Page 130 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I have a question, I the Pixi Plus WebOS version so different than the Pre plus that it would take this long? Granted there are functionality differences but if problems are solved on the pixi plus that should put them more than half way to the problems on the pre plus shouldn't it?
    There was no "fix" on the Pixi Plus version, the version released is the same exact version everyone else has gotten. Everyone is on 1.4.5, there has not been a carrier worldwide to get a fix.
    "Anyone heard any hints whether the Pre Plus will be getting this, or is it going to be a matter of a class-action lawsuit?"...comment on everythingpre.com

This guy has the right idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I have a question, I the Pixi Plus WebOS version so different than the Pre plus that it would take this long? Granted there are functionality differences but if problems are solved on the pixi plus that should put them more than half way to the problems on the pre plus shouldn't it?
    Not at all. They've always come out together in previous updates
    Quote Originally Posted by turninginward View Post
    "Anyone heard any hints whether the Pre Plus will be getting this, or is it going to be a matter of a class-action lawsuit?"...comment on everythingpre.com

This guy has the right idea!

I had that idea as well. We should do this if they don't fix the GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I had that idea as well. We should do this if they don't fix the GPS.
    I hope this leads to a lawsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I hope this leads to a lawsuit.
    If someone is willing to supply the lawyer I'll do all the paperwork and collect signatures.
    Lawsuit? You got to be kidding. Webos 4.0 will be out before this ever makes it to court.

ET
    But will GPS be fully functional to all apps in 4.0?
    But will GPS be fully functional to all apps in 4.0?
    Doesn't matter, you would have to prove that VZW doesn't have security concerns about GPS or about rolling out updates before they feel they have fully tested them.

The fact that their update policy has been the same for all brands of phones, I don't think you are going to get very far on this one.

The main reason you wouldn't win the arguments posted above, is because, in their contract with Palm, they have authority to approve all updates before Palm can push them for said carrier. I am sure somewhere in that agreement, they have the right to refuse an update for any reason they want.

I could go on, but I won't..... sorry guys, but legal action on something like this isn't gonna be going down.
    Haha, Yeah I know Oldskool I just thought that guys post was pretty funny.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Just spoke with (another) VZW CS rep and asked how I could send a message to someone higher up that I want the update. She said to use the "contact us" section of the website because it goes directly to the higher ups. I don't know if that's accurate or not but I think it's worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusI View Post
    Just spoke with (another) VZW CS rep and asked how I could send a message to someone higher up that I want the update. She said to use the "contact us" section of the website because it goes directly to the higher ups. I don't know if that's accurate or not but I think it's worth a shot.
    That's a lie.... contact us pages are basically catch all's or help type e-mails, they aren't gonna go to folks in the top.
    I think Twitter is the best way to demand information. At least it was now they are ignoring all tweets about WebOS.
    Ok so I have been checking for the 1.4.5 webOS update for the verizon palm pixi and pre plus. I checked for my wifes phone and it said it today was available downloaded and installed fine. I checked on my palm pre plus and it said application updates available nothing for the webOS 1.4.5. I touched the application update link and it tok me to my apps but every app was up to date! So my question is.. Is it my phone or is it just that it's only available for the pixi plus right now?

any help will be greatly appriciated.

thanks soo much

boby
    pixi plus only
    ok thanks soo much! Will it be for the palm pre plus as well?
    Not that I care because I have the Pixi Plus but I hope it would be.

There are many people complaining on the VZW Support forums.
    Yea I can imagine! I am going to hop over there and check and join in to see if there is going to be a release and stuff. Thanks so much for the info!
    lemme know what u find out, im not going to join anything else verizon till they get their **** straight
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    I think Twitter is the best way to demand information. At least it was now they are ignoring all tweets about WebOS.
    They're prolly ignoring them b/c the same people are likely tweeting about it multiple times.
    Are you trying to hurt me?