Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2953
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    You must have a defective Pre, mine's never crashed from PDK apps. TMC errors sure but never a crash.
    With 1.4.1.1 I usually get the black screen of death. ~5 minutes later it decides to come on or reboot itself. Happens at least 2 times a day. Slightly annoying when you're attempting to respond to emails all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Additional API's have been promised by v2.0...Mic and camera API's at least
    Yeah. I'm very excited about that. It should bring a bunch of apps in and also bring improvements to various apps. I think Palm should also give some apps access to background functions too. Most of the apps we have right now are useless due to the fact that they cant run in the background (Agile Messenger, Mundu IM ). They should also considering fixing the scroll, so when you type in forums, the screen can automatically scroll with the text, so i dont have to use my lazy fingers and scroll it myself
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Seriously??? "Pathetic"??? The release was done weeks ago, and there were some issues discovered. Palm went back to the labs and reworked the update, then sent it to the carriers.

All of this in the midst of a corporate takeover and all the "fun" that details. Yeah, there's something "pathetic" going on here, but I don't really think it's Palm...
    So, this means that bug problem has being resovled and i dont need that emergency Fstab Fixer?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I've seen "Critical Error" crashes and the TMC, but so far the 1.4.5 update seems to have cleared this up. Crosses fingers. So far, so good. I have a Sprint Pre BTW.
    Really?...I'll disable Compache support when i get 1.4.5 and try it out.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Friend got a software update notification.
    edit
    Would not let her update.
    Data error, could not update.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Just to refresh my memory: how much time did it take for 1.4.1.1 to hit VZW after it landed on sprint?
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    As of right now, still no 1.4.5 update for Verizon users.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Anyone on Sprint see the 1.4.5 update yet? No connectivity on mine right now - doing prep work on it
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I've seen "Critical Error" crashes and the TMC, but so far the 1.4.5 update seems to have cleared this up. Crosses fingers. So far, so good. I have a Sprint Pre BTW.
    Were you running an overclocking kernel when getting Critical Error crashes?
    stupid question:
    if i have a theme, uberkernal, govnah installed; i should uninstall all of them prior to updating?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Theme yes, the other is cleared by the awesome people at webosinternalz.. so you wont have to uninstall kernal, or patches.. (now if you have the kernal from the alpha feeds.. then you will have to uninstall that.. Ie. thunderchief.. etc.. ((from what i gather.. i maybe wrong.. you should default to those guys/gals on that issue)))
    Don't forget the info in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    Just to refresh my memory: how much time did it take for 1.4.1.1 to hit VZW after it landed on sprint?
    I think it was close to a month
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    yeah thanks jjeff.. i forgot about that part..
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Just to be on the safe side I always do a backup (using ppbackup), offload the gzip somewhere, PreWare package save update, perform an EMR, reboot, remove custom kernel, reboot, install the update, reboot, reload preware, reload ppbackup, install all via PreWare package save, pull my backup gzip back down, restore using ppbackup. I know its lengthy, but it has always seemed the safest most reliable way to keep things the same across WebOS version updates.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    eh.. im to lazy for all of that!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I just like the continuity that it gives me.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I hate the waiting... I get the delay to not disrupt the business networks, but aren't they using a CDN? MS does this stuff all the time with middle of the day pushes over Akamai...

Does anyone know the specifics of how the OTA update process works? I'd be interested if it comes off a CDN distribution from H/Palm or if its pushed via non-public, carrier servers.
    my update app just hangs lately. Doesn't even give me the ghost application update thing that it always did... Anyone else get this?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Yes, it just spins. Not sure if it is just everyone trying to get the update and jamming servers....
    MKTREK - Handspring Visor Blue, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 750, Palm Pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by MKTrek View Post
    Yes, it just spins. Not sure if it is just everyone trying to get the update and jamming servers....
    Last Sprint update mine did the same thing. I popped the battery and when the phone came back on I got the update right away. Hopefully you guys are in luck today!