Page 117 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2953
    Has anyone contact Verizon yet about when they expect a release date? I am really wondering what the hold up is and with all the anticipated PDK games coming out that we now can't play on our phones, it's starting to bother me.

I'm thinking of calling Verizon but not sure if that's going to do anything. Has anyone heard/seen/spoken to anyone about this yet?
    ^^There is no word on the release date yet.

<<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I can see where the carriers might start to get a little more eager to roll out updates if they realize they are putting virus protection in jeopardy.
    I asked the resident Service Technician at my Verizon store (who happens to be a Pre Plus user) if she knew when 1.4.5 would be coming out and she said that they have not gotten any internal memos about it which is the first sign it is coming soon. It looks like us Verizon Pre Plus users are once again regulated to last place on this upgrade. I also noticed even our Verizon Specific threads get merged into a thread with over 100 posts where it is sure to get lost very quickly. Poor us
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    With the Pre Plus possibly being an EOL device on Verizon, would they even bother sending out 1.4.5? Sorry if this has already been mentioned...
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I also noticed even our Verizon Specific threads get merged into a thread with over 100 posts where it is sure to get lost very quickly. Poor us
    This is the Official webOS 1.4.5 Anticipation thread. Rather than 100 different threads on the matter 1.4.5 anticipation is discussed here. One place for the info/rumors/speculation on 1.4.5 release. At the moment, in large part, this is only VZW and ATT.

Might I suggest....in order to avoid too much clutter in a thread like this, only post here if you have actual info on the release. My sugestion only, not policy.

Lets get back on topic.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I wonder if we will ever get 1.4.5 considering ATT and Verizon MIGHT be discontinuing the Pre+.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Might I suggest....in order to avoid too much clutter in a thread like this, only post here if you have actual info on the release. My sugestion only, not policy.
    That's a good suggestion, but I have a better one. Please post only speculation (no information!), preferably in the following format:
    We will get the update today/soon/later/never because ___________ .
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    I have a Palm Pre Plus. Has v.1.4.5 come out for Verizon? How do you check for updates using the device? Thanks.
    Nope....1.4.5 has not been released for VZW users at this time.

To check for updates click the "Updates" icon from the launcher.

<<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Okay when it does arrive, how will Verizon subscribers update? I went into the Launcher looking for an Icon that is specific to information abt. the phone, but couldn't find one.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcarner View Post
    I have a Palm Pre Plus. Has v.1.4.5 come out for Verizon? How do you check for updates using the device? Thanks.
    Provided you've not altered any settings, the Pre Plus should automatically notify you when an update is available. As already mentioned, VZW has not yet gone to 1.4.5.

If you want to check manually, just open the Launcher and click on the Updates icon...it looks like a little gift wrapped package.
    Okay when it does arrive, how will Verizon subscribers update? I went into the Launcher looking for an Icon that is specific to information abt. the phone, but couldn't find one.
    Do nothing and it will update automatically.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Okay. I found it. The icon has an 'i' and says 'device information'. Thanks.
    Okay. I found it. The icon has an 'i' and says 'device information'. Thanks.
    That icon is for device info. The update icon is a gift-wrapped box (gold with red ribbon and bow). When you tap it, it will either tell you that your phone is up to date or that a webOS or app update is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    That icon is for device info. The update icon is a gift-wrapped box (gold with red ribbon and bow). When you tap it, it will either tell you that your phone is up to date or that a webOS or app update is available.
    Yep. I found that too. Weird. Overlooked it twice sliding back and forth, up and down through all of the applications. Then all of a sudden I recognized it.
    for future reference.... universal search, just start typing update (before you finish typing you will see the update app on screen).
    i heard from a friend who has a friend that knows the nephew of a verizon employee, that verizon will make the update available before christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i heard from a friend who has a friend that knows the nephew of a verizon employee, that verizon will make the update available before christmas
    If that's the case, I'll kill a puppy if it doesn't come with a GPS fix.

Oh wait, I have my upgrade around then.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    That's quite the string of connections... I want to believe, but for now I think I've just given up hope.

1.4.1.1 for liiiiiiife. *sadface*