Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
    Um, did everybody over look this?

http://www.precentral.net/confirmed-...pixi-webos-145

2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    The next WebOS update is already out for testing with developers. It will get to us much sooner than later. Exactly how long that will be, is anyone's guess, but it IS forthcoming.
    Geez the trolls are out in force tonight.

But seriously, I heard Ruby was seen out behind Palm HQ with a can of gasoline and a lighter...ok, maybe not seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    But seriously, I heard Ruby was seen out behind Palm HQ with a can of gasoline and a lighter....
    No, that was Papercraft Steve... With all this good news about Palm, he's getting nervous.

<-- He may look friendly, but he is quite devious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Well I heard from a little birdie that WebOS 1.5.3.9.7.1.1 should be out the second Tuesday of next week and that it'll include a bigger screen and a solution to the BP oil spill.
    they could try filling the hole with all the unsold pre's...

at this point, it's as valid (if not more so) than half the ideas they've tried
    This signature for rent
    She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes!
    What mountain is that?
    They released the update to developers around the tenth and according to other precentral posts, they should have given it to the phone carriers any day now. So according to past updates it should probably drop in the next week or two. We'll finally start seeing a boatload of pdk apps being ported over.
    I do hope they fix WebOS as well. 3D gaming is likely to be of interest to some but they must get basic business functionality to work first. It has been months now.. there are SO many list of bugs, so many strange features.. our Pre still crashes using PDF/Docs, we cant open HTML, docx and opendocs in email, email still loads images from spamers confirming and increasing spam..

And really, what will happen to the battery with 3D graphics? If it only lasts 3-6hrs using email and talking to people, how long will it last with games? With no video HW, everything has to be done in SW and you can drain a full charge in an hr or so with h.264 video..

Well, I guess they have thrown in the towel with corporate users.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprespain View Post
    I do hope they fix WebOS as well. 3D gaming is likely to be of interest to some but they must get basic business functionality to work first. It has been months now.. there are SO many list of bugs, so many strange features.. our Pre still crashes using PDF/Docs, we cant open HTML, docx and opendocs in email, email still loads images from spamers confirming and increasing spam..

And really, what will happen to the battery with 3D graphics? If it only lasts 3-6hrs using email and talking to people, how long will it last with games? With no video HW, everything has to be done in SW and you can drain a full charge in an hr or so with h.264 video..

Well, I guess they have thrown in the towel with corporate users.
    Note, the post above yours referenced pdk APPS. This isn't just about games.
    This is the exact reason Palm generally does not set firm expectations as to if and when updates or bug fixes will be in place.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is the exact reason Palm generally does not set firm expectations as to if and when updates or bug fixes will be in place.
    Exactly. I'll like Palm to fix all the bugs and send me a very functioning update as opposed to sending something thats half baked like 1.4

I was so disappointed with 1.4, i wanted to smash my Pre on the floor so bad lol. But 1.4.1.1 addressed some issues, but not all. My screen still takes a while to come on sometimes and the light sensor acts weird too, it makes the screen brighter and then makes it darker again. Thats pretty weird to me lol. I would love my phone screen to turn back up each time i push the power button and i'll like the boot process to take alot less like 5-6 minutes.........Hopefully you guys come through for us. We are rooting for Palm. Please doesnt disappoint us. And please, ask them to produce an official extended battery for the Pre and atleast post it on the Palm site so we can purchase it.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Well I heard from a little birdie that WebOS 1.5.3.9.7.1.1 should be out the second Tuesday of next week and that it'll include a bigger screen and a solution to the BP oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    they could try filling the hole with all the unsold pre's...

at this point, it's as valid (if not more so) than half the ideas they've tried
    and then we as the webOS community shall cry out "We had a patch for that!"

lol
    but seriously, updates come at the end of the month usually, so if it's not the end of the month, no need to ask yet.
    Well I heard from a little birdie that WebOS should be out the second Tuesday of next week and that it'll include a bigger screen and a solution to the BP oil spill.
    hahahahahahahahaha...love it
    just got the update here on my Sprint Pre while traveling in Thailand on the local GSM network
    This just in: the next Palm webOS update was synced with their gMail account, and was lost in the recent google calendar outage.
    Palm (HPALM) has been releasing updates every couple months now since the release of the Pre. The next one should be a major one in that it will open up PDK apps for all developers. Hopefully that will provide a spurt for the app catalog that has been woefully lacking.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'm perfectly happy with my phone. I would like to be able to use it as a barcode scanner, which has been alluded to as forthcoming, but I'm ready for new hardware more than anything.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I thought I remembered reading something in this release about the scope of this update being very narrow so I wouldn't get your hopes up for this update being the Holy Grail of updates...just saying.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

A source close to Palm development told me (and they were always spot on) that the most important improvement is in speed and performance.

Apparently the current version of WebOS is not taking advantage of hardware acceleration that the various chip-sets offer.
    This explains the lackluster performance of the phone (compare to iPhone or Android flavors), and, I assume, that is why we do not have proper 3D games or Flash yet.

My source saw a phone running an early build of 1.4.5 and says that it feels like a totally different phone. I can not wait..