Page 127 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2953
    Lets start asking them when we are getting 2.0 haha
    2.0 I know right bug the heck out of them

edit: WebOS 2.0 hitting for Verizon and AT&T in late 2014!!! maybe.
    Last edited by turninginward; 08/31/2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    AT&T has a twitter account: @ATTCustomerCare

Flood 'em!
    Just did it.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Lets start asking them when we are getting 2.0 haha
    Hehe. Yeah, we better start asking now b/c I suspect that Palm will release 2.0 to current phones in Dec. Which means that AT&T and Verizon won't release it until August 2011. But Verizon most likely will release 2.0 on the Pixi first.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My convo with Verizon on the matter:

Me:
    @VZWSupport Then when can we expect info on webOS 1.4.5?
    https://twitter.com/jthomp/status/22650892191

Their reply:
    @jthomp Palm pixi update was rolled out 8-30-10 no info on when the Palm pre will be available...*SR
    https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/22653978053

My reply (unanswered):
    @VZWSupport Understood. Just wondering when you can expect to have info.
    https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/22653978053

===

Why are they ignoring us? We get they don't have info on 1.4.5 (or so they claim), but why can't they just say what the hold up is and put an end to it?
    who is with me flood V like flippin el nino!!
    copy and paste that's it I am grabbin a beer with a couple buds and I am gonna flood like flipping Katrina... to soon?

edit: dude i am done... 25 tweets so far
    Last edited by turninginward; 08/31/2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: update
    Tweeted
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Here is a chat session I had with Palm confirming that Verizon will most likely not get 1.4.5 for the Pre+ and skip to 1.5

4:46 PM Connecting...
    4:46 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    4:46 PM Support session established with Angela.

4:46 PM Angela: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Angela. How can I help you today?
    4:47 PM Nate: Just wondering why pixi plus users got webos 1.4.5 today but pre+ users have not.
    4:48 PM Angela: Let me verify, you wanted to know regarding the release of 1.4.5 version. Right?
    4:49 PM Nate: yes, specifically why pixi plus users got webos 1.4.5 today but pre+ users have not.
    4:50 PM Angela: Right now, Palm release the 1.4.5 for Pixi Plus only. We don't have news yet for the Palm Pre Plus.
    4:50 PM Nate: What is taking so long?
    4:50 PM Angela: For Palm Pre plus, it is still in the works.
    4:51 PM Nate: Why? spint pre users already have it too.
    4:51 PM Angela: I understand your concern. However, we don’t have any specific information right now.
    4:52 PM Nate: You don't understand. Otherwise you would get some answers for verizon pre users. We don't have access to almost all new apps released.
    4:52 PM Angela: Don't worry we will be submitting this inquiry to our Palm engineers. As soon as it will be available. It will be delivered through the Over-the-air updates.
    4:53 PM Nate: And when will that be?
    4:53 PM Angela: No specific time frame yet.
    4:55 PM Nate: There are rumors that the update will never come to verizon users. Are you abandoning verizon palm users because the pre+ is being EOL?
    4:56 PM Angela: No, we're not. There hasn't been any announcement for that matter.
    4:59 PM Angela: Just wait for the updates for the PrePlus. They are working on it.
    4:59 PM Nate: Yeah because you don't want to lose customers. But verizon's EOL date for the per+ is end of october.
    5:00 PM Nate: We are getting impatient enough with all the canned answers coming from vzw/palm.
    5:00 PM Nate Farrell: It's extremely frustrating not getting any straight answers.
    5:01 PM Angela: Unfortunately, we can't provide specific time frame. But, rest assured that it will come out.
    5:04 PM Nate: I'm not so much concerned with when. I want to know why. Why is the burning question here. Why does sprint have it and not verizon?
    5:04 PM Nate: Why does the pixi have it but not the pre+?
    5:06 PM Angela: Updates is specific to each device on every carrier. That's why they don't release the updates at once to all carriers and devices.
    5:09 PM Nate: Is it possible that vzw will skip 1.4.1 go straight to 1.5?
    5:10 PM Angela: Yes.
    5:10 PM Angela: In your case, I would say that it's advantageous in your end because once it will be release in your device model, it has been tested on other carrier already minimizing any issues.
    5:10 PM Nate: Dear Lord, that will take months!
    5:10 PM Nate: Yeah but we can't access MOST new apps like angry birds.
    5:12 PM Angela: For now, we can only wait for the update.
    5:13 PM Nate: But I'm a paying customer. My contract will end soon. What is going to keep me from choosing another device?
    5:14 PM Nate: No update= go to another phone.
    5:15 PM Angela: I understand your concern. But, I really don't have specific time when it would be release.
    5:17 PM Nate: Can you at least give me a webos doctor version of 1.4.5(to use at my own risk) so that I won't have to wait months for access to new apps?
    5:19 PM Angela: We don't have WebOS Doctor 1.4.5 for Verizon yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion677 View Post
    Here is a chat session I had with Palm confirming that Verizon will most likely not get 1.4.5 for the Pre+ and skip to 1.5

4:46 PM Connecting...
    4:46 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    4:46 PM Support session established with Angela.

