Page 124 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2953
    Well that's a bummer. =/ Here's to hoping it comes out sometime today.

Edit: 2:30am Mountain Time and no 1.4.5... on my Pre. Any Pixi users getting the update?
    Last edited by DJ espeed; 08/30/2010 at 03:31 AM.
    usually when they state a release day... it doesn't come out until the evening. At least that's my experience.
    Nothing here in CT at 10am and @VZWSupport on Twitter claims they know nothing still. Im thinking today is going to be a let down for all of us. *sigh*
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    More patience....

I dare no one to post about "still no update" until this evening, after 5pm ET...
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    What I love is how all of the emails from Verizon vary so much. Its like they take a chunk from several scripts and mesh them together into any format the rep wants. None of them are identical. Very strange.

As for the question of what time or how they send out updates Im wondering this as well. I see from their Twitter that they say they roll out in random batches so people get them in waves. With Sprint it seemed like everyone got them at the same time. One person said update and we all hit it and sure enough it was there. It doesnt seem as though thats how Verizon works it so once someone gets the first go ahead itll be interesting to see how long until everyone is up to speed.
    As to the e-mails, I can say most likely that is exactly what happens. They have form e-mails, but not all are used or applied the same way. Especially when they say start chopping info from an update questions and another question (say GPS). I saw this with knowledge of people that answer help desk type questions. People are given vary vague response e-mails with specific instructions what to do with them. For many people this is fine and they use these e-mails to a point where it may not even answer the question being asked (for someone that more fully understands the information they are giving). This may not make sense, but I have seen it first hand, because I have gotten involved further down the chain from people answering help desk, and seeing that the information they gave out was way more information than the person originally needed. The other thing that happens, is the responses then start getting chopped together or modified by the people answering the questions (usually without full knowledge or understanding of the question they are answering)... as this goes on you then end up seeing various responses, that people take as the truth (because they are coming from a CSR or "Tech Support", etc).

As far as the roll out question I can't give you any specifics other than Sprint/Palm rolls out in groups as well. HardBeatz has gone over the process somewhere on the forums. But the rollout to groups of X amount of people is for the push download (the one that downloads when you have EV signal and will take a random amount of time and days), once the update is available to you as a subscriber you can choose to download at any time (using the update app). Sorry for not being more specific, but I don't want to misspeak on the specific details beyond that.

From my understanding this is to save bandwidth on the Palm servers (and overall load). So that the update isn't pushed to every *insert carrier here* subscriber at the same exact time. When it comes to manual downloads obviously it is going to be a small % of the total user base mashing on the check for update button. Beyond that there does appear to be some form of location based prioritization (maybe date/time), like when "GuyFromNam" got updates before anyone else (at least on the forums)...
    What I love is how all of the emails from Verizon vary so much. Its like they take a chunk from several scripts and mesh them together into any format the rep wants. None of them are identical. Very strange.

As for the question of what time or how they send out updates Im wondering this as well. I see from their Twitter that they say they roll out in random batches so people get them in waves. With Sprint it seemed like everyone got them at the same time. One person said update and we all hit it and sure enough it was there. It doesnt seem as though thats how Verizon works it so once someone gets the first go ahead itll be interesting to see how long until everyone is up to speed.
    That's exactly what they do. They are all following a script until you get to tier 2 technicians.

When you open a chat session for any vendor, they are working from a script. That's why you get so many "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" statements when they don't seem necessary. They are hitting buttons that deliver canned responses based on a response map in their script.
    From @VZWSupport on Twitter:

@OrionAntares The update rolled out for the palm pixi today..*SR
    8 minutes ago via Radian6 in reply to OrionAntares

Looks to me like they are saying it is coming out today? I tweeted asking for them to confirm. If they do Ill post it here.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    so.. Pixi is getting the update. Anyone heard anything about the Pre?
    I'm frantically tapping the get updates refresh button on my pixi. No luck yet. Then again, I don't know why I'm trying so hard. From what I've read of the patch it doesn't add much just the graphics stuff or whatever.
    From what I can tell on Twitter it's only the Pixi which I think is sucky. Nothing yet for me either and no reply yet from Verizon.
    Melissa
    I keep checking the update app as well on my pixi, nothing yet. Fingers crossed.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I guess they're splitting it up because of what it adds to the Pixi vs the Pre. Maybe they think if there's an issue it will affect too many units at once. Still, the amount of time its taking is ridiculous. Still hoping we'll see both updates today.
    *downloading now*
    well I'm glad someone has gotten it. So it's actually happening. Yay! Guess I just have to wait my turn
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    From what I can tell on Twitter it's only the Pixi which I think is sucky. Nothing yet for me either and no reply yet from Verizon.
    Here's what I got from VZWSupport after seeing your note:

@jrronimo At this time we do not have information for the Palm Pre update release. *AN
    Twitter / VZW Support: @jrronimo At this time we ...

:C
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    edit: beat to it x(

I certainly hope that the reason for the delay is they are trying to push a fix for the gps issue in the very next update. This, however, is still horribly ridiculous.
    Someone actually really really got it? Yeah baby! Need For Speed here I come! Well not yet since I dont have the upadte but you know what I mean. lol

Question. I kind of get why the update would be different for the Pre vs Pixi with the Pixi needing 3D and whatever. But why would Verizon hold back the update from the Pre to fix GPS? Isnt GPS an issue on both Pre and Pixi? I know for myself we went to PA last weekend and I purchased the Verizon Nav to see how it would work. It was a total nightmare. I had the fix and patch already installed and kept switching between Verizon, Google and BFG Maps none of which worked. Thankfully we knew where we were going but several roads were out on our route and nothing managed to get us around them. Just finding our location took forever if it found us at all. We finally gave up and asked for directions which was as painful for me as it was for my husband lol. When we came home I instantly killed Verizon Nav as it didnt seem worth anything. Then a few days later I had to go to work at a place Ive never been. I ended up using the fix with Google and it did the trick ok'ish. Again it took a good amount of time to find my location but once it found me I was ok. If I took a wrong turn though which I did twice it again had to find me and that took more time. This is something I definitely miss from Sprint.

Now that Ive gone totally off track here Ill go back to hitting update every 15 seconds!
    Melissa
    I'm getting ready to call shenannigans on iTz Nicholas72
    Last edited by tbaleno; 08/30/2010 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    *downloading now*
    JK JK I'm a Pre user.

I'm still waiting...
    Well if Pixi really is getting it, I hope the Pre update isn't that far away.