Page 123 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2953
    [QUOTE=sipple31;2629956][URL]

calls would have more impact than email in this case.

who knows, they might be planning to launch 2.0 next week. I'm sure they have reasons, but the pressure should still let them know it's important to their customers.
    I received this email back from Verizon on Wednesday:

My name is Christie and I would like the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry regarding the release date for the Palm Webos 1.4.5.. I understand your concern regarding when the release will be available and understand the new software will allow you to do more with your Palm Pre Plus.

Palm is currently working on releasing the Palm Webos 1.4.5 however we do not have an estimated date on when the software will be available. Once we are notified from Palm we will be able to provide the release date. Once the software is available it will be pushed to your phones to update the software.

You may check the palm website for additional information regarding when the software will be released.

Your comments have been forwarded to our Leadership department regarding the concern our customers have with the release date for the Palm Webos update. Hopefully we will have a release date soon so you will be able to take full advantage of the software updates for your phone. I apologize fora any inconvenience this has caused.

I have confirmed that we do not have a release date for the Palm Webos 1.4.5. I hope the information I have provided has been helpful. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,
    Christie
    Verizon Wireless
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Here's my method, may or may not be effective:

Twitter / Matt: day 2 of silence from @Pal ...
    Reposting (and paraphrasing) a post of mine that got deleted after some more thread merging.

Even though the 30th is when the Pixi Pluses are supposed to be updated, I'll be tapping that update button on my Pre Plus. It would seem like they're pushing the updates for only the Pixi's, but you just can't be sure these days.
    Verizon Wireless is just preparing to surprise us, that's all! It's like being 10 years old again and waiting for Christmas morning...but it's only August...
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    Verizon Wireless is just preparing to surprise us, that's all! It's like being 10 years old again and waiting for Christmas morning...but it's only August...
    I really hope so!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ espeed View Post
    Reposting (and paraphrasing) a post of mine that got deleted after some more thread merging.

Even though the 30th is when the Pixi Pluses are supposed to be updated, I'll be tapping that update button on my Pre Plus. It would seem like they're pushing the updates for only the Pixi's, but you just can't be sure these days.
    None of your posts was deleted:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2629487
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    YES! I love the way you think! Hey wait. Im 36 and I still wait for Christmas morning. Mostly just wait to see if my dogs tore open all the gifts during that 45 mins of sleep I manage to catch before the kids wake up but its still exciting!
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    All of this is really good to know, as here's the reply I received from VZW on 8/25 regarding when we were going to get the update:

"Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is (removed) and I'm happy to assist you with your inquiry about the Palm. At this time we do not have any information that our company is in the process of working on a software update for the Palm. Should one become available if a date is reached that we will offer this to customers, you will find then steps to upgrade and the link to get the software on our website; support.vzw.com."

Hope the other reps knew more that this guy!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Just talked to Verizon after getting a message I was going over my talk minutes. I asked when the update was coming, she looked it up on her computer and said 8/30. She said the computer said it would improve the Hotspot app and add 3D games, as well as other improvements. She didn't know anything; just read it off her screen.
    Here's wish Big Red folks luck on Monday. Of course us Apple Tyranny and Trash people are left on the curb all alone.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdunn View Post
    Just talked to Verizon after getting a message I was going over my talk minutes. I asked when the update was coming, she looked it up on her computer and said 8/30. She said the computer said it would improve the Hotspot app and add 3D games, as well as other improvements. She didn't know anything; just read it off her screen.
    Interesting. So we have one person here with an email from VZW and another with a phone conversation with VZW and the guy on Twitter Ive been in touch with all telling us the 30th. I think even though its only 3 people its about the closest weve come to an actual date so far! Oh and we have that other person who says a dev told him the 28th which would also mesh with the 30th since the 28th is the weekend. Not going to hold my breath but Im getting my hopes up just a teenie bit for us Pixi+ users!

For those on the Pre+ and on ATT Im crossing my fingers that the 30th turns out to be a good day for all of you waiting as well!
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    For those on the Pre+ and on ATT Im crossing my fingers that the 30th turns out to be a good day for all of you waiting as well!
    Doubt it. ATT is supposedly testing 1.4.5 and that it will be late Sept according to a poster.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I wonder what she meant by it "improves" the Mobile Hotspot app. Fingers crossed for 8/30!
    I wrote to VZ about the update and also the GPS issue. Here's the response I got...evidently this rep is not aware of the 30th update???? I received this response this morning 8/29.

Good morning, my name is (removed). I apologize for any inconvenience caused by not receiving the Palm software update. You are an important part of Verizon Wireless and we appreciate your continued business. I am glad to hear you are enjoying the Palm Pre as it is a great phone. I am showing the last update is 4.1.1 which was released on April 26, 2010. Although I do not have an exact release date, please be assured that if Palm provided the other wireless users an update, they will not leave out Verizon Wireless Palm users. Additionally

In regards to the GPS feature, it should be working for you. I am not showing any known issues related to Google Maps at this time. If you are using Google Maps, make sure the your location is set to be on. Here are the steps: Tap and slide finger up on center gesture area > Tap Location Services > Select Auto Locate On. If Google Maps is still not functioning properly, we will need to troubleshoot more to determine the cause of the issue and the resolution. Please call us at 800-922-0204 from an alternate phone. Please have your wireless phone charged and available when you call. I am including below additional information about your concerns with your GPS locator chip in your phone.

At Verizon Wireless we value the security and privacy of our subscriber data and user information and we have taken this into account in the development of our location-based services, which include GPS (Global Positioning Services) functionality. To alleviate concerns regarding access to data by malicious applications and misuse of location information, Verizon Wireless' location-based services utilize a solution that requires each location request to be authenticated and accepted prior to a user's location being obtained through the network and used by authorized applications. This solution requires the use of a custom security API (Application Programming Interface) by authorized applications in order to minimize the potential for "man in the middle" attacks and misuse of information by "bad actors. While we would like you to use our VZ Navigator, you are more than welcome to download a location based service application.

Verizon Wireless is aggressively working to expand its suite of location-based services in a way that does not compromise our dedication to privacy and security while still offering value and flexibility to the customer.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    So, if verizon were to roll out 1.45 would it start at midnight? What timezone do they use? Or does someone there just manually push the switch at a random time during the day?
    Quote Originally Posted by jthompson View Post
    I wonder what she meant by it "improves" the Mobile Hotspot app. Fingers crossed for 8/30!

If I know VZW, it means that they can now charge for it....... I kid.

Really hoping for 1.4.5 so I can play Angry Birds!
    What I love is how all of the emails from Verizon vary so much. Its like they take a chunk from several scripts and mesh them together into any format the rep wants. None of them are identical. Very strange.

As for the question of what time or how they send out updates Im wondering this as well. I see from their Twitter that they say they roll out in random batches so people get them in waves. With Sprint it seemed like everyone got them at the same time. One person said update and we all hit it and sure enough it was there. It doesnt seem as though thats how Verizon works it so once someone gets the first go ahead itll be interesting to see how long until everyone is up to speed.
    Melissa
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    So, does anyone have any real info from AT&T about this stupid update? The AT&T Customer Service twitter account is blaming Palm, and Palm is completely silent (to me anyway).

The effective shrinking of the App Catalog is really getting on my nerves.
    12:15 EST on 8/30 and no 1.4.5 for VZ.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.