Page 136 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141146 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 2953
    does anyone else have the impression that Verizon is making it difficult for Palm and their customers, so more users will just leave Palm and jump on Android? This is just all to coincidental for me...

Unfortunately for Verizon, as a long time customer of theirs, I will leave them before I go to Android. Even if it means buying Android on another carrier. I won't give them the satisfaction. They've upset me too much now.
    I think that Verizon is starting to prepare the update for tomorrow or even today. When I check for updates, it wont let me update my apps, but I get this message:

Your phone is up to date.

Palm webOS 1.4.1.1
    This update contains a variety of minor software improvements.
    Its wierd. It never did that before. Perhaps they are getting ready?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiperla View Post
    I think that Verizon is starting to prepare the update for tomorrow or even today. When I check for updates, it wont let me update my apps, but I get this message:

That's more normal than green grass.
    The only way we'll know if it's coming is if this PDF is updated to show 1.4.5 build "# x" is coming soon, or if we see a screen like the below image on our Pre Pluses.

NOTE: This image is off the PIXI software update page on Verizon Wireless, yet the proportions are clearly matching those of the Pre's.
    What if Verizon downrades us to 1.3.5 becaus of how much we are bothering them... LOL

OMG same here!!!

Wait I've never been able to update my apps via the Update app. Stupid Palm Profile bug. I would PM HardBeatz but typing a list of all my patches and apps will take for ever on my Pre. I wish they would find am easier way to fix it.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    There are two things that concern me about this update (I'm on AT&T).

1. The screwing of developers and palm by AT&T (and Verizon), since the whole PDK Hot Apps Contest depends on as many devices as possible being able to download the apps (i.e. having 1.4.5 or better firmware)

2. The implications for the impending 2.0 update. I am frustrated by not being able to get 1.4.5, but nowhere near as mad as I'm going to be if the 2.0 update is handled in a similar manner.

All that being said, does anyone have any info as to if AT&T is even planning on issuing this update at some point?

Thanks,

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsdad View Post
    As I stated in the discussion thread.... the changelog for 1.4.5 doesnt seem to be filled with exciting changes...
    and as has been posted it's not the changes, but the ability to download all the NEW APPS.

That is not unusual. If i dont have an app that needs to be updated, that is the exact message i get. Its been that way since i got the phone last spring. It doesnt mean an update is coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    This, in fact, is a problem between the developers and the app catalog. When uploading an app to the catalog, one can specify the minimum version for the program to work, and the catalog should honor this and not show them on previous versions.

But... come to think about it, I believe the app catalog works fine, it's the beta and web apps which show this error, am I right?
    As we noted in our report, Palm is now requiring webOS 1.4.5 for PDK apps, as that is the first release where PDK was taken out of beta.

Thus, the minimum version is 1.4.5, which is out of reach for Pre Plus owners on Verizon, and Palm has yet to issue a comment on why webOS was only updated for Pixi Plus on Verizon.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsdad View Post
    As I stated in the discussion thread.... the changelog for 1.4.5 doesnt seem to be filled with exciting changes...
    All the more reason it's concerning why Pre Plus was left out of the Verizon update wave. Palm has historically updated Pre and Pixi simultaneously.

As in my last post, the PDK update was the major change, since you cannot access newly-released PDK apps from the App Catalog without 1.4.5. It's a checkpoint release, not a major overhaul.

If there was a/another bug holding up release, why won't Palm just say that?

And, the overarching complaint still lingers about the GPS issue, so Palm has some explaining to do at this point... six months now, zero comment.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Palm is just going to say it's all Verizons fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Palm is just going to say it's all Verizons fault.
    Even if that happens it then pressures Verizon to take action and respond. Right now, we have a painful runaround, and both companies seem content with that status quo.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Tommorow will be a full week since the VZ Pixi Plus received the update. Heres hoping they just like releasing updates on Tuesdays!!!
    Make a thread asking HardBeatz if he can get Palm to issue a public statement reguarding the update delay and more importantly the gps issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion677 View Post
    Here is a chat session I had with Palm confirming that Verizon will most likely not get 1.4.5 for the Pre+ and skip to 1.5

4:46 PM Connecting...
    4:46 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    4:46 PM Support session established with Angela.

