Page 121 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2953
    I wondered that too. Also wondering why the Pre+ is on the Verizon phase out list but the Pixi+ isnt as far as Ive seen. They wouldnt update just the Pixi+ and not the Pre+ since they are phasing it out would they?
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    I posted this on another thread but figured I would put it here as well for the Verizon people watching this thread. Yesterday I emailed Verizon asking why their support page for the Pixi+ says the update is available. Here is the reply I got this morning. The interesting thing is she says the update was available on the 11th. I went back in this thread and Sprint got the update on the 10th late at night my time but the download wasnt working for most people until the 11th early morning. Heres the reply:

Good Afternoon Ms. *******,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Vernette, and I personally apologize for the delay in responding to your recent inquiry. I understand you would like to know when the software update will be available to the 1.4.5.1 update. I apologize for any inconvience this has caused you. Im sure you're excited to have your devices updated. I will be happy to provide information regarding the software update.

Ms. *******, first, I would like to thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless as your wireless service provider. I have reviewed the software update and show this update became available as of 8/11/2010. When it's time for your handset to be updated, you will receive a text or email with the instructions on how to update the software over the air. Over the air means you will be provided codes to enter on the handset.

Ms. *******, again, I apologize for any inconvience this has caused you. I hope the information regarding the software update was helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. You truly are a valued customer, and we look forward to hearing from you. We thank you again for choosing Verizon Wireless for your wireless needs. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Vernette

Verizon Wireless Customer Service

Edited to add screenshots of my email to Verizon and the reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by haapala; 08/25/2010 at 12:26 PM.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I posted this on another thread but figured I would put it here as well for the Verizon people watching this thread. Yesterday I emailed Verizon asking why their support page for the Pixi+ says the update is available. Here is the reply I got this morning. The interesting thing is she says the update was available on the 11th. I went back in this thread and Sprint got the update on the 10th late at night my time but the download wasnt working for most people until the 11th early morning. Heres the reply:

Good Afternoon Ms. *******,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Vernette, and I personally apologize for the delay in responding to your recent inquiry. I understand you would like to know when the software update will be available to the 1.4.5.1 update. I apologize for any inconvience this has caused you. Im sure you're excited to have your devices updated. I will be happy to provide information regarding the software update.

Ms. *******, first, I would like to thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless as your wireless service provider. I have reviewed the software update and show this update became available as of 8/11/2010. When it's time for your handset to be updated, you will receive a text or email with the instructions on how to update the software over the air. Over the air means you will be provided codes to enter on the handset.

Ms. *******, again, I apologize for any inconvience this has caused you. I hope the information regarding the software update was helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. You truly are a valued customer, and we look forward to hearing from you. We thank you again for choosing Verizon Wireless for your wireless needs. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Vernette

Verizon Wireless Customer Service

Edited to add screenshots of my email to Verizon and the reply.
    SWEET! So it'll be available on the 11th.

Oh....wait....
    Yep. The 11th of never lmao!
    Melissa
    Yay! I can't wait until the 11th of Septoberuary!
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    I think it is available August 11th, just the 11th of next year.

ET
    if you have a plus on verizon or att then call and complain you dont have 1.4.5 yet, they dont know your complaining about it. write engadet, gizmondo all the rest. that about sums it up.

they wont do anything until there is a demand. so start calling and voicing your concern. i know many people including myself that called and complained we didnt have 1.4.5 yet when other countries had it for nearly a month. it came. time is ticking away, call customer service and remind them that developers cannot play their own games unless they have 1.4.5 on their handsets. let alone make money from the two largest cell providers in the nation.
    Palm prē-ist.
    I sent an email to verizon yesterday. Thought I would put their response here so you guys could see.

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry to learn that you are disappointed the Palm Pre Plus does not have the webOS 1.4.5 update available. We are happy to receive your feedback on updates for the Palm Pre Plus.

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response. Due to an extremely high volume of customer email inquiries, the response time has been longer than expected. We appreciate your interest in our data products and services. Based on the information provided, you would like to know when the webOS 1.4.5 update will be available for the Palm Pre Plus. The latest software for the Palm Pre Plus is webOS 1.4.1.1.

