Page 122 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2953
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I really hope AT&T gets this update out some day. If they pull this when 2.0 comes out, I'll have to think long and hard about whether I want to keep my Pre+. I hate to 'punish' Palm like that for AT&T's problems, but as more apps start requiring 1.4.5 and up, the more troublesome this is going to become.
    mpfef, if your carrier does that to one phone, they will do it to others.... just remember that. It's not like Palm is a dying company, they have HP money behind them.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    mpfef, if your carrier does that to one phone, they will do it to others.... just remember that. It's not like Palm is a dying company, they have HP money behind them.
    Well, I still have my Nexus One (with AT&T 3G band support) as my backup phone, and I can do whatever I want with the firmware on that one. I prefer webOS to Android though. The biggest problem I see is that as palm adds new APIs to the OS, the longer carriers drag their feet, the more it affects the users, because more and more apps are going to REQUIRE the new versions of the OS. The App Catalog will effectively start shrinking for those of us who aren't able to upgrade.
    I didn't get an Android phone because of the splintering of the OS. Versions of it were scattered from 1.5 to 2.2. I didn't want to play that game. Guess what I got now with the PRE. THANKS Apple Tyranny & Trash. Oh yeah, shame on you too BIG RED.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    It's getting incredibly irritating waiting on Verizon for this. All my friends on Sprint have it and are using the new games/apps that require it. Come on Verizon, get with it.
    Got a reply from an e-mail I sent VZW:

My name is (removed) and I am happy to assist you with your inquiry regarding the 1.4.5 software upgrade. In review of my technical guides, I found that Verizon Wireless will be releasing the 1.4.5 software update for the Palm Pixie Plus as of August 30, 2010; however, I do not have a release date for the Palm Pre Plus. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Rest assured, since we are release the 1.4.5 software update for the Palm Pixie Plus, we will also release this update for the Palm Pre Plus soon. The reason for the delay is that Verizon Wireless performs additional tests beyond what the manufacturer does in order ensure the phone and software will work efficiently and error free on the Verizon Wireless network. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I trust that I was able to assist you with software upgrade inquiry today. Thank you for being a valued customer of Verizon Wireless. We appreciate your business. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
    (removed)

ouch!
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    August 30th. There you go, (VZW) Pixi Plus users. Woo... moar elevator moosiks for teh longer wait times... >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    Got a reply from an e-mail I sent VZW:

My name is (removed) and I am happy to assist you with your inquiry regarding the 1.4.5 software upgrade. In review of my technical guides, I found that Verizon Wireless will be releasing the 1.4.5 software update for the Palm Pixie Plus as of August 30, 2010; however, I do not have a release date for the Palm Pre Plus. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Rest assured, since we are release the 1.4.5 software update for the Palm Pixie Plus, we will also release this update for the Palm Pre Plus soon. The reason for the delay is that Verizon Wireless performs additional tests beyond what the manufacturer does in order ensure the phone and software will work efficiently and error free on the Verizon Wireless network. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I trust that I was able to assist you with software upgrade inquiry today. Thank you for being a valued customer of Verizon Wireless. We appreciate your business. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
    (removed)

that's good news. At least we know the update is coming out for sure. Hopefuly the delay is to fix the gps issue. One can hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    that's good news. At least we know the update is coming out for sure. Hopefuly the delay is to fix the gps issue. One can hope.
    True - it is kinda good news. But, why would they be releasing them at different times?
    The 30th is the same date the guy on Twitter told me now. He says it was delayed from yesterday and would start to roll out on the 30th. I didnt believe him to be quite honest but now maybe hes right!
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    We'll see what happens in the next couple days.....maybe VZW is trying to get some of their apps on the Pre+ (hoping for NFL Mobile) and taking time doing it. Or, maybe their "fixing" networking features to make sure we get properly charged.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Maybe the person just found a tech doc on the pixi but couldn't find one on the pre. Just because they couldn't find the tec doc doesn't mean pre won't be out at the same time. So you pre guys still have hope.
    Has any carrier ever split an update before? Seems like it's easier to do both pre & pixi together no?
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    I agree. I suggest us Verizon users start calling into Verizon and complaining that 1.4.5 isn't out yet. This is absolutely absurd. Two major problems on the Pre and Verizon is keeping us from fixes:

- Security hole with texting
    - Can't download any new apps!

I called the other day and complained. If you do call, remember to opt to take the survey following the call so you can complain about how they aren't releasing 1.4.5 there too. LIkely a manager will call back if you rate the performance of the call a mid level or low level. Then you can complain that they never have any info and you're stuck with a phone that won't update it's apps because Verizon is sitting on it.

Comon already Verizon. This is tiring and I'm not going to Android....
    If you're on these networks, please call them. Flood them with calls each day until it's so annoying for them they'll just release it to stop the calls. This is tiring. We can't get any new apps and we have a security hole. When is Verizon even going to release an announcement?
    It doesn't look like VZW has in the past, and I'm certain no other carrier has done it. I agree, seems like it's pretty inefficient doing it the way VZW wants to. But I'll try tapping the update button on the 30th JUST to be sure. =/
    [QUOTE=sipple31;2629944][url]

rather than sending email, calling them will be more effective...
    Agreed - just showing that I already got a reply and a release date out of them.