4:46 PM Angela: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Angela. How can I help you today?
    4:47 PM Nate: Just wondering why pixi plus users got webos 1.4.5 today but pre+ users have not.
    4:48 PM Angela: Let me verify, you wanted to know regarding the release of 1.4.5 version. Right?
    4:49 PM Nate: yes, specifically why pixi plus users got webos 1.4.5 today but pre+ users have not.
    4:50 PM Angela: Right now, Palm release the 1.4.5 for Pixi Plus only. We don't have news yet for the Palm Pre Plus.
    4:50 PM Nate: What is taking so long?
    4:50 PM Angela: For Palm Pre plus, it is still in the works.
    4:51 PM Nate: Why? spint pre users already have it too.
    4:51 PM Angela: I understand your concern. However, we donít have any specific information right now.
    4:52 PM Nate: You don't understand. Otherwise you would get some answers for verizon pre users. We don't have access to almost all new apps released.
    4:52 PM Angela: Don't worry we will be submitting this inquiry to our Palm engineers. As soon as it will be available. It will be delivered through the Over-the-air updates.
    4:53 PM Nate: And when will that be?
    4:53 PM Angela: No specific time frame yet.
    4:55 PM Nate: There are rumors that the update will never come to verizon users. Are you abandoning verizon palm users because the pre+ is being EOL?
    4:56 PM Angela: No, we're not. There hasn't been any announcement for that matter.
    4:59 PM Angela: Just wait for the updates for the PrePlus. They are working on it.
    4:59 PM Nate: Yeah because you don't want to lose customers. But verizon's EOL date for the per+ is end of october.
    5:00 PM Nate: We are getting impatient enough with all the canned answers coming from vzw/palm.
    5:00 PM Nate Farrell: It's extremely frustrating not getting any straight answers.
    5:01 PM Angela: Unfortunately, we can't provide specific time frame. But, rest assured that it will come out.
    5:04 PM Nate: I'm not so much concerned with when. I want to know why. Why is the burning question here. Why does sprint have it and not verizon?
    5:04 PM Nate: Why does the pixi have it but not the pre+?
    5:06 PM Angela: Updates is specific to each device on every carrier. That's why they don't release the updates at once to all carriers and devices.
    5:09 PM Nate: Is it possible that vzw will skip 1.4.1 go straight to 1.5?
    5:10 PM Angela: Yes.
    5:10 PM Angela: In your case, I would say that it's advantageous in your end because once it will be release in your device model, it has been tested on other carrier already minimizing any issues.
    5:10 PM Nate: Dear Lord, that will take months!
    5:10 PM Nate: Yeah but we can't access MOST new apps like angry birds.
    5:12 PM Angela: For now, we can only wait for the update.
    5:13 PM Nate: But I'm a paying customer. My contract will end soon. What is going to keep me from choosing another device?
    5:14 PM Nate: No update= go to another phone.
    5:15 PM Angela: I understand your concern. But, I really don't have specific time when it would be release.
    5:17 PM Nate: Can you at least give me a webos doctor version of 1.4.5(to use at my own risk) so that I won't have to wait months for access to new apps?
    5:19 PM Angela: We don't have WebOS Doctor 1.4.5 for Verizon yet.

I missed this from earlier in this thread and I'm not sure how much faith to place in Angela's comments, but note in the above conversation the dialog from 4:59 to 5:01 where Angela from Palm is saying Pre Plus users will get 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeAFe View Post
    I missed this from earlier in this thread and I'm not sure how much faith to place in Angela's comments, but note in the above conversation the dialog from 4:59 to 5:01 where Angela from Palm is saying Pre Plus users will get 1.4.5.
    I realize that she said yes to your question about Verizon skipping to 1.5. But what she said after that did not make sense to me:

5:10 PM Angela: Yes.
    5:10 PM Angela: In your case, I would say that it's advantageous in your end because once it will be release in your device model, it has been tested on other carrier already minimizing any issues.

If she were talking about 1.5, I don't understand how 1.5 would have been tested on other carriers. Unless they already know that 1.5 for Verizon is going to be released later than the other carriers. But hopefully this is good news for the people were speculating that there would not be any further Verizon updates.
    I agree there is a part there where I don't understand Angela's answer, but Nate's question doesn't make sense either where he says:

5:09 PM Nate: Is it possible that vzw will skip 1.4.1 go straight to 1.5?

VZW is already on 1.4.1, perhaps he meant 1.4.5.
    no more speculation or he said/she said.

we want firm yes or no answers from either vzw or palm.

see my post earlier.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    i sent a tweet to Rahul Sood, Phil McKinney, and HP News on twitter. hopefully they can make some phone calls or at least give out some info. I know Rahul tweeted a few days ago that they have the updates and that we should ask for it but maybe they know more now.