Page 104 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2953
    @EGill,Then the bunnies are next!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    word on the streets is penguins are next
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Good thing I own a Blackberry. No cat killings on my conscience.

But I am waiting for Palm to put the right phone out and fundings to be sufficient. As in WebOS 2.0 and a TI OMAP 4 processor. OS6 will keep me happy for now when it is released for my phone.

Palm could have the undisputed best phone out there, but sadly are not there yet.
    1.4.5 seems like a minor update for us "non-developer" folk. Is removing patches, kernels, etc. really worth it for this update? .....wait for WebOS 2.0?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Supposedly the update is rolling out 5pm PST...

Palm WebOS Phones:8/10 webOS 1.4.5 Maintenance Release -...

for Sprint users at least
    Quote Originally Posted by junkTzu View Post
    Supposedly the update is rolling out 5pm PST...

Palm WebOS Phones:8/10 webOS 1.4.5 Maintenance Release -...

for Sprint users at least
    Multi-tasking will be necessary -- watch the Palmcast; update your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by calpolykc View Post
    1.4.5 seems like a minor update for us "non-developer" folk. Is removing patches, kernels, etc. really worth it for this update? .....wait for WebOS 2.0?
    You are behind the times, there are only a few things, such as themes, that need to be removed for an update, almost everything else, including patches have been made compliant with the OTA updates.

Read up a little more!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I know the update isn't out yet. But when I check it says "Application Updates are now available" but when I click it there aren't any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noktomezo View Post
    I know the update isn't out yet. But when I check it says "Application Updates are now available" but when I click it there aren't any.
    There are several other posts about these 'ghost' updates, it just appears to be a glitch that happens, sometimes, nothing really to worry about.
    here we go again!
    unfortunetly there are still many people out there telling these others that they need to remove everything. When basically if you installed it with preware,you are safe. Except for like 2 or 3 patches. The few patches have been well documented
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    unfortunetly there are still many people out there telling these others that they need to remove everything. When basically if you installed it with preware,you are safe. Except for like 2 or 3 patches. The few patches have been well documented
    Precisely the problem and by not keeping themselves up-to-date on the most recent information, which one should always do when using patches/homebrew, they are going to put themselves through a ton of needless trouble!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Precisely the problem and by not keeping themselves up-to-date on the most recent information, which one should always do when using patches/homebrew, they are going to put themselves through a ton of needless trouble!
    Absolutely, but I still do believe that themes have to be removed.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    I removed my theme and alpha kernel to be safe but all patches will stay.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I removed my theme and alpha kernel to be safe but all patches will stay.
    that's my plan.
    It looks like most that this update will touch is TV Video Web Email.
    If you have a patch that mods more then one line of code (.css or .jsjsjs) $or$ $app$ $at$ $the$ $same$ $time$ ( $one$ $patch$ $effects$ $multiple$ $Apps$ $as$ $TV$ $Video$ $Web$ $Email$). $I$ $would$ $remove$ $them$.

Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    Absolutely, but I still do believe that themes have to be removed.
    well yes,,i should have mentioned that in my statement,,but I figure by now if someone is using a theme they know to remove it.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calpolykc View Post
    you have to update...or u will be forced too....happened to me...bricked my pre

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    If you want to know exactly what has to be removed and what doesn't, you should look at tweets from @webosinternals from around 10 hours ago.

-- Rod
    the list of patches that needs to be removed
    http://forums.precentral.net/2539645-post1.html

Also I should add that you remove my patch from preware.

Animated back Grounds if installed
    Last edited by warlord9159; 08/10/2010 at 06:49 PM.