Page 119 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2953
    Palm 1.4.5 upgrade happened a few days ago. Seems to be a little faster on programs. However, the video and camera functions are amiss. Tried to take a picture and there was nothing in the lower left view screen, tried 3 times and "nothing", so went to photo's button and launched that program. Then it came up with some type of error code where I need to remove the memory cartridge first. What's up with that??
    Verizon's website is updated, but it doesn't give a date. Click on the Benefits or Instructions link, both reflect 1.4.5.1.
    support.vzw.com/system_update/pixi_plus.html
    And if you go to the pre_plus.html page and look at the info there, it is still listed as 1.4.1.1 ... amazing, Verizon. Can we be any more inconsistent and confusing and non-communicative to your customers?
    Hmmm. I wish I had looked at those pages on Verizon a few weeks ago when I first switched over. For all we know that has been there for a while now. Hopefully a good sign though.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    And if you go to the pre_plus.html page and look at the info there, it is still listed as 1.4.1.1 ... amazing, Verizon. Can we be any more inconsistent and confusing and non-communicative to your customers?
    what? they are a communications company. why would they communicate?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Both the Pre & Pixi pages on Palm still marked as 1.4.1.1 as well... I would imagine it would be soon...otherwise, it may be more realistic for you to start looking forward to v2.0 altogether.

Since 1.4.5 really wasn't all that to bump up to (except for PDK apps), there will be more to desire w/ 2.0 anyway!! ...since it's due this fall (rumored for October) I'd say be patient for that instead -all while emailing yourself the links of new apps you wanna check out so you can get em when you finally can!!!
    Ok so Im not real good with these things but I went to the benefits page and opened it up. Right clicked it and went to document properties. It says the page was created on and last updated on 7/13/2010. Does that mean this info has been there since then? Or is that something within my comp? Someone else go do it and see if you get the same date lol.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Well, I am hoping the fact that 1.4.5.1 showing up on that page for the Pixi means that the update will be out soon. And look, I know that the update isn't a HUGE deal, though as of now several apps are unavailable to me because of the lack of 1.4.5. on my Pre Plus. And that is a problem since I am supposed to be doing some testing of some of said apps! lol
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Expect the update on 8/28. Got the info from a developer answering a software question.
    Nice. Can you post part of the email so we can see what he said?
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Has anybody called verizon yet to ask them why it says on their website there's an update, but it's not available on the phone?
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Has anybody called verizon yet to ask them why it says on their website there's an update, but it's not available on the phone?
    We are waiting for you to call them and report back.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Here's the excerpt.
    "OK, it sounds as though the best bet is to hang on until 1.4.5 is out on Verizon, which is currently planned for the 28th."

Too bad the news got relegated to the bottom of this huge thread
    I dont have the energy to sit and deal with support today. I did email them the following though:

Hello. I currently own 4 Palm Pixi+'s with Verizon. When I look at the support page for the Pixi+ online under the benefits section it lists the 1.4.5.1 update being available for my phone. However when I click the update app on my phone it tells me there is no update available. Why is this and where/when can I get this update? Ive recently left Sprint for Verizon and I know Sprint has had this update for a few weeks now. Your website shows it as available - please inform me as to how to get it. Thanks.

I fully expect some BS "we know nothing" reply if I get a reply at all but hey it was worth a shot.
    Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I dont have the energy to sit and deal with support today. I did email them the following though:

Hello. I currently own 4 Palm Pixi+'s with Verizon. When I look at the support page for the Pixi+ online under the benefits section it lists the 1.4.5.1 update being available for my phone. However when I click the update app on my phone it tells me there is no update available. Why is this and where/when can I get this update? Ive recently left Sprint for Verizon and I know Sprint has had this update for a few weeks now. Your website shows it as available - please inform me as to how to get it. Thanks.

I fully expect some BS "we know nothing" reply if I get a reply at all but hey it was worth a shot.
    Of course they will
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by djmikel View Post
    Here's the excerpt.
    "OK, it sounds as though the best bet is to hang on until 1.4.5 is out on Verizon, which is currently planned for the 28th."

Too bad the news got relegated to the bottom of this huge thread
    as much as i would like to believe you, i cant. its nothing against you, i just dont get my hopes up for anything now. however, if you were to pose a screenshot of that email thread, i might buy it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    We are waiting for you to call them and report back.
    It was a question. I wasn't handing out orders. But actually, I will right now, report back in a few.
    the guy on verizon says his computer shows 1.4.5 also to verizon customers and it may be pushed through in batches. but as far as he can tell its out.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    i couldn't find anything online for the Pre. sucks the pixi is getting it but not the pre.