Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr1108 View Post
    i sent a tweet to Rahul Sood, Phil McKinney, and HP News on twitter. hopefully they can make some phone calls or at least give out some info. I know Rahul tweeted a few days ago that they have the updates and that we should ask for it but maybe they know more now.
    Is it @RahulSood, @PhilMcKinney etc etc or what? Maybe a list of all the Palm relations and VZW Exec and Service Twitter accounts... just to be comprehensive...

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    o2 Pre London,

do we get a new update? mine seems to find nothing new
    o2 UK webOS phones SHOULD have the 1.4.5 update by now, considering it's release on 14 July. What is your current version?
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    does anyone else have the impression that Verizon is making it difficult for Palm and their customers, so more users will just leave Palm and jump on Android? This is just all to coincidental for me...

Unfortunately for Verizon, as a long time customer of theirs, I will leave them before I go to Android. Even if it means buying Android on another carrier. I won't give them the satisfaction. They've upset me too much now.
    I don't believe there is any grand scheme to get people off Palm products. The conspiracy theory is good narrative; but realistically, it would be a storm of lawsuits if something like that occurred. It's nothing more than Verizon moving slowly to roll out a new update, for whatever reason. My opinion anyway...
    Just got off the phone with Verizon and they are of NO help. They just keep repeating, "I show you have the current WebOS version." They pawned me off to Palm support who would not give me any hint as to when 1.4.5 will be available but stated that, "it will be available soon." Grrrr.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gu1l7y5p4rk;
    Is it @RahulSood, @PhilMcKinney etc etc or what? Maybe a list of all the Palm relations and VZW Exec and Service Twitter accounts... just to be comprehensive...

-Gu1l7y
    Yes that is correct except both are all lowercase if that matters. There's also @VZWSupport and @Palm. Those are the ppl ive been tweeting to about it.
    I've never used twitter, but I think I might start now...
    I posted a follow-up to my original query on the status of the 1.4.5 update for AT&T on the AT&T Developer forum. I basically asked if they are planning on releasing the update and when that will happen. This is the response I received:

"Yes. We are planning to release the update and we can't provide release date at this time. Will keep you posted as soon as we get an update. Thanks for following up"

So while they still didn't give me a date, they did say it was still coming. Something is better than nothing, I suppose. It's still frustrating, however.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Not providing an update and not supporting a phone are two totally different things. A company doesn't have to provide an update to support the phone.
    I completely disagree. If updates exist, making sure they are available on all phones is a major part of "support." In fact, it is the only support I even care about. Updates contain fixes and new features which is what most people want in terms of support.
    Last edited by Speebs; 09/08/2010 at 12:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    You'd think at some point they'd (AT&T) say to themselves: "Let's see, we've sold XXX Pre Pluses, and everyone's complaining that we're not releasing the update, F--k it, what's going to generate more support problems, not releasing it, or just throwing it out there?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I completely disagree. If updates are exist, making sure they are available on all phones is a major part of "support." In fact, it is the only support I even care about. Updates contain fixes and new features which is what most people want in terms of support.
    thank you. my thoughts exactly.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Verizon hasn't supported the Pre+ or Pixi+ since launch. Sure they released 1.4.1.1. Have they fixed the GPS though? Nope. I've never seen a company move so slow.

Have they ever supported the phone in-store? Nope. I knew I had witnessed it all when I went to look at a Pre when I was on vacation. I walk up to it, and I was being continually ushered away from it. Right up until the point I told the guy I know what I'm doing and what I want in a phone, and Palm has it!

Same situation at the local Verizon store when I went to buy a Pre+. "I would highly suggest against getting either of the Palm phones." The guy said. He didn't have much of an answer as to why.

I wouldn't doubt that they get more compensation for any android phone sold than any Palm phone. Idk, rant over.

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Big Red wont' fix the GPS trouble. It works fine if you pay for their map service.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    We need to change the game plan. Everyone needs to start spreading around Verizons crappy phone support and customer service to the media. It's not just for the Pre Plus folks, Android and Blackberry owners see extended wait times for updates after all the other carriers have gotten them as well. This needs to get out so people who are thinking of switching to Verizon know how they treat their customers.

Here's a start, go to mobile.engadget.com/ and click on the red tip us in the top right corner. Then explain what Verizon is doing. If enough people do this they may run an article about it.
    Just got off the phone w/ Verizon. After the guys used the word "Like Android" Three times I knew it was going down hill. So the rep. got on the horn w/ tech support and was going to transfer me to them (he told me they where going to push the OTA Update to me "like robofone") But once the rep. got back on the phone diff song. The jist of that sad song. "Call Palm" I almost laughed @ him when reminding him I'm talking on my GF's Pixi+ w/ 1.4.5! So NOTHING! And for the first time ever in 10 years I don't like big red!-(
    It's easy to file a complaint online with the FCC. I did it in just a few minutes. Here is the link:

(esupport.fcc.gov/complaints)

If we get enough people complaining, maybe VZW or Palm will be forced into action.
    Any idea when Verizon will release their update? I want to be able to use the new Apps being released in the App Catalog. They all require 1.4.5.
    If we demand our gifts, should we expect to get anything?
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by gianf150 View Post
    Any idea when Verizon will release their update? I want to be able to use the new Apps being released in the App Catalog. They all require 1.4.5.
    Only speculation like "end of September" and "NEVER!" and Verizon's statement, "We'll let you know when the update is available." We would all love you use those spectacular PDK apps, NOW.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    If we demand our gifts, should we expect to get anything?
    If you're a VZW customer and they did the same crap with webOS 2.0, you wouldn't be upset after 4 months?