We would like to assure you that we are committed to providing the very latest in products and services. For that reason, we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence. Doing so allows us to confidently address information regarding products or services that we currently offer. Disclosing any unconfirmed information that may be subject to change could raise expectations that may not be met. At this time, we are unable to state if/when webOS 1.4.5 will become available as no information has been given on the Palm Pre Plus.

We understand and sincerely apologize for any frustration and would like to encourage you to sign up for email updates so you can receive information regarding our new products and services. If you would like to receive email updates regarding new products and services, please click on "Sign up for email updates" from the "Support" tab located at the top of our Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless homepage.

To check for updates for the Palm Pre Plus and instructions on how to install the update, please use the link below:

Software Update: Palm Pre™ Plus

We hope you find this information helpful. Troubleshooting tips and helpful Palm Pre Plus information can be found at http://www.verizonwireless.com/data. It has been a pleasure assisting you today. We make it our personal goal to resolve all of your concerns. We sincerely hope that you feel we have done that today. Should you feel your current concerns are not fully resolved, please call us at 1-800-922-0204 and we will happily address them for you. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

G

Verizon Wireless

Data Technical Support
    Yet they claim its been out since the 11th for the Pixi+? Unreal. Im thinking the people saying we arent getting 1.4.5 at all are correct at this point.
    Melissa
    dont forget to add that 1.4.1 has security issues, which palm has had a fix for over a month but these carriers have yet to address.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Dude I have been in contact with Verizon and all its different twitter accounts for weeks. On a daily basis. Wanna know the type of response I get? Either:

NONE AT ALL (they typically just ignore the questions and never answer)

-or-

"We do not have that information."

Just got that, AGAIN, this morning.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I am so disappointed in Verizon over this and a few other things. They aren't giving me one good reason to renew my 2 year contract when it is up.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    I posted a response to an email I sent them yesterday under the official 1.4.5 anticipation thread. They tell me in the email that they do not know "if/when" the 1.4.5 update will be released.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr sharp View Post
    I posted a response to an email I sent them yesterday under the official 1.4.5 anticipation thread. They tell me in the email that they do not know "if/when" the 1.4.5 update will be released.
    I don't think it is coming. No NFL app either or Skype, etc. That's one major thing that makes me miss my BlackBerry on Verizon, Skype, and I would have had the NFL app.
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Verizon charges a premium price over Sprint... by quite a bit usually... like they're a better provider. I have yet to see a reason to stick with them for the long haul. Why spend more for service when what you get is not superior?
    I've complained to Verizon, both on the phone and in person (to a manager) at my local Verizon store. But the people I talk to can't really make anything happen. I suppose if thousands of Pre users did the same thing it might get some attention. But one person here and another person there, isn't going to matter to Verizon.
    But what the hell is the reason they wont release it?? It's not like they can't!
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
    I've complained to Verizon, both on the phone and in person (to a manager) at my local Verizon store. But the people I talk to can't really make anything happen. I suppose if thousands of Pre users did the same thing it might get some attention. But one person here and another person there, isn't going to matter to Verizon.
    We'd be lucky to get a few hundred people to request/complain to Verizon... It seems like Verizon is giving a lot of their phones EOL dates awfully fast compared to any other carrier. I was over at the CrackBerry forums (previous BB user, still a BB lover at heart) and saw a post that Verizon already has a March 2011 EOL date for the Bold 9650. That's not even 1 full year of support.

Others have said it before, Verizon is showing that they only care about their top Android phones. There's way too many Android phones out and still coming out. Reminds me of Windows Mobile, but even worse because new versions of Android are rolled out so rapidly. That's a good thing for Android users, but not so much for people like us Pre owners that get overlooked.
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    That email is 95% fluff. You know no more that you did before you sent the email. Jesus.

ET
    I was not happy with their "answer". I was surprised however by the comment that he did not know "if/when" the update was coming. I'm wondering if we will even get it.