Page 128 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2878118123124125126127128129130131132133138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by hammyfart View Post
    Whats so new in 1.4.5? i didn't really notice anything different when i installed it?
    other than a few bug fixes, the biggest thing is PDK. In practical terms it means I can't buy Angry Birds until Verizon releases 1.4.5
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    all very true. the only benefit is that if you ask them, they probably recort the question so the carrier sees it being asked frequently. but please, do it nicely. those poor people are working from a script and just doing their job.
    WERD!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I had an equally frustrating chat with Palm about the AT&T update.

I was polite, but told them that they need to escalate these concerns because they're leaving LOTS of money on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    I had an equally frustrating chat with Palm about the AT&T update.

I was polite, but told them that they need to escalate these concerns because they're leaving LOTS of money on the table.
    Please read more about the issue and understand you need to be asking your CARRIER to escalate the issue. Your carrier is the one that has the end approval for the update release.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Please read more about the issue and understand you need to be asking your CARRIER to escalate the issue. Your carrier is the one that has the end approval for the update release.
    First off, I appreciate your advice, but I fully understand the issue. I am all for applying pressure from all angles. I have been talking with AT&T about this for weeks.

AT&T has been giving everyone the stiffarm on this issue as well, so I'm going to be bothering both of them about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by klemy View Post
    The only way to show you're unhappy with your service is to switch carriers when your contract is up. Theatening a CS Rep will get you nowhere. You can rant and rave all you want, but a CS Rep can't give the answers that they don't have.
    I would like to think no one would be switching carriers just to get a wimpy release like 1.4.5. Big Red knows that.

ET
    The only good thing about the delay is that I'll have more money for apps since I finally found a new job! Angry Birds here I come!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    The only good thing about the delay is that I'll have more money for apps since I finally found a new job! Angry Birds here I come!!!
    Congrats on the new job man.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'm waiting to overclock until I have this update... gimme, FFS!
    Maybe not because of this "wimpy update" but maybe because the phones they have do not have any support after about a month.

edit: Also, I played with the droid x today waiting to get a new pre (not one in 60 miles of me) and it is so slow compared to a frozen penguin that I am perplexed why people want that?
    Last edited by turninginward; 09/01/2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: update
    im kind of starting to not care about 1.4.5 anymore. its still the same old OS for the most part. bring on 2.0! (im on ATT)
    Just bring PDK. I don't care how, just do it. Call it an update or not, I'm pretty sure VZW and ATT customers are entitled to it, or at least a set date of sorts.

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    I think we're sort of approaching the torch & pitchfork stage here...
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I think we're sort of approaching the torch & pitchfork stage here...
    I agree I asked @VZWSupport if we could opt out of our as of now obsolete phones but haven't gotten any sort of answer yet. And like I stated earlier what crap phone would we go to.

edit: Hpalm where are you when your loyal OS followers are in need? Bahamas maybe?
    VZW has the update, but they refuse to release it. An HP exec (Rahul Sood) says on twitter:

#palm customers, you want game? the carriers have their updates. get together & ask for 1.4.5! @precentral @aboutwebos @webosworld

and again:

..the carriers have 1.4.5, they release it when they are ready. persuasive customers might help nudge them (be nice!)

So verizon.....why THE HECK has 1.4.5 not been released yet? You have it but will not give it to us. We are getting extreely frustrated with the delay. At least give us a time frame!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I'm waiting to overclock until I have this update... gimme, FFS!
    ...uberkernel is OTA safe...juss sayin'...

...what is verizon "doing with it"????
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    ...omg...verizon doesn't give a crap about palm users...PERIOD...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    So I sent a tweet to @vzwsupport saying "Ok @verizon @vzwsupport us @palm #pre #plus user would like 1.4.5 we have been told by palm you guys have it. So lets send It out" and I got a response from them saying "@PapaCl1ck It is currently being rolled out. *ZC" So I'm not sure what kinda of time frame "being rolled out" is but it's something at this point. All I can say is do what Rahul said and bug them.
    I have a feeling our pushing and prodding has something to do with them "rolling it out".
    They had the balls to actually respond to my angry tweet. I swear, if GPS doesn't get fixed, I will rip them a new one to the greatest possible extent of the law.

Twitter / VZW Support: @IGNTNUNLMTD Unfortunately ...