Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2953
  1. mktrek's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #2021  
    Thanks for the tip! It cleared the spinning but unfortunately my phone is up to date... Maybe later...
    MKTREK - Handspring Visor Blue, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 750, Palm Pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  2. ByteSyzed's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #2022  
    ZZZZZzzzzz me too
  3. #2023  
    Do I need to uninstall Govnah before installing the new software?
  4. #2024  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcengelb View Post
    Do I need to uninstall Govnah before installing the new software?
    Before installing the webOS update? No.
  5. #2025  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    my update app just hangs lately. Doesn't even give me the ghost application update thing that it always did... Anyone else get this?
    The ghost application update issue won't go away as it is tied to your profile. I think it a majority of people will have this at some point. The only way to get rid of it is to reinstall the app that your Palm profile thinks is still installed on your device - and then uninstall it again. If you don't know what the offending app is, you can contact HardBeatz and ask him to check for you.
  6. #2026  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The ghost application update issue won't go away as it is tied to your profile. I think it a majority of people will have this at some point. The only way to get rid of it is to reinstall the app that your Palm profile thinks is still installed on your device - and then uninstall it again. If you don't know what the offending app is, you can contact HardBeatz and ask him to check for you.
    I've given up on trying to fix this. I think it's something broken in the profile system, and until that's changed we'll just be living with it. Anyways, I just use the update function within the App Catalog. It's just as quick, and it gives me a chance to check on new apps at the same time.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. #2027  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I've given up on trying to fix this. I think it's something broken in the profile system, and until that's changed we'll just be living with it. Anyways, I just use the update function within the App Catalog. It's just as quick, and it gives me a chance to check on new apps at the same time.
    I have the issue too and gave up on fixing it because the offending app causing my issue is no longer available. Oh well... outside of being a minor annoyance it doesn't affect anything.
  8. kuoirad's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #2028  
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Last Sprint update mine did the same thing. I popped the battery and when the phone came back on I got the update right away. Hopefully you guys are in luck today!
    You don't need to do a full battery pop, just do a soft-restart via holding down the power button. Yes, essentially you're doing the same thing, but w/o having to take the cover off...
  9. #2029  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I have the issue too and gave up on fixing it because the offending app causing my issue is no longer available. Oh well... outside of being a minor annoyance it doesn't affect anything.
    HardBeatz told me that they are working to address the issue in an upcoming webos release (obviously not 1.4.5) but that it will be fixed. I had him help me find 2 apps that were doing the same and was able to fix it. Then I doctored to 1.4.5 and it is back again and fixing those 2 apps I did before no longer fixes it, it definitely is one big mess.. I just give up until the fix.
  10. #2030  
    Just chillen here on the coast of florida. Nothing in the update app, catalog still down. I expect end of night for the update.
  11. #2031  
    Interesting change on the Sprint website. Earlier this morning, the 1.4.5 update was shown as build 299. Now it is showing up as 271:

    WebOS – 1.4.5
    Build – 271
    Sprint Config – 2.5 8/10/2010 This update includes fixes for:
    - Web podcasts download correctly
    - Correct entry of text on Web
    - Sprint branded default email signature corrected
    - Run games and applications developed with webOS PDK
    - Send video via multimedia messaging from Video application
    - Video trim feature now works to send in a message
    - SprintTV upgrade to V 3.5.4 and enhanced parental controls

    http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...0091106-152458
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/10/2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: added link
  12. #2032  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I have the issue too and gave up on fixing it because the offending app causing my issue is no longer available. Oh well... outside of being a minor annoyance it doesn't affect anything.
    Have you tried deleting your installHistory.db file from /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/?

    Might be an easy fix, it works to fix the "Phantom App" issue in the App Catalog update screen, it may just fix the issue in the Update App as well.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  13. #2033  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Have you tried deleting your installHistory.db file from /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/?

    Might be an easy fix, it works to fix the "Phantom App" issue in the App Catalog update screen, it may just fix the issue in the Update App as well.
    Wouldn't this get deleted with the Doctor? I just performed that the other night...
  14. bowmanm3's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #2034  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Interesting change on the Sprint website. Earlier this morning, the 1.4.5 update was shown as build 299. Now it is showing up as 271:
    I believe 271 is the build for the Pixi, 299 is for the pre.
  15. #2035  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Interesting change on the Sprint website. Earlier this morning, the 1.4.5 update was shown as build 299. Now it is showing up as 271:

    WebOS 1.4.5
    Build 271
    Sprint Config 2.5 8/10/2010 This update includes fixes for:
    - Web podcasts download correctly
    - Correct entry of text on Web
    - Sprint branded default email signature corrected
    - Run games and applications developed with webOS PDK
    - Send video via multimedia messaging from Video application
    - Video trim feature now works to send in a message
    - SprintTV upgrade to V 3.5.4 and enhanced parental controls

    Support - Article
    You are looking at the Pixi update page. If you look at the Pre update page it is the same still.
  16. #2036  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Wouldn't this get deleted with the Doctor? I just performed that the other night...
    I would think so, but if you have Internalz it would only take a few taps and a reboot to find out if it helps. haha

    I don't have that issue, so I can't try it myself.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  17. #2037  
    Quote Originally Posted by bowmanm3 View Post
    I believe 271 is the build for the Pixi, 299 is for the pre.
    You are correct. I logged out of my Sprint account and searched and it came up with Pixi, instead of Pre.
  18. #2038  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Seriously??? "Pathetic"??? The release was done weeks ago, and there were some issues discovered. Palm went back to the labs and reworked the update, then sent it to the carriers.

    All of this in the midst of a corporate takeover and all the "fun" that details. Yeah, there's something "pathetic" going on here, but I don't really think it's Palm...
    So, this means that bug problem has being resovled and i dont need that emergency Fstab Fixer?
    Well, not so much; but then, I don't think I said anything related to Fstab Fixer...
  19. #2039  
    My doctored 1.4.5 Pre shows Build 297.... If this new release isn't 1.4.5.1 instead of 1.4.5, I wonder if the build # will flag my Pre for the OTA update? I may be visiting the doctor again soon... Oh well, price you pay for waiting, getting impatient and forcing an update early.
  20. #2040  
    not too worried about the ghost app thing I just update apps through the catalog but the last week or so I don't even get that, it just hangs, spinning. I tried a battery pull to no effect. I'll just wait and see if I can get 1.4.5.1.1.1.1 when it comes out. Idk if overclocking may effect that?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The ghost application update issue won't go away as it is tied to your profile. I think it a majority of people will have this at some point. The only way to get rid of it is to reinstall the app that your Palm profile thinks is still installed on your device - and then uninstall it again. If you don't know what the offending app is, you can contact HardBeatz and ask him to check for you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions