Page 129 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2953
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Just spoke with Vzw support and he indicaed that it would be the end of september or early october before we would see the update. Also said that Palm is the one that pushes it out, not VZW.
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusI View Post
    Just spoke with Vzw support and he indicaed that it would be the end of september or early october before we would see the update. Also said that Palm is the one that pushes it out, not VZW.
    Palm does release the update, but only after getting the go-ahead from the carrier.
    ...said that Palm is the one that pushes it out, not VZW.
    VZW has to OK everything before it goes out on their network. No one gets puddin' until VZW has stuck their foot in it!
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    As was said above, I just want to clarify...... since many people hear and/or see comments like this and take them out of context (which is what the VZW support got you to do).

Once VZW okays the update for release, the only thing Palm does is host the files that get pushed out OTA. So technically Palm "pushes" the update from their servers, but that is only after VZW okays the update for public release (or doesn't and waits for the next update with whatever VZW wanted changed). The ball is wholly in VZW's court.
    @PapaCl1ck It is currently being rolled out. *ZC

@missedout The update for the Palm PRE has not been released at this time when we get info on it, it will be released.*TM

Damn... keep bugging them.
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    OK a little update... This is what I sent them: "@missedout @VZWSupport yes I was told via here from a ZC that 1.4.5 is being rolled out to our @palm #pre #plus so is it or isn't it!?"

This is what they sent me: "@PapaCl1ck There is one being rolled out but not for the Pre, sorry for the misunderstanding.*TM"
    Way to go Verizon at least you know your products!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I understand how the update process is supposed to work (palm sends it, vzw oks it, palm pushes it) I was merely repeating what customer service told me. I asked twice "so the update comes from palm, not Verizon?" and was told "Yes, we have no control of it". This was not scripted because he stopped me before I could finish the question, I got the sense that the guy really believed the info he was giving.
    Didn't they learn the whole "he said, she said" thing isn't good in the second grade?
    I understand how the update process is supposed to work (palm sends it, vzw oks it, palm pushes it) I was merely repeating what customer service told me. I asked twice "so the update comes from palm, not Verizon?" and was told "Yes, we have no control of it". This was not scripted because he stopped me before I could finish the question, I got the sense that the guy really believed the info he was giving.
    Or he was too lazy to claim responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Or he was too lazy to claim responsibility.
    Or just plain lying.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Or just plain lying.

-- Rod
    Well he does work for Verizon, so yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Or just plain lying.

-- Rod
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

@OptimusI

If you know how it works, why not call him on it when he says that to you. You know what CSR's want to do right? They want to get you off the phone, you aren't making em any money by calling and asking about your update.... and when it comes to something like this I am sure their employer isn't going to hold their feat to the fire for blaming Palm..... I would go so far to guess their employer doesn't care if they blame Palm.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I didn't have the time or energy to argue with him. Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow. I figure if enough people call enough times something might happen....at least one can hope. I mean, I play the lottery too so one or the other is bound to happen eventually. Though I may have a better chance with the lottery.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have a thread to encourage verizon to roll-out the new update, please help with this effort to push verizon into doing so!

"WebOS 1.4.5.1 roll out requests" in the Pre Plus support forums!
    Just went to the website page and it says the portal is not available for software updates!!!
    Keeping fingers crossed.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Plus for Verizon - Software update information and release notes for Palm Pre Plus for Verizon

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    it worked just fine for me. I just wanna play angry birds I dont care about the GPS issue cause i have the GPS fix and I dont really watch football I just want more games!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lonimera View Post
    I have a thread to encourage verizon to roll-out the new update, please help with this effort to push verizon into doing so!

"WebOS 1.4.5.1 roll out requests" in the Pre Plus support forums!
    Ahh... actually it's right here in the Official 1.4.5 thread now.

<<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have a question, I the Pixi Plus WebOS version so different than the Pre plus that it would take this long? Granted there are functionality differences but if problems are solved on the pixi plus that should put them more than half way to the problems on the pre plus shouldn't it?
    it really doesnt matter when the next update coimes, because verizon will wait about a month after the offical one comes out to add more of their crapware to the release