and found many other people have this same question as well. I have gone to Verizon Wireless support site to no avail. I have also searched fan sites such as PreCentral.com, webosroundup.com, and other phone sites to find out why this update is not available yet. Nobody knows why Verizon Wireless is not releasing it, while other competitors do have it and have released it to their customers.

I do not understand why Verizon Wireless won’t release some information so that your customers aren’t left hanging, wondering why their phones are no longer being supported with the latest operating system update and features that are being used and enjoyed by customers on other wireless providers.

I use and enjoy Palm webOS phones. I’m frustrated over this delay, like many of your loyal Palm phone owners are, and I thank you in advance for your reply.

Shad Fernandez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:44 PM
    To: Raney, Brenda; Aydin, Albert F
    Cc: Nicol, Robin
    Subject: FW: Palm Pre Plus webOS 1.4.5 phone operating system update

Not sure if you want to answer this one?

Debi

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:51 PM
    To: shad

Mr. Fernandez:

Thank you for your question. The reason we have not provided an update to this phone is we test updates just as if they were phones. That means that we may be a little later than our competitors but given the risk that an update that doesn’t work properly could damage your phone, we choose to error on the side of caution. The update you are requesting will be available within the next couple of weeks.

Brenda

Brenda,

Thank you for your reply. It answered my questions of if/when a 1.4.5 release is coming and the reason for the delay. I very much appreciate it.

Shad
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Alright, so who has, or who wants to email AT&T Corporate?

If I can find the email address, I will.
    Hate to say it..... but still canned response...... "next couple week" means there is no release date, and the fact that the Pixi release has been found to be safe enough to release while the Pre release is lagging WAY behind, once again shows the testing statement to not be true.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    True, it's not an actual release date. I won't be happy until I see the update presented on my phone. But, for now, I just have to "let go" LOL.
    Should let go of VZW and come over to Sprint..... =)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I've considered it. Problem is I had to leave them a couple years ago when their service at my house (rural area) was not so good. I don't know if they've improved any, so I'd be taking a real gamble switching back.
    same here. If I had sprint coverage in my area I would have already switch due to the crap GPS and now this.
    I am feeling physically ill thinking about my carriers lack of cohesion does anyone at big red know the difference between their @** and a hole in the ground...? I'm thinking that they would answer with "we have no information on that update.".
    A new webOS device will be nice and all, but I have only had my vzw preplus since jan and I'm still enjoying the phone. But I am FRUSTRATED beyond anything because my stupid carrier will not release 1.4.5 so that I can access the many new apps that have been pouring into the app catalog! I have not purchased any new apps since the 50% off sale, because there are no new apps that I have found appealing in my old 1.4.1.1 catalog. And at this point, I can't even get excited about the 2.0 update, because it doesn't seem like vzw will release that to us either anytime soon. It's getting boring on precentrals forums as well because everything is all about how the gps still isn't fixed, there are no official status updates on 1.4.5, and much of the talk is on future hardware devices, new apps that I don't have access to, and 2.0, which again, likely will never see the light of day on vzw. Even if it does, it will be many months after everyone else gets it. I know vzw wants us all to be droid heads only, but after playing with my wife's incredible and droid 2, neither is appealing to me. Again, hate to sound like an old record, but this silence and lack of any definite statements from either vzw or palm is just plain FRUSTRATING. I waited over a year for a new palm device to come to vzw after my 700p, only to settle for this. Let me tell you, this STINKS.

end of rant...for tonight...
    ive been researching 'jumping ship', but verizon is the cheaper choice as i have 2 pixi's and 1 pre on my plan. family plans on other providers is just retardedly expensive for all the features i have, even the lack of support and crap GPS.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    When???????? Fourth quarter of 2011??? Lets get crackin' Palm!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    i wouldnt be surprised if you guys never got it, and jumped straight to 2.0
    yep the only way to get change is by hurting there pocket book.
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    i wouldnt be surprised if you guys never got it, and jumped straight to 2.0
    This would prolly sound right for V. For AT&T, I think that they're going to release 1.4.5 later this month. That is just a WAG from me. However, I'm more concerned about how V and AT&T are going to handle releasing 2.0 b/c this 1.4.5 release has been hamstrung by V and AT&T. I wonder if HPalm even talks to V and AT&T to find out what the hold up is. It'd suck big if HPalm's 2.0 didn't come out on V or AT&T until 6 months after it was initially released on other carriers. But at that point HPalm prolly would be on 2.1 and who knows if AT&T or V would release 2.1.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadmo View Post
    I decided to write to Verizon Wireless Corporate and see what answer I would get. Below are my email and the response I received.

Snipped
    Hands down, the best complaint/search for information I've seen posted in this thread.
    Does anyone posting in this thread remember the release of 1.4.1? It went down in the exact same way as this is unfolding. Sprint released it quickly and then 3 weeks later verizon released it. While i cannot personally gaurentee that verizon will release in the next week or so or that they will release it at all -- what i can say is that past preformance generally represents future actions and verizon will come out with 1.4.5 soon -- only a matter of time. I cannot even fathom what would cause someone to post that verizon would not release anything until 2.0... what i think will happen is in the next 10 days or so verizon will release 1.4.5 and when or if 2.0 comes out and it is for pres and not some new hardware then sprint will be first and verizon will be a month or so behind....

now as to shifting to sprint -- assuming that the service is compatible which in my area it isn't can anyone tell me if they are offering a + model on their network? to me the upgraded features on the + make the original pre extremely unattractive -- additionally after using QPST to modify my phone my GPS has worked every bit as well as any other GPS active phone i have held it up against

long story short -- the update will come
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by shadmo View Post

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:33 PM
    To: "Debra.Lewis"; "Robin.Nicol"; Seidenberg, Ivan
    Subject: Palm Pre Plus webOS 1.4.5 phone operating system update

Ivan Seidenberg,
    Debra Lewis,
    Robin Nicole,

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:44 PM
    To: Raney, Brenda; Aydin, Albert F
    Cc: Nicol, Robin

Not sure if you want to answer this one?

Debi
    well done well written -- here is my question -- who is debi -- why is she not sure if the question should be answered and why was that left in --- Debi ought to pull her pants up
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I have a cousin who works with Verizon, so I'm thinking I can ask him sometime about the 1.4.5 update. Hopefully, I can get a not-so-generic answer.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm glad others are finding the email info I posted useful.

It is somewhat interesting that Brenda would hang Debi out there like that. I left it in just to demonstrate the email exchange. The statement itself could be read in multiple ways, of course.

"Not sure if you want to answer this one?"

Etc.... so, I don't know if it should be given much wait. Ultimately, Brenda did answer and I'm "ok" with her answer for now. My countdown timer is set for T-minus two weeks. LOL
    Last edited by shadmo; 09/09/2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: clarifying information.