4:46 PM Angela: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Angela. How can I help you today?
    4:47 PM Nate: Just wondering why pixi plus users got webos 1.4.5 today but pre+ users have not.
    4:48 PM Angela: Let me verify, you wanted to know regarding the release of 1.4.5 version. Right?
    4:49 PM Nate: yes, specifically why pixi plus users got webos 1.4.5 today but pre+ users have not.
    4:50 PM Angela: Right now, Palm release the 1.4.5 for Pixi Plus only. We don't have news yet for the Palm Pre Plus.
    4:50 PM Nate: What is taking so long?
    4:50 PM Angela: For Palm Pre plus, it is still in the works.
    4:51 PM Nate: Why? spint pre users already have it too.
    4:51 PM Angela: I understand your concern. However, we donít have any specific information right now.
    4:52 PM Nate: You don't understand. Otherwise you would get some answers for verizon pre users. We don't have access to almost all new apps released.
    4:52 PM Angela: Don't worry we will be submitting this inquiry to our Palm engineers. As soon as it will be available. It will be delivered through the Over-the-air updates.
    4:53 PM Nate: And when will that be?
    4:53 PM Angela: No specific time frame yet.
    4:55 PM Nate: There are rumors that the update will never come to verizon users. Are you abandoning verizon palm users because the pre+ is being EOL?
    4:56 PM Angela: No, we're not. There hasn't been any announcement for that matter.
    4:59 PM Angela: Just wait for the updates for the PrePlus. They are working on it.
    4:59 PM Nate: Yeah because you don't want to lose customers. But verizon's EOL date for the per+ is end of october.
    5:00 PM Nate: We are getting impatient enough with all the canned answers coming from vzw/palm.
    5:00 PM Nate Farrell: It's extremely frustrating not getting any straight answers.
    5:01 PM Angela: Unfortunately, we can't provide specific time frame. But, rest assured that it will come out.
    5:04 PM Nate: I'm not so much concerned with when. I want to know why. Why is the burning question here. Why does sprint have it and not verizon?
    5:04 PM Nate: Why does the pixi have it but not the pre+?
    5:06 PM Angela: Updates is specific to each device on every carrier. That's why they don't release the updates at once to all carriers and devices.
    5:09 PM Nate: Is it possible that vzw will skip 1.4.1 go straight to 1.5?
    5:10 PM Angela: Yes.
    5:10 PM Angela: In your case, I would say that it's advantageous in your end because once it will be release in your device model, it has been tested on other carrier already minimizing any issues.
    5:10 PM Nate: Dear Lord, that will take months!
    5:10 PM Nate: Yeah but we can't access MOST new apps like angry birds.
    5:12 PM Angela: For now, we can only wait for the update.
    5:13 PM Nate: But I'm a paying customer. My contract will end soon. What is going to keep me from choosing another device?
    5:14 PM Nate: No update= go to another phone.
    5:15 PM Angela: I understand your concern. But, I really don't have specific time when it would be release.
    5:17 PM Nate: Can you at least give me a webos doctor version of 1.4.5(to use at my own risk) so that I won't have to wait months for access to new apps?
    5:19 PM Angela: We don't have WebOS Doctor 1.4.5 for Verizon yet.
    lol looks like you tried hard! If I were a PDK dev I would sue Verizon. Do you know how much money they are costing them in app sales?!?!
    I wonder if VZW would give us a buggy piece of crap of an update if we keep bugging them......nah, doubt it.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    This is insane. They keep pointing the finger at one another. Maybe we need to start tweeting at the dev relatons guys to get answers.
    I tweeted @attcustomercare last night and her exact words were "We don't have any details to share right now". So much for being responsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion677 View Post
    Once again, they are READING FROM A SCRIPT. Ohhh and the whole fact that VZW controls the update, this has nothing to do with Palm not releasing the update or abandoning anyone. BTW, I don't see anywhere where it makes it "likely" that VZW will be skipping to 1.5, you asked if that was possible and got an answer yes. That means nothing, there may not be a public 1.5 release for all anyone knows (including the CSR).

I know you and some others still don't want to believe it, but 2 facts we know to be true (especially if you read through the update threads): 1. Customer Service Reps are working from a script, they have no special knowledge. 2. The carrier controls approval of the release of an update before Palm can push the update, VZW is KNOW for being slow to approve updates for all types of phones on their network (they have a history of this).
    LOL! Just checked @VZWSupport's twitter page. This is 11 of the last 20 posts from @VZWSupport:

"As soon as we have information about the update we will pass it along.*TM"

Seems they are getting bombarded with it. Oh, and that does not even include ones they didn't respond to. They have all but blocked me. LOL They never respond anymore.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    lol, @vzwsupport has started to just paste the same thing to everyone. must be nice to get paid to hit ctrl+v to everyone. a few of their pasted replies were to questions that were not even about updates. Must be the easiest customer service script ever. Verizon CS is such a joke :\
    The only way to show you're unhappy with your service is to switch carriers when your contract is up. Theatening a CS Rep will get you nowhere. You can rant and rave all you want, but a CS Rep can't give the answers that they don't have.

It sucks that we are stuck with no update still. I get that, but internat chatting with a HelpDesk employee isn't going to get any answers. Verizon is always slow with this stuff. We know that, right? It's part of the territory when you choose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sviatapolk View Post
    Is this not available for Verizon Pre Plus yet? I'm still on 1.4.1.1 and I've checked the update icon.
    Exactly. Not yet available for Verizon customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by klemy View Post
    The only way to show you're unhappy with your service is to switch carriers when your contract is up. Theatening a CS Rep will get you nowhere. You can rant and rave all you want, but a CS Rep can't give the answers that they don't have.

It sucks that we are stuck with no update still. I get that, but internat chatting with a HelpDesk employee isn't going to get any answers. Verizon is always slow with this stuff. We know that, right? It's part of the territory when you choose them.
    all very true. the only benefit is that if you ask them, they probably recort the question so the carrier sees it being asked frequently. but please, do it nicely. those poor people are working from a script and just doing their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    all very true. the only benefit is that if you ask them, they probably recort the question so the carrier sees it being asked frequently. but please, do it nicely. those poor people are working from a script and just doing their job.
    Exactly. That's all you can hope for with those calls/chats. Being a jerk to them might make you feel better, but it ruins their day and they aren't the ones causing your problem. I must just be on a nice guy day...