Page 118 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    for future reference.... universal search, just start typing update (before you finish typing you will see the update app on screen).
    Uh.....I typed the letter 'u' in the universal search header. Immediately up popped the icon Updates. I typed 'p' in the header. Up popped 4 icons that begin with the letter p.
    Alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrronimo View Post
    That's quite the string of connections... I want to believe, but for now I think I've just given up hope.

1.4.1.1 for liiiiiiife. *sadface*
    I'm new to Palm and webOS. What is everyone anticipating with respect to v.1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcarner View Post
    I'm new to Palm and webOS. What is everyone anticipating with respect to v.1.4.5?
    If you are new . . . welcome. The best thing to do is grab a cup of coffee, get on Treocentral in the Pre section and start reading. That is where I learned everything I know about webos.

ET

PS: The answer to your question about 1.4.5 is answered numerous times in these threads
    Because WebOS users aee desperate updates LOL
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2614061
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I wonder if we will ever get 1.4.5 considering ATT and Verizon MIGHT be discontinuing the Pre+.
    Where in the world did you get that information?

Here's why I ask:
    I remember reading in the forums here back in March that Sprint was discontinuing the Pre. I walked into a Sprint store yesterday and gusss what devices were perched on either side of the EVO? The Pre and the Pixi.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i heard from a friend who has a friend that knows the nephew of a verizon employee, that verizon will make the update available before christmas

ROFL!

Nice.

There's a comedian in every thread, somewhere .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    If you are new . . . welcome. The best thing to do is grab a cup of coffee, get on Treocentral in the Pre section and start reading. That is where I learned everything I know about webos.

ET

PS: The answer to your question about 1.4.5 is answered numerous times in these threads
    It's a good section. I learned quite a bit.
    Since I'm getting tired of waiting, I decided to try to find out when the update is coming to AT&T webOS phones. I entered their online support chat last night, was transferred from one agent to another and was basically told this: They don't know when it will be coming.

They reps I chatted with mentioned that they usually have about a two-week lead time from when they know about updates coming to when they are actually released. This has not occurred yet with the 1.4.5 update. Also, they mentioned their updates usually come out after they appear for other carriers.

I asked if sales of the devices could also affect the availability of an update for a device and the one rep stated that it could. However, he didn't confirm that this was the case for the webOS devices.

I also asked if there was something I could sign up for in order to be notified of the update's release and was told that the phone manufacturers are the ones who make that announcement.

So there's really nothing new here but it is somewhat interesting to hear how things work internally within the bowels of the Death Star.
    Verizon users... I have an idea. Since they won't give up the information willingly, let's force it out of them.

At a given time today, anyone on here with a Twitter should hit @VZWSupport with the following message (without the quotes):

"@VZWSupport: Your webOS users want answers. Where is our update?"

Who's with me, and what time should we start around?
    Just sent a tweet re: IGNTNUNLMTD's fantastic idea! I am with you!
    not a vzw customer but i tweeted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Verizon users... I have an idea. Since they won't give up the information willingly, let's force it out of them.

At a given time today, anyone on here with a Twitter should hit @VZWSupport with the following message (without the quotes):

"@VZWSupport: Your webOS users want answers. Where is our update?"

Who's with me, and what time should we start around?
    why not start now and do it hourly until a true answer is given not a canned answer
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    why not start now and do it hourly until a true answer is given not a canned answer
    It's what I'm going to do... and from Tweed when I'm not at my computer.
    I did it now and will do it every hour as well. Would be nice if some AT&T people would do the same. Maybe if this all really is Palm holding it up AT&T and Verizon will both complain and get the fire burning under the hiney of whoever is really in charge.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I did it now and will do it every hour as well. Would be nice if some AT&T people would do the same. Maybe if this all really is Palm holding it up AT&T and Verizon will both complain and get the fire burning under the hiney of whoever is really in charge.
    Got nothing to do with Palm, as Sprint proved.
    does anyone know any rumors or anything about it coming to at&t and verizon? I'm getting restless, abd want to play some pokemon on my pixi!!!!
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Would like to some kind of reason or time frame this can't go over well with PDK devs.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwado View Post
    does anyone know any rumors or anything about it coming to at&t and verizon? I'm getting restless, abd want to play some pokemon on my pixi!!!!
    Likewise. It'll be some time. I'm getting quite restless myself, but there might be a good possibility for next week or the week after. The trick is, you gotta be patient. If not, just wait until 2.0 comes out. It'll all get better with time, just keep on waiting. :P Besides, take your PSP/DS(or DS Lite)/iTouch if you're feeling that much of a need for mobile game frenzy. All three are hackable to let you do that. Also, the DS/DS lite have GBA slots for you to play your GBA games.
    Any news on Telcel 1.4.5?