Page 133 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 2953
    Hey Verizon can you hear US now?
    for verizon users this is nothing new -- they have stalled for weeks at every update before release -- there are threads exactly like this one for 1.4.1 -- entire threads that are just repeated here -- there are benifits to waiting

like all of the patches and ap will be updated by the time we get the updated os -- i am as frustrated as the next guy

we did not get out devices until a year after the sprint guys so what is a 4 - 6 week wait for an os update

that all being said -- man i frickin hope they release it soon -- i am getting really tired of seeing " that is not available for 1.4.1 right now
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Haha they just retweeted and said that it was just for the Pixi! Haahahahahahahahahaha Verizon hates us
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Haha they just retweeted and said that it was just for the Pixi! Haahahahahahahahahaha Verizon hates us
    When i read that on their twitter i did a double take. I sure hope they dont believe the update is solely for the Pixi...
    Well, ZC looks like he's finally made up his mind about WHAT PHONES 1.4.5 is rolling out to.

"The 1.4.5 update is actually only for the Pixi. Sorry for any miscommunication. *ZC"

Edit: Lol, am I slow.
    Last edited by DJ espeed; 09/05/2010 at 03:57 PM.
    @iTz_Nicholas72 The 1.4.5 update was for the Pixi.*TM
    10 minutes ago via Radian6 in reply to iTz_Nicholas72
    Well it makes sense. If you only have a couple hundred devices, why wastet the time and effort testing a release of an OS?

Granted, I'm sure it's more than that, but at some point the number is not large enough to justify the expense. If that really is the case they should offer all Pre+ owners the option of moving to a Pixi+ and dump the Pre+ all together...

This can't be making Palm happy at all.
    I'm hard pressed to believe this after we had heard lost from one of our own on this subject
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Does anyone know when the AT&T update is going to be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThirdLeg View Post
    Does anyone know when the AT&T update is going to be available?
    The support person on AT&T's twitter support page told me last week: @ahard32 We don't have any details to share right now.

There is speculation that AT&T is currently in the testing phase and expects to certify 1.4.5 by the end of this month. But again, that is speculation.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    talk about wildly inconsistent rumors, that I don't know what to believe anymore. Here are some things we've heard over the past few months.

vzw is supposed to get the "pre2", as suggested on phonearena.com.
    meanwhile, vzw was out of stock online, followed shortly by the pre plus being available again online, and, being offered as part of their prepaid plans. They release 1.4.5 for the pixi plus but because of testing and security issues they can't release it for the pre plus. The preplus has reached EOL status on vzw as of mid-october. WebOS 2.O will be available for the current webOS devices as well as possibly a new phone, so vzw will bypass 1.4.5 altogether and go to 2.0. Gps is palms fault, no it's vzw's fault.

excuse my language but *** is going on here??? Is it soooo hard for either vzw or palm to just make a clear cut statement to end this mess of conflicting and mind boggling rumors?

Either 1.4.5 is coming, or it's not.
    Either vzw will fix their gps issue, or not.
    Either 2.0 will be available to all current devices, including VZW, and that's the reason they haven't released 1.4.5, or
    it won't be available.

STOP SLINGING US AROUND. I'm FED UP
    man I hope ATT won't treat their pre plus owners the same way being the iPhone is their bread and butter....
    that's all I've been asking for from verizon. Honestly answer the requests for information, verizon. The problem is they will never admit that they are providing substandard support. They won't say they are going to stop supporting palm. So they just keep making ridiculous claims about security or hardware issues to deflect the blame back toward palm even though everyone knows it's verizons issue.
    Wow. I was thinking about switching from Sprint to Verizon for the next-gen Palm for the better coverage, but seeing as this may be a sign of only more half-assed support from them, count me out, I'm staying with Sprint.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    i think we should ambush the verizon forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    i think we should ambush the verizon forums
    have at it -- verizon will release the update when they are good and ready -- they might be testing it to see if there are any major bugs -- but then again maybe they are waiting for the entire precentral community ( a very small percentage of pre owners -- which is a very small percentage of their smart phone business) like i said maybe they are waiting for a lare number of posts to be ambushed upon them.... ---yes i am sure that is what it is --they have always bent to pressure from their customers..

don't get me wrong i want the update as much as you do-- verizon is following what ever procedures that they feel they must and then they will release the update. there is no reason they won't -- they have proven over and over that they release these things more slowly then other carriers -- not only for the palm phone but for black berry and android phones as well --- get over it -- it will show up and most likely fairly soon -- this is their motus to try to force the issue is only a waste of time and energy.

my opinion
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    YIKES!!!! Alot of people are going to be really mad if this is true.
    no where is the article does it say 1.4.5 is not coming to the pre plus. They basically got the same info all of us have received and that is "we have no information at this time". They have basically taken the little info verizon has given them and spun it into something else.