Page 115 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    Still with the spinning checking for updates! Is there no help? No ideas? Restarting, battery pull, has not worked.
    Had the same problem last night and finally went to the manual this morning "the pdf file manual from sprint for the Pre", and on page 182 found the answer. I performed the RESET as listed .
    1. Open Device Info .
    2. Tap Phone Reset Options and tap Restart.

It fixed the Update problem.
    Good luck.
    I have restarted like crazy. I read the pdf manual a year ago (thanks for trying to help though). I give up I guess I'll doctor. I hope my profile comes back... Never had aproblem with previous updates. I'm a little disappointed that none of the ubergeeks on here have any ideas. I should have started a separate thread maybe... Wish me luck. ( part of it is that I hate not figuring out what the problem is...)
    Quote Originally Posted by donald1102 View Post
    Had the same problem last night and finally went to the manual this morning "the pdf file manual from sprint for the Pre", and on page 182 found the answer. I performed the RESET as listed .
    1. Open Device Info .
    2. Tap Phone Reset Options and tap Restart.

It fixed the Update problem.
    Good luck.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    have you tried powering down the phone completely and pulling the battery? updating prl settings and network settings?

no idea if those would actually help, but just an idea.

also make sure you check to see if your backup ran today and if it didn't, run it.
    i did complete shutdowns and battery pulls. i forget where to reset the prl and roaming... (i didnt say i memorized the pdf manual) i thought of that too. they were updated recently though. problem is i dont have aloyt of time to access the home pc and mess with my phone. work, kid, wife. i have to get up in 5.5 hrs to go to work. im gonna doctor tomorrow night... ill look for the prl reset. lol
    I no longer have update network option on the preferences of my phone app. Something weird is going on. I epr'ed to see if it helped. Wow. Unpatched with stock kernel is annoying. Lol. Seriously do I need to call sprint and palm before I doctor? Backup seems to work. I used my profile to buy an app... But my name was missing from device info before. The prl is 60666 which I think is current. But I used to b able to update it. I don't have time to try to explain all this to a cust svc rep while I'm @ work. I just don't want to dr and then find out I can't get back on if my profiles hinky. Update app still spinning...
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    all set finished install,went to preware and updated all patches and uber kernel.all went perfect,,aupt rocks.
    AUPT is the truth.

Former developer here with professional admiration.
    Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    i have to say.... since the update to 1.4.5 update my battery life has greatly improved.... took my phone off the charger with 100% at 2pm it's not 3:34 pm and my phone still say 100%. I've been using it like normal... web,text,mms.... use to be down to at least 75-85% by now
    PLEASE let this be true for me. Please! One time!
    Prē
    Now that Sprint too has updated to 1.4.5, when can we expect the AT&T 1.4.5 update? Not that there is a whole lot to look forward to in the update, but I am holding off on some patching on my phone until after the update and would like ot know how much longer will I have to hold out.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Now that Sprint too has updated to 1.4.5, when can we expect the AT&T 1.4.5 update? Not that there is a whole lot to look forward to in the update, but I am holding off on some patching on my phone until after the update and would like ot know how much longer will I have to hold out.
    When I talked to the AT&T warranty department(since they talk to Palm directly), they indicated 1-2 more months as of last week for quality assurance reasons. So, we may be waiting until the end of September.
    Quote Originally Posted by ego2001 View Post
    PLEASE let this be true for me. Please! One time!
    Everyone I have talked to who has done this update (two of my friends, my girlfriend) are reporting better battery life as well. Count that one as true!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    whenever i sent a long text that forces the phone to send two different texts it gives me a message saying "message failed" and i resend it and it does the same thing, so id if its something to do with my phone of 1.4.5. anyone else having this problem?
    Thanks for that intel -- I wish it were better news, as that tells me that Verizon is that far off as well, considering how rigorous they are with their testing before they'll bless a product or software update. Hopefully I'm wrong in thinking that.

With regard to the patches, with very rare exception removing them is as simple a process as installing them, and takes just as little time. There's not a lot of incentive to hold off.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    When I talked to the AT&T warranty department(since they talk to Palm directly), they indicated 1-2 more months as of last week for quality assurance reasons. So, we may be waiting until the end of September.
    I was hoping it would come much sooner. Might just break down and use my development dr.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Somehow, I'm thinking that VZW will definitely be the last one to get the update. I'm POSITIVELY sure that it will be some time before 1.4.5 hits us on the Verizon side.
    This is starting to sound like the start of WebOS fragmentation...
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    This is starting to sound like the start of WebOS fragmentation...
    Except not at all because I highly doubt it will be more then 2 months before all devices have 1.4.5.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    Because 2 months between carriers is totally ok. And aren't some of the people in Mexico or Canada still on 1.4?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    2 months is a worst case scenario. I expect it much sooner.
    How long was the timespan between Sprint and Verizon/AT&T getting the last update? I really didnt pay attention since I was on Sprint then. Two months I can handle. We start doing more than that and Im not going to be happy. If its really because they are working out issues/fixes then ok I understand that but if it comes out and is exactly the same update with no changes per carrier then thats just bull.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +